• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weird that they picked Sheth, He's a great player but the pro scene doesn't seem it's gonna suit him since he can't stay away from home for more than 2 weeks.

WedgeX

Banned
claviertekky said:
As promised in the chat, I uploaded a clip that I thought was funny from Day[9] Daily #320 as Sean tries to use a dating analogy for hellion harass.

http://youtu.be/U8HVKw9TSDE

I love this.

From now on when people ask for dating advice I will tell them not to date people they find attractive. And sell the shit out of it.

Mairu

TheThunder said:
Weird that they picked Sheth, He's a great player but the pro scene doesn't seem it's gonna suit him since he can't stay away from home for more than 2 weeks.
Considering Tyler is still on the team (yes, I get that he's sort of a mascot and he won TSL2) it's not really that weird. Tyler does absolutely nothing but MLG and Sheth will do at the very least MLG+online tournaments.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Corran Horn said:
youtube is horrible for me lately. Cant even load a fucking video...

Always go 720p, for some reason it loads faster than 480 and 360.

WedgeX

Banned
I just....how did I win this. There's no way.

I mean, I know the three things that probably won it. But....what the crap.

Mairu said:
Considering Tyler is still on the team (yes, I get that he's sort of a mascot and he won TSL2) it's not really that weird. Tyler does absolutely nothing but MLG and Sheth will do at the very least MLG+online tournaments.

Yup. Liquid doesn't have as many commitments required from players, or else Tyler would have been shitcanned awhile ago; I like him, but all he does is smugly point out every minor technical mis-step of players far better than him on SOTG, and bomb out at tournaments.

Sheth will get to do MLG and online tournaments; that seems to be all he wants to do. Or maybe the TL-ogs Korean house has the space he needs to operate, hence the decision to join.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
PhoenixDark said:
Yup. Liquid doesn't have as many commitments required from players, or else Tyler would have been shitcanned awhile ago; I like him, but all he does is smugly point out every minor technical mis-step of players far better than him on SOTG, and bomb out at tournaments.

Sheth will get to do MLG and online tournaments; that seems to be all he wants to do. Or maybe the TL-ogs Korean house has the space he needs to operate, hence the decision to join.

I doubt it, he made a big point about needing his own room and space.. those korean training house... so tinies

Jeff-DSA

Sheth is a great guy to watch on stream. He's a good addition to Team Liquid. He's also always a threat in tournaments when he does make it out, and he's kind of like a bizzaro IdrA, which is a nice foil to what EG has.

He'll do well with Team Liquid.

MrKnives

PhoenixDark said:

There isn't any reason why he couldn't. He is a very smart player and knows a lot of how the stuff works and needs be done to achieve victory.
Sadly he just never does that himself.

Liquid is kinda weird. Only HuK from there has achieved something big but at least their players are very popular, TLO, HuK, Tyler, Jinro and now Sheth.
I don't even mind that really. It works for them so be it.

But Haypro.. oh haypro. He is kinda the black sheep of the family.

Jeff-DSA

Everybody likes LiquidRet as well.

I really wish Tyler would just buckle down and find out what his potential is. If he can't become great, at least we can know it's not going to happen after he's take the game seriously for a while. If he just half hearts everything until he quits, we'll always wonder if he could have been great.

MrKnives

Jeff-DSA said:
Everybody likes LiquidRet as well.

I really wish Tyler would just buckle down and find out what his potential is. If he can't become great, at least we can know it's not going to happen after he's take the game seriously for a while. If he just half hearts everything until he quits, we'll always wonder if he could have been great.

Oh fu how did I forget him. Ret and Tyler are my favorite players from Liquid.

Pandaman said:

With these new maps I wouldn't even be surprised if they found a bug where tanks can bombard any spot in the map.

clav

WedgeX said:
I just....how did I win this. There's no way.

http://www.gamereplays.org/community/uploads/repimgs/repimg-33-223613.jpg

I mean, I know the three things that probably won it. But....what the crap.

They say Starcraft 2 is a game of seconds.

Basically, you had "Anakin, I have the high ground" method. Your opponent really wanted to kill you despite starving you to one base. He walked his ground force into a wall of tanks at those last minutes and lost everything. He also forgot to macro.

He had nothing for your marines. Granted, he could probably have played it out longer by putting tanks from his natural, but he just gave up. He had the right strategy for banshees, but you had turrets luckily.

Note: TvT is a game of air control (Vikings) and ground control (Tanks) with its support (hellions + marines + marauders).

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Oh these new maps...

Q8D3vil

Jeff-DSA said:
They're all one base all in trash. Haven't seen a single person expand yet aside from Keikaku on GAF night.
one of the biggest feature in the new maps is the tiny main base. i thought they were bad because i won't be able to build many production building in my main but i just discovered that they are awesome because 1 scan can reveal everything to me.

any mlg thread yet ?

Jeff-DSA

I keep losing to all in plays. I've gone from win streaks of 12, 11, and 9 to losing something like 13 of 17 now. I keep losing to these ridiculous all ins and it's driving me nuts. I never had issues holding them.

What's a good way to practice dealing with this? Just put the AI on Insane and work to hold that first push? I hate just feeling like I need to get to tanks quickly so I can have them to hold off the first wave, because I hate having my tech forced like that. These days it's been my only option, however.

V_Arnold

Jeff-DSA said:
They're all one base all in trash. Haven't seen a single person expand yet aside from Keikaku on GAF night.

WTF, I played like 10+ games on them, it ALWAYS went into a 2base vs 2base, sometimes 3base vs 2 or more.. :)

Striek

Jeff-DSA said:
I keep losing to all in plays. I've gone from win streaks of 12, 11, and 9 to losing something like 13 of 17 now. I keep losing to these ridiculous all ins and it's driving me nuts. I never had issues holding them.

What's a good way to practice dealing with this? Just put the AI on Insane and work to hold that first push? I hate just feeling like I need to get to tanks quickly so I can have them to hold off the first wave, because I hate having my tech forced like that. These days it's been my only option, however.
Post replays.

Jeff-DSA

Striek said:
Post replays.

You know, I haven't even watched them myself yet. But yeah, I'll pull some and upload them this weekend.

TF, I played like 10+ games on them, it ALWAYS went into a 2base vs 2base, sometimes 3base vs 2 or more.. :)

I've tried expanding, I'm just not seeing others do it.

Keikaku

Jeff-DSA said:

All ins from what race? You could just ask someone on the GAF channel to replicate it or use the YABOT map online, pick the rush for the computer to execute and practice that way.

Jeff-DSA said:

Probably the single most important aspect of being good at sport or games is the willingness to actually put in the effort to try and reach your potential.

If you're not willing to put in the effort then you were never capable of being good.

You see it in lots of sports like Marat Safin in tennis. I don't wonder about it because he was never capable of putting in the effort and was therefore never capable of being great.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
AdventureRacing said:
Probably the single most important aspect of being good at sport or games is the willingness to actually put in the effort to try and reach your potential.

If you're not willing to put in the effort then you were never capable of being good.

You see it in lots of sports like Marat Safin in tennis. I don't wonder about it because he was never capable of putting in the effort and was therefore never capable of being great.

kimi raikonnen!

I started livestreaming team games. http://www.livestream.com/pointanclickan

I'll switch to Justin.tv soon. Maybe try and get a small audience because team based games is definitely under served. Probably only going to be doing this for a short period of time because tl;dr housing, internet, work situation.

Not sure if I want to talk, I can do that I guess if there are people in the chat. I have a similar taste in music to Destiny.

edit. I should add I take regular breaks between games. I keep music rolling but yeah. Don't expect me to roll straight back into a game.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

zlatko

Banned
Yoshichan said:
i give up.

tumblr_lizhozFjNY1qcin3j.png

Yoshichan

Thanks for understanding, GAF. Zerg GAF, I'm back!

a176

Banned
zoukka said:
Isn't that possible because of the choke grid change that was made a while ago? To prevent the 2 pylon wall in.

that would be correct. working as intended. the tech lab's grid is touching the ramp's grid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom