• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadman

SundanceMLG July 01 2011 12:14. Posts 13 Profile #
JP is the MAN and the show is his show. He will host it with whatever lineup he wants and he will talk about the things that he and his co-hosts choose to discuss.

MLG is simply the new distribution partner.

Except I will force him to cut to shots of baby eagles every 5 minutes.

yay state of the game doesn't change

WedgeX

Banned
Noticed that in the matches I'm losing, it's been one of three problems. Not enough scvs. Not enough production. And getting impatient and a moving to a natural when I should be creeping up.

Now to fix all three...

And then I have games where two of those three don't happen and I win.

Only played one ladder game today against a random. At the start i said gl hf and he responded with 'fuck you'. When i scouted his base all he had was a forge. He cannon rushed me and when i held it he just said scrub and quit.

On the tournament

Disappointed with all 3 of my games. In the first i sort of let my minerals stockpile way too much. My timings were all off as well in large part because i was pretty nervous in all of the matches.

In game 2 well that was kind of a fail. I knew i should have just went for the 2nd base but i sort of panicked and tried to get up the ramp.

Game 3 well.......lol that was fun. Im kind of kicking myself because i had enough money for a spine which would have won me the match.

Also i was originally going to leave 2-3 banes in the back of my base to cripple his army when we base traded. Unfortunately i panicked again and just brought them all with me.

I was kicking myself after game 2 and 3.

Anyway hope you guys enjoyed the matches as much as i did. Entering the tournament has made me want to start playing more and i'm actually going to start showing up to GAF nights to try and get better.

I think it's also about time that i actually learned a few build orders/strategies instead of just winging it every game.

Corran Horn said:
http://www.justin.tv/corran666/b/289221638
Elcheris v Yoshim vod

Link only active for a week or so.

Oh man so close yet so far, enjoyed watching with the commentary, you guys did a great job. The stream and commentating were both really high quality.

At some points it felt as though panda knew exactly what i was thinking. In some of the matches.

With Bel'Shir i actually did pick it because i thought ling/bling would be really effective and i feel as though im pretty good with that style of play.

That plus neither of us knew the map which i felt increased my chances a bit.

Pandaman said:
good games yoshim, you had a strong chance in every game.

Not sure if i should be happy that i actually put up a fight or disappointed that i threw away my chance to win.

pieatorium said:
Map has been changed, can't seem to find a pic of the newest version but there are only 2 entrances to natural and there are 2xelnaga towers in the middle so you can have vision of the "many paths" or at least the 2 paths at your end.

Giant image: http://i.imgur.com/MA7Uy.jpg

Edit: Just saw TL's BW power rankings for this month, had a good chuckle at them (highlighting is mine)

8PCXw.png

heyf00L said:
Anyone hear about the ROOTDestiny DDoS stuff?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsQwAJx_Jdo
A couple of people were DDoSing his IP to take down his jtv stream. He found out who one of them is and applied to have a civil suit on Judge Judy.
Since then he's said that it has been accepted by Judge Judy. Sounds like fun.

Couple days old, but super interesting nonetheless. Destiny still remains one of my favorite players to watch when I'm looking for something entertaining.

Also, he's not ROOTDestiny anymore (well, his bnet ID is still ROOTDestiny, I guess), ROOT was acquired by CompLexity and Destiny was subsequently released. :(

heyf00L

Yeah, I know about that, but he's still going by ROOTDestiny and his website is root-destiny.com, right? He probably doesn't want to go through the hassle of changing all of that until he gets picked up by another team, tho.

Anyway, yeah the DDoS stuff is sorta old but is developing a bit each day. I didn't see any mention of it here yet.

mescalineeyes said:
officially they called MLG a "distributor".

I don't know what that means but I am excited as all hell.

It means we'll be able to download it without having to pause and unpause it because JP's server sucks.

Deadly

ShallNoiseUpon said:
It means we'll be able to download it without having to pause and unpause it because JP's server sucks.
I thought the pause/download was alright. Considering the speed was extremely fast at the start, it doesn't take long to finish.

I can't believe Destiny's case was accepted on Judge Judy though :lol

heyf00L said:
Yeah, I know about that, but he's still going by ROOTDestiny and his website is root-destiny.com, right? He probably doesn't want to go through the hassle of changing all of that until he gets picked up by another team, tho.

Anyway, yeah the DDoS stuff is sorta old but is developing a bit each day. I didn't see any mention of it here yet.

Yea, it was mentioned in the old thread I believe. I still can't believe Judge Judy is taking the case up, did Destiny accept?

FOR NA

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/3031252#blog

It’s that time again! Season 2 is drawing to a close, and that means that soon all ladders will be locked.

Season 2 Lock

What does this mean for you? During the Season 2 lock, you can no longer be promoted or demoted out of your current league or division, and your bonus pool will stop growing. Once locked to a league and division, you’ll still be able to play out your remaining bonus pool and compete for standing within your division until the end of the season, so it’s a great time to enjoy yourself and maybe even push for a better milestone. If you’re looking to move to a different league, though, there’s no time like the present! The Season 2 lock will go into effect on Tuesday, July 5 at 5:00 AM PDT.

Please note that the hidden ratings used to determine promotions and demotions will continue to update during the Season 2 lock and be used for matchmaking purposes. This means that if you play significantly better or worse than your assigned league at the time of the lock, your league may change when Season 3 begins and you play your first placement match. If you go on a major winning streak during the lock, for example, you may end up promoted next season. Conversely, if you happen to lose a lot more than usual, you may end up demoted. Your games during the lock still count!

Season 3 Start Date

The Season 2 lock also means that Season 3 is right around the corner. During morning maintenance on Tuesday, July 19, Season 2 will end and Season 3 will begin.
Season milestone rewards will be locked in at this time, and bonus pools will start over. Hidden skill ratings used for matchmaking and league placement will carry over from the previous season, so if you’ve completed placement matches in a previous season you will only need to play one new placement match after Season 3 starts.

FOR EU

http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/2545809

It’s that time again! Season 2 is drawing to a close, and that means that soon all ladders will be locked.

Season 2 Lock

What does this mean for you? During the Season 2 lock, you can no longer be promoted or demoted out of your current league or division, and your bonus pool will stop growing. Once locked to a league and division, you’ll still be able to play out your remaining bonus pool and compete for standing within your division until the end of the season, so it’s a great time to enjoy yourself and maybe even push for a better milestone. If you’re looking to move to a different league, though, there’s no time like the present! The Season 2 lock will go into effect in approximately 1 week on Wednesday, 6 July.

Please note that the hidden ratings used to determine promotions and demotions will continue to update during the Season 2 lock and be used for matchmaking purposes. This means that if you play significantly better or worse than your assigned league at the time of the lock, your league may change when Season 3 begins and you play your first placement match. If you go on a major winning streak during the lock, for example, you may end up promoted next season. Conversely, if you happen to lose a lot more than usual, you may end up demoted. Your games during the lock still count!

Season 3 Start Date

The Season 2 lock also means that Season 3 is right around the corner. During morning maintenance on Wednesday, 20 July, Season 2 will end and Season 3 will begin. Season milestone rewards will be locked in at this time, and bonus pools will start over. Hidden skill ratings used for matchmaking and league placement will carry over from the previous season, so if you’ve completed placement matches in a previous season you will only need to play one new placement match after Season 3 starts.

ShallNoiseUpon said:

hmm...I better hurry up and get at least one promotion! I don't like that you can still alter your MMR, this would have been the perfect time for me to play Zerg some more and get a feel for the ladder as a Zerg. Oh well, maybe when I do my placement matches I will be placed a bit higher than where I end in S2.

EDIT: Aww shit, unless I get promoted tonight, it isn't going to happen. I won't be playing much until Tuesday.

BigAT

Yeah, I still don't quite understand the purpose of season lock to be honest. It seems fairly purposeless.

ultron87

BigAT said:
Yeah, I still don't quite understand the purpose of season lock to be honest. It seems fairly purposeless.

They want people to be able to ladder hardcore to get the fancy "top of your division" medals without getting promoted away at an inopportune time.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
ultron87 said:
They want people to be able to ladder hardcore to get the fancy "top of your division" medals without getting promoted away from at an inopportune time.
also they're a good way for people like me to ease back into the ladder after a long break.

hamchan

heyf00L said:
Anyone hear about the ROOTDestiny DDoS stuff?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsQwAJx_Jdo
A couple of people were DDoSing his IP to take down his jtv stream. He found out who one of them is and applied to have a civil suit on Judge Judy.
Since then he's said that it has been accepted by Judge Judy. Sounds like fun.
Honestly, I'd rather he take the culprits to real court so they suffer real losses. In Judge Judy the tv producer pays for them and the guilty do not have to pay a cent. Though I suppose Judge Judy would be good advertising for Destiny.

ShallNoiseUpon said:
Only seems that way because S1 was way too long. Didn't S2 start at the end of March?

Yea, it started right as I began playing. I should be able to get the top of bronze medal with some heavy playing.

hoverX

i got placed 12th in my division but only because there are 12 people in it lol. Will i still be that high up in the new season? Assuming i'll be put in a different bronze division...

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu SlayerSBoxer and MMA invited and accepted MLG invite to Anaheim.

Maybe Ill drive now...

BigAT

ultron87 said:
They want people to be able to ladder hardcore to get the fancy "top of your division" medals without getting promoted away at an inopportune time.
Anyone that is worrying about their rank more than getting promoted is doing things so incredibly wrong they should not be catered to.

heyf00L

hamchan said:
Honestly, I'd rather he take the culprits to real court so they suffer real losses. In Judge Judy the tv producer pays for them and the guilty do not have to pay a cent. Though I suppose Judge Judy would be good advertising for Destiny.
Then maybe Destiny did it partly to more humiliate than to take his money.

Slavik81

Season 2's almost over? Aww.
I'm starting to think I'll never make it into Masters. Mostly because I haven't played in weeks.

BigAT

Awesome Animals said:
Blizzard has said that they want to cater to the casuals too.
It's not a casual/hardcore thing. Casuals should be hoping for a promotion as much as anyone else.

Really though, they should just get rid of the whole rank system and just make MMR visible. Rank is so misleading and means absolutely nothing after you find out how it's calculated.

jasonng

BigAT said:
It's not a casual/hardcore thing. Casuals should be hoping for a promotion as much as anyone else.

Really though, they should just get rid of the whole rank system and just make MMR visible. Rank is so misleading and means absolutely nothing after you find out how it's calculated.
Fuck that. I want mah shiny medals.

Q8D3vil

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu SlayerSBoxer and MMA invited and accepted MLG invite to Anaheim.

maybe they gave MMA the invite because he is the champion, but i feel its kinda unfair to some other koreans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom