• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

koji

jasonng said:
As many as you know we hit the anniversary of Starcraft 2 as the game launched this time last summer. That's right, we've been playing for over a year now.

Has it been a year? Me and my mates started playing again last week after 4 months or something. It's just crazy compared to other games last couple years how this manages to stick...

Rubashov

Nooo, not the age comparison again. I'm not sure if anyone beat me last time.

I landed in Diamond this season. Feels good man. But now I have to raise my expectations. No more excuses for losing. Master or bust.

Staab

I've been high diamond all through first season, totally skipped S2 and now I'm still in diamond but I'm totally getting my ass handed to me...
Gonna need some practice partners on EU :p

V_Arnold

Staab said:
I've been high diamond all through first season, totally skipped S2 and now I'm still in diamond but I'm totally getting my ass handed to me...
Gonna need some practice partners on EU :p

I was diamond in S1, fell to Plat S2, and sucking currently in S3, Gold represent :D But with terran, and it is currently 8-3 in S3 : ) Gimme an Id in Pm, and I'll add you.

Birdman02

Jeff-DSA said:
Hi guys, I'm 30 years old. Should I be out shopping for Depends and looking for softer food rather than playing StarCraft 2?

I can come with you on those shopping trips next Friday. Should I be scared of 30?

Jeff-DSA

Birdman02 said:
I can come with you on those shopping trips next Friday. Should I be scared of 30?

It freaked some of my friends out, but honestly the day I turned 30 felt just like any other day. I think 40 is the when you should probably start feeling old. 30 just isn't that bad.

What it does mean, however, is that I have a lot more going on with work and home stuff that I don't get to play games nearly as much as I used to. I still love them, but I typically have to save them for later at night when my kid is in bed.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Well age doesn't matter, I'm smarter than all of you in here.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Awesome Animals said:
Oh? Does Rage = Intelligence now?
I rage intelligently.

Yoshichan

Hugoboss21 said:
link?

Ya, break keyboards then buy an expensive mechanical one. I don't find that smart
I call that excellent decision making.

I destroyed my last mouse and got this amazing one I have right now.
Same goes with my previous keyboard, now I'm rocking mechanical.
I threw my CRT out of my window and brought this ridiculous 24" LCD.
I went from Icemat (which I threw down on the floor, breaking it) and ended up with amazing steelseries mat.
Bought my table, ended up being disappointed, destroyed it, got a new one and I'm very happy with it.
Same with my chair, except I broke it on purpose.

Holden

Yoshichan said:

I went from Icemat (which I threw down on the floor, breaking it) and ended up with amazing steelseries mat.
Bought my table, ended up being disappointed, destroyed it, got a new one and I'm very happy with it.

Yup, those are definitely signs of intelligence.

Keikaku

Yoshichan said:

It's so cool to break something that works and have to replace it with something else for that same purpose. Wait a minute . . .

Also, there is no such thing as raging intelligently. There is no situation where throwing a CRT monitor through a window because you're raging is a good choice. Just . . . wow . . .

EDIT: Goddamn, you added 2 more while I was typing. Get help man (or keep getting it if you already are)-this isn't normal.

Yoshichan

Well that is how I do it.

To each is own, I guess? I'm rewarded for raging (I don't rage on my new equipment).

Jeff-DSA

Age to rage discussion.

I'm the least rage prone person alive. I might get frustrated from time to time, but I can count on one hand the number of people that have actually seen me mad.

Sliver

Breaking items over a videogame is pretty childish no matter how you look at it. If you can afford it, and it benefits you (I guess?) more power to you.

I broke one mouse, roughly 3-4 years ago, realizing I needed to buy a new one to replace it I grew up pretty quickly.

ultron87

Sometimes after a Starcraft game I really fuck up I'll slam my desk with my fist.

I flung a 360 controller across the room once because the second to last boss in Devil May Cry 4 is horseshit.

That's about the extent of it for me.

clav

I rage in Halo games because some people are really dumb in terms of decision making. I don't know why people consistently run in a room filled with opponents armed with power weapons with just an assault rifle and do not crouch walk.

I threw my Xbox 360 controller across the room post game quite a number of times because some people just don't deserve to play team games.

As for Starcraft when I'm on a losing streak for 1v1s, I just go outside and take a walk. Other times, I pound it out with push ups, crunches, and squats.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
CyberTiger for the ps1 almost destroyed a PlayStation controller for me, other than that I have never broke something.

dmc4 was easy....compared to 3.

ultron87

Corran Horn said:
dmc4 was easy....compared to 3.

Yeah, it was. It's just that the first boss when you get to be Nero again at the end of the game requires you to use your devil arm thing at a very specific point. And you've been Dante for forever so I kind of forgot that the arm thing existed.

Multiple attempts later I was extremely pissed at the seemingly undodgeable attack it was using.

Yoshichan

Meh, I don't even care. GAF will be GAF, some of you guys should know better.

(also, LOL @ someone calling me a "bragger" for destroying and replacing stuff, the fuck you smoking friend?)

Jeff-DSA

zoukka said:
Just didn't know you could be placed after the first match.

Well, you were already "placed" from previous seasons. The single match you play just puts you in a division. If you go up or down at the start of a new season, it's something that would have happened based on your play during the ladder lock anyway. That single match doesn't move you up or down.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
jasonng said:
I suddenly don't feel so old anymore. I'm 25.

I'm 20, you're getting on in years OLD MAN.

<3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom