• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Ikuu said:
Buy $100 keyboard, use shitty monitor for 13 years ago.
fixed

Hugoboss21 said:
just buy a 27$ korean keyboard that most of the korean pro gamers use

http://cgi.ebay.com/Samsung-Qsenn-K...43?pt=PCA_Mice_Trackballs&hash=item2a0f2a8e6b

ebay is the only place where i found mine. And its pretty good.

ps: plz dont get fooled by razer's advertisements ;(
I don't that is why I held off on a keyboard instead of buying one the same time as my mouse. The only reason I got a blackadder is because well, everyone said blackadder when I asked on Team Liquid.

If I get a Korean keyboard, won't all the keys in in Korean?

Trickster

Void Insanity said:
On the subject of keyboards what is a good one to get? I also have a crappy one that has seen better days (it is stained with Pizza). I replaced my mouse a few months ago and that was one of the best decisions I made in awhile (Razor Blackadder).

Just got my Qpad mk-80, absolutely amazing as far as I'm concerned, never knew pressing buttons could be so satisfying.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Trickster said:
Just got my Qpad mk-80, absolutely amazing as far as I'm concerned, never knew pressing buttons could be so satisfying.
He's not into mechanical stuff so that Korean keyboard might be something for him.

I do not know if I am or not, I've always used a shitty keyboard and mouse. Stop judging me Mr stone age, I can see you very clearly on this LCD monitor of mine.

Holden

Void Insanity said:
I don't that is why I held off on a keyboard instead of buying one the same time as my mouse. The only reason I got a blackadder is because well, everyone said blackadder when I asked on Team Liquid.

If I get a Korean keyboard, won't all the keys in in Korean?

Samsung Qsenn Korean English Keyboard SEM-DT35 White

Yoshichan

Void Insanity said:
I do not know if I am or not, I've always used a shitty keyboard and mouse. Stop judging me Mr stone age, I can see you very clearly on this LCD monitor of mine.
kmqI7.jpg

?

Tyler talks so much shit, I almost want to troll him. But he has a wife and probably has more important things to do than play games; his wife is in med school, it's not like they're making money. I wouldn't be surprised if he retires.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
PhoenixDark said:
Tyler talks so much shit, I almost want to troll him. But he has a wife and probably has more important things to do than play games; his wife is in med school, it's not like they're making money. I wouldn't be surprised if he retires.

I imagine he gets a decent sum from that Stride sponsorship.

Ikuu said:
Why retire when he gets paid to sit around and get high all day.

I'd imagine he could find a better, more stable job though. How much could he possibly get paid to not perform? He doesn't win anything

Stride...how much could they pay him?

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
I'd imagine TL pay him also, he's also getting sent around the world to compete, I wouldn't retire from that either.

Yoshichan

Ok... just read about Bill S.978.

What? How is this going to change Starcraft 2 streams?

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Well you cant earn profit off streams if I remember right. So those professionals will probably stop streaming unless they are truly for the fans then do it for free. Although then I dunno what happens with Jtv, if they get in trouble due to their ads on page.

Most likely, alot less video game streams unless the companies give permission.

Yoshichan

Corran Horn said:
Well you cant earn profit off streams if I remember right. So those professionals will probably stop streaming unless they are truly for the fans then do it for free. Although then I dunno what happens with Jtv, if they get in trouble due to their ads on page.

This is... just weird man.

What about Youtube? Thousands of people get money through views (note, NOT ads, just clicks or views)...

zlatko

Banned
Corran Horn said:

Wait a second. Give me a link to this bill. Destiny is fucked.

jasonng

Awesome Animals said:
Speaking of Macs, do you use boot camp and play SC on Windows or OSX?
Mac, runs better and most of my stuff is on this side of the partition. I'd probably be playing on my PC side if I didn't have my second monitor for Mumble. Not having overlay on the mac side sucks so much. I recognize most of your voices at this point though.

Corran Horn said:

Won't this fuck over alot of players that live of their fans watching them? I remember someone getting fucked over by this recently.

Edit - Yep, was destiny. But he is only fucked if this bill effects countries outside of the US unless he is US.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Yoshichan said:
This is... just weird man.

What about Youtube? Thousands of people get money through views (note, NOT ads, just clicks or views)...
Youtube is pretty strongly regulated by google on copyright material and has deals with alot of places.

Yoshichan

Corran Horn said:
Youtube is pretty strongly regulated by google on copyright material and has deals with alot of places.
Yeah... but reading this list:

International Brotherhood of Teamsters
Newspaper Association of America
National Association of Broadcasters
Motion Picture Association of America
American Intellectual Property Law Association
AT&T
Business Software Alliance
Association of American Publishers
Recording Industry Association of America
NBC Universal
American Federation of Musicians
Directors Guild of America
National Music Publishers' Association
National Collegiate Athletic Association
Graphic Artists Guild
Writers Guild of America, West
Magazine Publishers of America
Software & Information Industry Association
Entertainment Software Association
American Federation of Television and Radio Artists
Screen Actors Guild
Viacom
International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees, Moving Picture Technicians, Artists and Allied Crafts of the United States
Entertainment Merchants Association
Ultimate Fighting Championship
Independent Film and Television Alliance
National Association of Theatre Owners
Sony Pictures Entertainment
American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers
Association of Independent Music Publishers
American Photographic Artists
Broadcast Music, Inc.
CBS Corporation
Church Music Publishers Association
National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing
National Basketball Association
News America Holdings
Picture Archive Council of America
Professional Photographers of America
Professional School Photographers Association
Reed Elsevier
PPL & VPL
SESAC
Time Warner
Universal Music Group
The Walt Disney Company
U. S. Chamber of Commerce
Global Intellectual Property Center

Makes me worried...

Trickster

PhoenixDark said:
I'd imagine he could find a better, more stable job though. How much could he possibly get paid to not perform? He doesn't win anything

Stride...how much could they pay him?

Wasn't this largely in part because he didn't train all that much?

Yoshichan

PhoenixDark said:
Blizzard could simply offer licenses to people, it's not a big deal. They'd have no reason NOT to offer them
Great, that's one company settled.

What about the five billion other gaming/movie/whatever companies out there?

edit: Haha, yeah! As if Activision is gonna help people put their Black Ops-shit on Youtube.

zlatko

Banned
PhoenixDark said:
Blizzard could simply offer licenses to people, it's not a big deal. They'd have no reason NOT to offer them

Would they charge people for them? How fast will their response be? Can any Joe Shmoe be able to get the license within a week lets say?

This bill needs to be rewritten to exclude videogames.

zlatko said:
Would they charge people for them? How fast will their response be? Can any Joe Shmoe be able to get the license within a week lets say?

This bill needs to be rewritten to exclude videogames.

We'll see. Personally this seems like such an easy "win" for Blizzard without giving up anything, I can't imagine them making it hard to get a license, legally or financially

Aylinato

lol, i go make IDs and i come back and all of a sudden there is like pol-gaf discussion going on! sc2 GAF knows all

Hugoboss21 said:
fixed.

my opinion about the map
imba map
Map has been changed, can't seem to find a pic of the newest version but there are only 2 entrances to natural and there are 2xelnaga towers in the middle so you can have vision of the "many paths" or at least the 2 paths at your end.

ShallNoiseUpon said:
Instead of complaining on the internet, write your representative(s).

Also read these:

http://shoryuken.com/2011/06/29/trolling-the-stream-by-ultradavid/ -- the first article that was really posted about the bill

http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/id7pl/dear_screddit_no_need_to_overreact_to_the_s978/ - Response to the original article

Did it this morning. I actually wrote a very very long letter. lol You can find what I wrote somewhere in the comments of the originial reddit post.

Deadly

Huk encountered MC on ladder and they're like.. draw? MC says you second you leave! and Huk just leaves :lol

Dooraven

Deadly said:
Huk encountered MC on ladder and they're like.. draw? MC says you second you leave! and Huk just leaves :lol
Huk was playing on his masters account, MC on his main. Pretty much free points for MC

Edit: Don't know why he didn't leave against nada though.

BigAT

Dooraven said:
Huk was playing on his masters account, MC on his main. Pretty much free points for MC
Did Huk have to buy a second account since he couldn't find games on his first one?

Deadly

Dooraven said:
Edit: Don't know why he didn't leave against nada though.
Oh right didn't realize that. What bros :lol Probably wants to avoid PvP too

Dooraven

BigAT said:
Did Huk have to buy a second account since he couldn't find games on his first one?

Don't know, but yeah he's had some problems with matchmaking.

Edit: Every time I see huk loose in TvP it's due to some all in.

Edit Again: I swear Huk is playing bad on purpose on his stream or he is awful v zerg.

cdyhybrid

Oh snap. This has gotta be a joke right? Drop hacking your own teammate :lol

Huk's Twitter said:
LorangerChris Chris Loranger
just got dropped hacked by the real liquid haypro on eu server, wat a fucking joke get a life newb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom