• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Chinese Electric Batman said:
Is it true that iCCup was zero latency to play people in Korea?

How's that possible?

It's not possible, no. They're talking purely in terms of perception.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you

How's that possible?
Magic of internet. But ya you could play worldwide with little issues for then.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
yay! my favorite discussion :) battle.Net ''2,0'' sucks

Blizzard doesn't care about esports that much, but more importantly they don't care about the community aspects of SC2 (which inherently tie into esports). There's no excuse for the lack of clan support

I remember the latency fixer from early beta as well. I wonder if Blizzard removed it to help the foreigner community grow with online tournaments without fear of Koreans winning everything. Fixing the latency problems will do wonders for the game, and could really give a second wind to the Korean scene where if a player isn't going far in GSL code S, they aren't playing much competitively.

LAN isn't worth the risk imo. They could release a tournament edition with LAN though, which would make sense.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
everytime lan is mentioned, i Head over to singleplayer and micro/play the way it wad meant to be played... its quite ridiculous how smooth sc2 is and how much you forget about it after a couple of thousand hours online...

Zen

Banned
concern for his well being... rising.

zlatko said:
I said on his stream. He beat puzzle convincingly last night too. Good enough for me, because he is showing that even in his grand master play (although obviously not tip top play), you can do some great things with mass infestor play. Tell Nestea to adapt and build his own style similar to it, and I bet you'd see some SUPER crazy shit.

I thing Destiny is very talented and people that say he sucks are flat out crazy, but he also got his ass handed to him in game 2 when Puzzle knew what to expect.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
So my crappy Nyko from 2004 decided to die on me. Figured I should invest in a good gaming mouse this time around.

From this:
l3sxV.jpg

To this:
ITpe0l.jpg

Holden

Zen said:
concern for his well being... rising.

I thing Destiny is very talented and people that say he sucks are flat out crazy, but he also got his ass handed to him in game 2 when Puzzle knew what to expect.

He does the same build every goddamn game. Imo thats not talent, then he starts whining that feedback counter infestors. I don't see infestors being as good as they are now in a while ( When terran finnaly learn how to land an emp )

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
WedgeX said:
Well...okay.

Got to admit that EviLoreGAF does have an awesome look to it....

I can almost see boxer now, spots the shirt out of the corner of his eye, is it? no.. it cant be.. omg it's evilore, EVILORE PLEASE SIGN MY SHIRT.

boxer bows before evilore.

jasonng

Wearing a GAF shirt is basically putting a sign on your back, Evilore. How many angry people are going to be at Blizzcon mobbing you because they haven't had their account approved yet?

WedgeX

Banned
jasonng said:
Wearing a GAF shirt is basically putting a sign on your back, Evilore. How many angry people are going to be at Blizzcon mobbing you because they haven't had their account approved yet?

Well, see, thats where Team.GAF comes in. A natural posse.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
jasonng said:

Good thing I train BJJ ;b

Jeff-DSA

Forever a Gold.

I know why too, it's because I played 8 out of 10 matches in a row where they were all Zerg. I only won one of those matches. I was matched up against all Platinums and Diamonds the last few weeks and that tank job flushed it away.

Oh yeah, I lost my placement to a Zerg. Typical.

a176

Banned

How's that possible?

theres other unofficial servers located in korea that you can play on (brain, fish); most TLers play there since iccup is virtually barren now. the latency is hit and miss; i havent played there myself but from watching streams, some players you will get no perceivable lag, while others will be unplayable.

my latency to korea isn't that great, about 200-250ms.

Keikaku

Jeff-DSA said:
Forever a Gold.

I know why too, it's because I played 8 out of 10 matches in a row where they were all Zerg. I only won one of those matches. I was matched up against all Platinums and Diamonds the last few weeks and that tank job flushed it away.

Oh yeah, I lost my placement to a Zerg. Typical.

You should know why this is. I did offer multiple times to help you with your TvZ. My only reply was empty promises. Empty promises I say! >:|

Home

How's that possible?

If it's anything like WC3, Blizzard instituted a minimum latency (I believe the default in WC3 was 200 or 250 ms) to level out the pings of each player. In WC3 there was a 3rd party program we always used for dota that would allow us to lower the minimum latency and it was much more responsive and dependant on your actual latency. I'm guessing ICCUP did the same thing although I never used it so I'm not sure.

Now that I think of it I think ICCUP emulated lan over the internet and the lan mode in BW had no minimum latency.

Jeff-DSA

Well, lost to two more to Zergs. Beat a Terran in a macro game. I'm juuuuuuuust about ready to give 1v1s up. I don't know why I get such a Zerg heavy ladder experience, but I've probably seen only two Protoss players in the last week and maybe 3 Terrans. All else is Zerg. If it was just a 33/33/33 split, I could be happy with that even if I never beat a Zerg again.

mcrae

Jeff-DSA said:
Well, lost to two more to Zergs. Beat a Terran in a macro game. I'm juuuuuuuust about ready to give 1v1s up. I don't know why I get such a Zerg heavy ladder experience, but I've probably seen only two Protoss players in the last week and maybe 3 Terrans. All else is Zerg. If it was just a 33/33/33 split, I could be happy with that even if I never beat a Zerg again.

doesnt always facing zergs make your vZ game more refined and slowly increase your win rate?

My placement match was a ZvZ on Shakuras Plateau. I figured it would be too dangerous to go 15 hatch which I typically do on that map; you can't trust Zergs in placement matches. So I went 14 pool/15 gas and eventually went for Banelings. Killed a bunch of his drones with run bys, we both expanded super late and I crushed him with Roaches.

Got placed in plat (high diamond last season) : /

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Ok, I'm posting it here so that it has to happen, when I get home from work today, I will play my placement match (FYI I played so little I didn't play season 2 placements)

I Will.

I CAN DO THIS.

I will practice some 4gate games against the computer first though.

zlatko

Banned
Deadman said:
http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/OneMoreGame

Inside the game is on, Idra, Incontrol, Painuser, djWheat.

Talking about season 3 maps.

"Blizzard doesnt care about esports, ive given up on them"-- Idra.

What a dumb statement. Seriously, the game will be here for another 8 years, and there is an expansion soon enough that will shake up the game from what it is. Now is the perfect time for him to switch to T or P if he seriously thinks Z is that shitty. :/

Jeff-DSA

zlatko said:
What a dumb statement. Seriously, the game will be here for another 8 years, and there is an expansion soon enough that will shake up the game from what it is. Now is the perfect time for him to switch to T or P if he seriously thinks Z is that shitty. :/

Thing is, the maps have no effect on eSports anyway. If the maps prove to be bad, they won't be in the major tournament map pools or they'll be custom versions of the maps. Sure, they'll be on the ladder, but it's not like they'd be hurting to find practice partners if they needed to.

zlatko

Banned
Jeff-DSA said:
Thing is, the maps have no effect on eSports anyway. If the maps prove to be bad, they won't be in the major tournament map pools or they'll be custom versions of the maps. Sure, they'll be on the ladder, but it's not like they'd be hurting to find practice partners if they needed to.

Exactly. He needs to just toss in tons of infestors into his play. Zerg finally has the Collasi/Siege tank unit they wanted if microed correctly, and he still thinks the game is in a shitty place? My only gripes as a gold player are how effective cheese/all ins are and how it can be a pain in the ass to scout for it all in early game. You can't always find that damn proxy rax, you can't always get an OL into his base to spot if it's banshees/hellions, and you can't always, etc. You get past that hump, and you should win if you are the better player.

Edit: Also, someone go check out this thread:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=415573&page=384

Read the comments by Aruarian Reflection about GSL. xD

MrKnives

zlatko said:
Exactly. He needs to just toss in tons of infestors into his play. Zerg finally has the Collasi/Siege tank unit they wanted if microed correctly, and he still thinks the game is in a shitty place? My only gripes as a gold player are how effective cheese/all ins are and how it can be a pain in the ass to scout for it all in early game. You can't always find that damn proxy rax, you can't always get an OL into his base to spot if it's banshees/hellions, and you can't always, etc. You get past that hump, and you should win if you are the better player.

Edit: Also, someone go check out this thread:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=415573&page=384

Read the comments by Aruarian Reflection about GSL. xD

I think he just might have misunderstood because so many online tournaments do the cgi thing. That would be some impressive cgi work from GOM, It's totally like they are in the room!

Edit: Don't you hate it when you have a happy dream? Fuck, now I am all sad and depressed again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom