• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

fanboi

Banned
Yoshichan said:
EyBFR.jpg

Even your picture is broken

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
fanboi said:

Even your picture is broken
... yeah. posting from shitty phone.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
I'll never understand why people who're terrible at a game get so upset about it.

V_Arnold

If that is a keyboard, yoshi is now certified crazy. Pointless trying to defend that. You are crazy as fuck. You can still live in this world, but that it is it :p

Damn i'm looking into getting a new keyboard. Next time you want to break one you could always ship it off to me :D.

Also you need to get a stress ball or something so you can bash it instead of expensive equipment.

ksan

right on! master league on eu again, what a relief
AdventureRacing said:
Damn i'm looking into getting a new keyboard. Next time you want to break one you could always ship it off to me :D.

Also you need to get a stress ball or something so you can bash it instead of expensive equipment.
just played my first ladder game with my new steelseries 6g v2, I really feel it's a good fit for starcraft, only thing that bothers me is the lack of the left windows key (might have a friend help solder the shit) and the fact that the ' button is weirdly placed with the scandinavian layout I have

Yoshichan

lol, I told you guys I've given up.

zoukka

Yoshichan said:
I destroyed my last mouse and got this amazing one I have right now.
Same goes with my previous keyboard, now I'm rocking mechanical.

I'm so sorry Yoshi, but I just had to :b

You need to solve some anger management issues btw.

joelseph

Corran Horn said:
youtube is horrible for me lately. Cant even load a fucking video...

It has been fucked for the last week for me too. Shit loads super slow and even after it has a good buffer it still stutters into that fucking loading circle. Makes me rage.

Holden

Chinese Electric Batman said:
Actually sometimes for me it's F10 + N and sometimes it's F10 + Q.

Dunno whats up.

it used to been f10+n for ladder and f10+q for custom, but now its f10+q for both

Jeff-DSA

Chinese Electric Batman said:
Actually sometimes for me it's F10 + N and sometimes it's F10 + Q.

Dunno whats up.

Yeah, I get both too.

Ghosts can be dealt with fine as a Zerg. I don't think they're anywhere near as scary as HTs since the EMP doesn't do any damage and you don't have forcefields to ensure that the EMPs hit anyway. Also, snipe takes quite a bit of micro to pull off well, and you're not going to be using EMPs if you're sniping.

Holden

Jeff-DSA said:
Yeah, I get both too.

Ghosts can be dealt with fine as a Zerg. I don't think they're anywhere near as scary as HTs since the EMP doesn't do any damage and you don't have forcefields to ensure that the EMPs hit anyway. Also, snipe takes quite a bit of micro to pull off well, and you're not going to be using EMPs if you're sniping.

what?

I'm pretty sure you can vary between the hotkey E and R...?

Jeff-DSA

Hugoboss21 said:
what?

I'm pretty sure you can vary between the hotkey E and R...?

You also have to keep them at the right distances because they die easily. They're a lot like HTs and Infestors that way. Attacking isn't a problem, but keeping them alive is the challenge. They can't just burrow or morph into Archons if they get out of energy or a little too close to the engagement.

Oh, you meant about not using both skills. It's more an energy thing. If your engagement is against a Protoss, EMPs are going to take priority over Snipe for sure. Against a Zerg it depends on composition, but nothing is more important than making sure those Infestors can't just fungal your ball for instant death.

Holden

Jeff-DSA said:
You also have to keep them at the right distances because they die easily. They're a lot like HTs and Infestors that way. Attacking isn't a problem, but keeping them alive is the challenge. They can't just burrow or morph into Archons if they get out of energy or a little too close to the engagement.

Ghost's have the biggest cast range. And us protoss and zerg manage to put our casters in the back, it's your fault.

Jeff-DSA

Hugoboss21 said:
Ghost's have the biggest cast range. And us protoss and zerg manage to put our casters in the back, it's your fault.

I love Ghosts, I use 'em in both matchups, but they're not anything that tough to deal with for other races.

Jeff-DSA

Hugoboss21 said:
for toss ya, but i think they kinda are a problem for zerg.

Well let's be honest, they're far more dangerous against Protoss anyway. They effectively make it so Protoss engages with half health and no energy. EMPs basically start easy mode for Terran against Protoss.

ksan

Jeff-DSA said:
I love Ghosts, I use 'em in both matchups, but they're not anything that tough to deal with for other races.
Combined with siege tanks and other shit it's pretty hard to deal with, you just have to go for a super long game :/

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Jeff-DSA said:
zerg has no reliable way to eliminate enemy casters. :<

thats why infestors are so strong, they cant neutralize an enemy like a feedback or emp can, so they have to be strong to overcome that disadvantage.

Jeff-DSA

Pandaman said:
zerg has no reliable way to eliminate enemy casters. :<

thats why infestors are so strong, they cant neutralize an enemy like a feedback or emp can, so they have to be strong to overcome that disadvantage.

Well, if we're talking about that, I'd rather lose my caster than my whole bio ball or mineral line in a matter of a couple of seconds. Infestors are fine being as strong as they are, I just wish that Fungal didn't root. I've never had issues with the damage they deal, the fact that they can burrow, or neural parasite.

Jeff-DSA

Accidentus said:
I think infestors would be fine if fungal didn't also act as detection.

I kinda like that though. It's a pretty sweet play when you see them down some DTs or Ghosts with it. It's ballsy to get that close.

Holden

if infestors didn't show dectected units with fungal, dts would be relly strong vs ling/infestor play.

I played a couple games with panda, and that's how he kills my dts.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Jeff-DSA said:
Well, if we're talking about that, I'd rather lose my caster than my whole bio ball or mineral line in a matter of a couple of seconds. Infestors are fine being as strong as they are, I just wish that Fungal didn't root. I've never had issues with the damage they deal, the fact that they can burrow, or neural parasite.
you know.
nothing stopping you from loading 4 ghosts into a medivac and murdering a whole mineral line with snipe.

well, nothing but the 2-3 other equally efficient and much cheaper drop options you have that can also murder tech structures and mineral lines.

joelseph

Accidentus said:
I think infestors would be fine if fungal didn't also act as detection.

Yeah us zerg have so many great detection abilities, defending against banshees and dts is so simple. I say we remove fungals detection and probably the overseer for good measure.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
joelseph said:
Yeah us zerg have so many great detection abilities, defending against banshees and dts is so simple. I say we remove fungals detection and probably the overseer for good measure.
spore detection should probably have a cooldown too. you have to select the colony, toggle detection and it'll turn on for half the time of a scan.

Jeff-DSA

Pandaman said:
you know.
nothing stopping you from loading 4 ghosts into a medivac and murdering a whole mineral line with snipe.

well, nothing but the 2-3 other equally efficient and much cheaper drop options you have that can also murder tech structures and mineral lines.

It's not that hard to shut down drops. Once Mutas are out they lose their effectiveness. Every drop becomes a one-way trip at best, if they even make it to the drop location in the first place. They're awesome early on, but as the match progresses they become less dangerous.

V_Arnold

Pandaman said:
spore detection should probably have a cooldown too. you have to select the colony, toggle detection and it'll turn on for half the time of a scan.

Good idea, let us hope Blizz implements this change in the upcoming expansion, to make zerg gameplay a bit more fun and more about reactions!

Jeff-DSA said:
It's not that hard to shut down drops. Once Mutas are out they lose their effectiveness. Every drop becomes a one-way trip at best, if they even make it to the drop location in the first place. They're awesome early on, but as the match progresses they become less dangerous.

This is a bad line of thinking. If he rallies mutas for catching your supposedly coming dropships, he is not harassing with them. If he knows you are afraid, he just comes and harasses you instead. You HAVE to keep his attention on drops even if you should not "dare" dropping. There were drops with BW's scourge, for god's sake.

Holden

Pandaman said:
you know.

why snipe? they allrdy do 20dmg per shot :[

Holden

Jeff-DSA said:

In BW drops were even easier to stop (w/ scourges) and most players STILL MANAGE to drop (I'm pretty sure as a terran in BW you had to drop or you would lose) so please dont complain not being able to drop.

edit: oops double post ;/

Holden

ultron87 said:
It must be so hard for all you Zergs and Terrans to have easily accessible detection from your primary tech path.

YA! Fuck you zerg and terran! =D atleast we dont have to build a tech building to make them (BW)

Jeff-DSA

ultron87 said:
It must be so hard for all you Zergs and Terrans to have easily accessible detection from your primary tech path.

Well, you know, when you're dealing with PERMANENTLY CLOAKED units, you kinda need them.

Jeff-DSA

Zen said:
Oh wow, the NA server is easy town right now. I've completely rolled over all of my oponents so far.

That's funny, I'm not even playing right now.

Also, to the easy detection tech, I'd trade it for a cloaked detector. Observers are so freaking awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom