• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrKnives

Yea, TvT is horrible

0EaJ3.gif

Q8D3vil

MrKnives said:
Yea, TvT is horrible

0EaJ3.gif
i thought we are talking about playing the matchup.
everyone hate playing mirrors, tvt is so fucking dumb because right now everyone is either going banshee or blue flame and its impossible to prepare for both or scout it.
its dumb as fuck matchup early game.

fanboi

Banned
Q8D3vil said:
i thought we are talking about playing the matchup.
everyone hate playing mirrors, tvt is so fucking dumb because right now everyone is either going banshee or blue flame and its impossible to prepare for both or scout it.
its dumb as fuck matchup early game.

Well, that might be true.

But zvz is dumb as fuck in early, mid and late game.

:p

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Hugoboss21 said:
idra started with 1k then at 3k gomtv went down by 2-3k.

and btw corran, stop hating french fries
gomtv still at same as before...maybe your surrender first eyes need to be checked.

Jeff-DSA

So who plays on a laptop? I'm considering getting a new laptop, and if I do I might as well get something capable of gaming on it (at least for StarCraft 2 anyway). If you use one, how do you like it? Any significant things to consider?

MrKnives

I'll be honest here. I random more than I should and TvT is just the best mirror there is.

In PvP you die quite easily even if you have few less units than your opponent. 4gate is still strong as hell etc. It's getting better though.

ZvZ you just do choose your poison (blings or roaches) and go with them. You're trying to be smart and make few drones mixed with few roaches and then your overlord spots 60 lings coming to your base at the speed of light.

Granted TvT can be a pain too but in there I just like that I can expand quickly and safely. Even if he has a bigger force, with a good siege tank position you can still hold it easily.
It does get annoying if it becomes a viking war but even then you can still make thors/pdd etc to help you out.
It's just a slower matchup where you have more time to think and usually player who is better will win.

Edit: Is Superstar the crazy guy with a cape?

Holden

fanboi said:
Sad but true

:|

not sad at all, they train alot. i bet most europe players we know of only practice 2-3 hours a day

nilbog21 said:
noone gives a shit about 2 locked up kors who play sc2 for 12 hours a day ;[

You don't, apparently 10k ppl do

edit: sad that hero didn't make it, he had the best forcefields i've ever seen o_O

Jeff-DSA

This is like the 4th or 5th ZvZ in a row on IdrA's stream. I'm seeing a crazy high number of Zergs in the ladder too. Why so many these days? Some dude on Reddit (I think it was Reddit) was saying that Zerg players play quite a bit more games in proportion to Protoss and Terran, but I can't remember if his numbers backed it up well or not.

Edit: And why hasn't a mod put this under Yoshi's "Rage Apologist" tag?
(╯°□°) ╯︵ ┻━┻

fanboi

Banned
Jeff-DSA said:
This is like the 4th or 5th ZvZ in a row on IdrA's stream. I'm seeing a crazy high number of Zergs in the ladder too. Why so many these days? Some dude on Reddit (I think it was Reddit) was saying that Zerg players play quite a bit more games in proportion to Protoss and Terran, but I can't remember if his numbers backed it up well or not.

Well, we need to play more so we are 20% better then the T or P in our level.

QQ

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Jeff-DSA said:

(╯°□°) ╯︵ ┻━┻
They learned that making infestors wins the game. Zerg is easy now!

I still mostly just get pvps

Q8D3vil

Granted TvT can be a pain too but in there I just like that I can expand quickly and safely. Even if he has a bigger force, with a good siege tank position you can still hold it easily.
It does get annoying if it becomes a viking war but even then you can still make thors/pdd etc to help you out.
It's just a slower matchup where you have more time to think and usually player who is better will win.
which is another problem because you don't fucking want to lose 1 hour game and neither does your opponent, soyou both begin turtling (siege tanks + missle turrets everywhere so drop is not even an option).
its turn into air war with bc's and dumb stuff.
but the main reason why it is a dumb dumb matchup because of the huge defendor advantage even if you have like 30 supply lead you can't attack into your turtled as fuck opponent.

MrKnives

The only bad thing I have ever thought about TvT when playing it, is that I don't want every game to be ~1h but I guess you can fix what with some cheese etc. I did love when it went bc's though. I'd rather play one 1h game with bc's than 10 10min zvz's which consist of bling busts/roach all-ins

Jeff-DSA

fanboi said:
bcs are dumb as fuck!?!?

Now you are trolling :p

They're basically a "I BET YOU DIDN'T KNOW I HAD THESE!" unit. Few things will make you crap your pants and run like a few BCs rolling in, however.

fanboi

Banned
Jeff-DSA said:
They're basically a "I BET YOU DIDN'T KNOW I HAD THESE!" unit. Few things will make you crap your pants and run like a few BCs rolling in, however.

Yeah and make this face:

14-me-gusta.png

ZvZ gets really fucking good once you learn to hold all the retarded allins people try to do.

As for not being able to prepare for both blue flame drop or Banshees... Welcome to the world of Zerg :)

Q8D3vil

fanboi said:
bcs are dumb as fuck!?!?

Now you are trolling :p
you play zerg, you don't know how painful it is to play 1 hour game just trying to find holes in your opponent defense system then be surprised with 10 bc's.
not every tvt is like that but thats how retarded tvt can be.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Jeff-DSA said:
(╯°□°) ╯︵ ┻━┻
I'm at work... can't read it ._. (every word is a square), is it Korean?

Q8D3vil

mescalineeyes said:
ZvZ gets really fucking good once you learn to hold all the retarded allins people try to do.

As for not being able to prepare for both blue flame drop or Banshees... Welcome to the world of Zerg :)
except it easier for zerg to hold bf because of how fast lings are.
trying catching hellion with marines or tank.

fanboi

Banned
mescalineeyes said:

Well, I still think end game is stupid... in most cases.

well if T comes with 4 BFH, you need so many lings that you have to cutback on drones that you will in almost every case be behind eco wise... even if he dont kill a drone.

not to talk how he can contain you to 2 base while taking 2nd quick or even third, and force you to maybe build roaches to repel if he goes mass BFH

EDIT: I'm not saying its unbeatable, the terran player need to have good micro while macroing, its just a very strong build. Example a player did it to me yesterday, killed 21 drones, and he lost since he couldn't follow it up.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wait, are we talking about blue flame with or without drops?

A couple of well placed spinecrawlers and a a queen at the ramp shouldn't be too hard... and if there's drops inc, it's easily scouted (no tanks/no add on starport or reactor starport) and you can easily deny it.

MrKnives

Q8D3vil said:
trying catching hellion with marines or tank.

Yeah, send lings against blue flame hellions, marvelous idea. It only takes like 100 lings to kill 4 bfh that are sitting behind the mineral line.

MrKnives

Q8D3vil said:
simcity bro, simcity.

So what stops you to do a simcity in your base so you don't have chase them with tanks and marines?
That's a lot of simcitying though if you want to prepare against bfh drops too. They are getting quite popular after MLG.
If only overlords would block paths ^^

fanboi

Banned
mescalineeyes said:
that's actually a very reasonable point in my opinion

Yes, but then his argument falls flat since its 10x easier to simcity as T then as Z.

But yes, its a good point.

Q8D3vil

MrKnives said:
So what stops you to do a simcity in your base so you don't have chase them with tanks and marines?
That's a lot of simcitying though if you want to prepare against bfh drops too. They are getting quite popular after MLG.
If only overlords would block paths ^^
i do a basic simcity with supply depot (after walling of my ramp so the first 2 depot and rax will be to wall of the ramp) so after that i put the next 2 or 3 depot behind the mineral line, putting building behind the mineral is not good since it can work against you if your opponent went banshee.

MrKnives

Q8D3vil said:
i do a basic simcity with supply depot (after walling of my ramp so the first 2 depot and rax will be to wall of the ramp) so after that i put the next 2 or 3 depot behind the mineral line, putting building behind the mineral is not good since it can work against you if your opponent went banshee.

It's also kinda true that if you do a great simcity around your minerals it can backfire badly if terran decides to do drops later.
fanboi can testify to that.

IdrA went offline?

fanboi

Banned
MrKnives said:
It's also kinda true that if you do a great simcity around your minerals it can backfire badly if terran decides to do drops later.
fanboi can testify to that.

IdrA went offline?

Didnt need that spire anyway!

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Q8D3vil said:
if only zerg had some sort of small, fairly disposable building that could sink into the ground and not interupt pathing when you need it too.

Q8D3vil

Pandaman said:
if only zerg had some sort of small, fairly disposable building that could sink into the ground and not interupt pathing when you need it too.
if only terran have flying supply depot that can see everything coming.

its becoming a dumb argument now.
lets just stop here.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Q8D3vil said:
You mean like a Barracks? Also don't need a building when you can just Scan.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Q8D3vil said:

its becoming a dumb argument now.
lets just stop here.
this is what terrans actually believe.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Ikuu said:
You mean like a Barracks? Also don't need a building when you can just Scan.
its not fair t has to spend 50 extra minerals for armour, x4 the health x2 the speed against a race with no mobile antiair to attack it anyway.

Facing terran on the ladder has got me close to just giving up on SC2 for a while.

First game i face a proxy 2 port banshee. After killing 6 banshees i am thinking maybe there will be some reprieve only to be met by a push with siege tanks (with siege mode), marines and hellions.

Second game the terran rushes me with a handful of marines and hellions with about 10-12 scv's. After managing to hold it off within a few minutes i am greeted by 3 cloaked banshees.

Was it possible for me to win the games? Sure, i know i made mistakes. I can put up with facing cheese, it's always going to be on the ladder. My problem is that they don't get punished enough for trying to cheese and are able to come back with 2 or 3 more waves of the bullshit.

The worst part is you rarely get to practice against it. There are so many different cheeses/all ins that lots of them i've only faced once or twice if at all.

Edit: Before anyone says it i'm not claiming imbalance, as i know there are plenty of zergs doing fine in this matchup.

MrKnives

AdventureRacing said:
Facing terran on the ladder has got me close to just giving up on SC2 for a while.

First game i face a proxy 2 port banshee. After killing 6 banshees i am thinking maybe there will be some reprieve only to be met by a push with siege tanks (with siege mode), marines and hellions.

Second game the terran rushes me with a handful of marines and hellions with about 10-12 scv's. After managing to hold it off within a few minutes i am greeted by 3 cloaked banshees.

Was it possible for me to win the games? Sure, i know i made mistakes. I can put up with facing cheese, it's always going to be on the ladder. My problem is that they don't get punished enough for trying to cheese and are able to come back with 2 or 3 more waves of the bullshit.

The worst part is you rarely get to practice against it. There are so many different cheeses/all ins that lots of them i've only faced once or twice if at all.

Edit: Before anyone says it i'm not claiming imbalance, as i know there are plenty of zergs doing fine in this matchup.

Post the replays and I'm sure we could help you.

MrKnives said:
Post the replays and I'm sure we could help you.

I might later. I know exactly where i'm going wrong, and that's a big part of my frustration. I think my biggest issue by far is letting myself get supply capped and only realising when i see the terran army moving out.

I guess i should just keep practising.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom