• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haunted

Yoshichan is so bad at trash-talking, I don't want him representing us Terrans.

Not that we'd need to, anyway. Just mention any Terran unit and the wailing will start.

Marine? imba
Reaper? imba
Hellions? super imba
Tanks?imba imba

etc etc

:p

Awesome Animals said:
Assuming it is, I guess the iNcontroL mass hate will end.
Not as long as he gets a seeded spot at MLG.

He's going to stay in the Top 16 for the remainder of the year at the rate people who will not return are gathering the big points. One fourth place is enough to offset getting destroyed in subsequent tournaments with this shitty system.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
jasonng said:
The problem with going for an off-road build is that it completely relies on the terran to go for a hellion build. If a terran plays the way it was before SlayerS broke zvt then your whole shtick becomes moot. That is, if you know something I don't know about.
i only do it if i scout gas.

what are they going to do, build a marauder vs zerg?

zoukka

I fast roached against most Terrans anyway even before the hellions. 2 rax so popular. You don't really need lingspeed so early on when it's guaranteed, Terran turtles or goes hellions.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Haunted said:
Yoshichan is so bad at trash-talking, I don't want him representing us Terrans. .
Us terrans? US terrans?

IIRC, I'm the only true dedicated terran in here. I talk about stutter stepping marines every day on my social life. I despise other alien races. I've switched my T-stim-button to an orange button cuz that shit is all I need. I spent half my time talking about splitting marines on my job interview (and I got the job).

Now that I've explained that, don't come here telling me I don't represent terran. Sit the hell down, boyo.

Haunted

Yoshichan said:
Us terrans? US terrans?

IIRC, I'm the only true dedicated terran in here. I talk about stutter stepping marines every day on my social life. I complain about ugly ass alien races. I've switched my T-stim-button to an orange button cuz that shit is all I need. I spent half my time talking about splitting marines on my job interview (and I got the job).

Now that I've explained that, don't come here telling me I don't represent terran. Sit the hell down, boyo.
Your keyboard wants you to chill out.

I can't talk representatives anyway, my favourite pros are Hasu and White-Ra. >_>

Trump's the best semi-pro though!

ksan

Early roach aggression is actually pretty good against T going hellions it seems, you can delay his expo quite a bit. The problem is that the player I played against was so stupid that he didn't know what to do after that and I was unable to read him and we ended up with a 45 min game, which I won of course.

S3 average game length must be over 40 mins for me :/

MrKnives

ksan said:
Early roach aggression is actually pretty good against T going hellions it seems, you can delay his expo quite a bit. The problem is that the player I played against was so stupid that he didn't know what to do after that and I was unable to read him and we ended up with a 45 min game, which I won of course.

S3 average game length must be over 40 mins for me :/

Why try to read him. Didnt you hear, infestor broodlord is the new shit.

I love it when I'm so ahead I can go Dimaga's style and mainly do infestors and put like 5 spines in every base. I dare you to drop there.

ksan

MrKnives said:
Why try to read him. Didnt you hear, infestor broodlord is the new shit.

I love it when I'm so ahead I can go Dimaga's style and mainly do infestors and put like 5 spines in every base. I dare you to drop there.
I thought he was going to all in because he delayed his expo so much, so I didn't take a third, wanted to be on the safe side :/

zoukka

Haunted said:
I can't talk representatives anyway, my favourite pros are Hasu and White-Ra. >_>

I just watched a mezmerising matchup where Hasu tried to win against MMM without forcefields.

It wasn't pretty.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
jasonng said:
So that means he can go one strat out of an infinite pool of terran strats?
*shrug*
what matters is he isnt building more rax, it hits before seige or banshee and its autowin vs hellion.

maybe t's in gold league still do the 1 gas 2rax expo or MMM, but most of the T's i play dont do intentionally bad builds in the off chance im metagaming them in a very specific and relatively unpopular way.

V_Arnold

Pandaman said:
maybe t's in gold league still do the 1 gas 2rax expo or MMM, but most of the T's i play dont do intentionally bad builds in the off chance im metagaming them in a very specific and relatively unpopular way.

Wow, you just described how I expand in TVZ, and I am gold! :D
(
I know, I know. No gas, one rax, exp, 2 more rax while exp is building, then gas+tech... is the proper way.
)

cdyhybrid

Pandaman said:
*shrug*
what matters is he isnt building more rax, it hits before seige or banshee and its autowin vs hellion.

What kind of early roach rush? Like a 7RR? Or a +1 timing or something?

MrKnives

cdyhybrid said:
What kind of early roach rush? Like a 7RR? Or a +1 timing or something?

I would assume something closer to 7rr if you want to get there before banshees or siege :eek:

Edit: It doesnt have to be anything as radical as 7rr though. You can do it with a good eco

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
no, you open 15 hatch.

its pointless if your build requires a commitment before you would viably be able to scout gas vs 2rax and you'll want the 15hatch incase he's 2raxxing.

MrKnives

Pandaman said:
no, you open 15 hatch.

its pointless if your build requires a commitment before you would viably be able to scout gas vs 2rax and you'll want the 15hatch incase he's 2raxxing.

That's excactly what I do on Xelnaga. It's great.

jasonng

Pandaman said:
*shrug*

I'm in plat and the terrans I'm playing aren't building hellions for the sake of it. They know that it's a great transition into mech play which was scary to Zerg before MLG.

I'm willing to learn this build you speak of but I doubt the success because what you're talking about is still a timing push. Maybe I'll get into a more detail rant about BFHs later. I do have to upload a replay for wedge and dizzy on how this terran masterfully schooled me with mech play.

BigAT

I'm pretty sure my ladder play is going something like this right now:

ZvT: 90% loss rate
ZvZ: 50/50
ZvP: 90% win rate

Holden

BigAT said:
I'm pretty sure my ladder play is going something like this right now:

ZvT: 90% loss rate
ZvZ: 50/50
ZvP: 90% win rate

PvT: 60% lose rate
PvZ: 90% lose rate
PvP: 60% winrate

guntoface.jpg

edit: oh and 90% cheese

Jeff-DSA

Why are people acting like Hellions became such an issue after MLG? It's been a standard Zerg harass opening for a long, long time. Before MLG I was making it my standard open if Zerg didn't go Roaches.

Like it matters, all you see in the ladder is Zerg anyway...

And if we're talking win rates, it probably is like this for me:

TvZ - 10% win rate
TvT - 70% win rate
TvP - 90% win rate

Ghosts make Protoss easy mode, Terran is a tossup, but I generally win that because I harass better, and I get curb stomped by Zergs.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
jasonng said:
I'm in plat and the terrans I'm playing aren't building hellions for the sake of it. They know that it's a great transition into mech play which was scary to Zerg before MLG.

I'm willing to learn this build you speak of but I doubt the success because what you're talking about is still a timing push. Maybe I'll get into a more detail rant about BFHs later. I do have to upload a replay for wedge and dizzy on how this terran masterfully schooled me with mech play.
here's the thing, it can utterly destroy certain builds but that doesn't make winning immediately its goal. the strength of the build is that hellions are no longer a good transition into anything. if you build hellions vs this build, you run the risk of dying for a slight chance of doing damage if the roaches are afk.

hellion into mech works because the hellions can move around and deny map vision while also focusing pressure on the zerg so that his time and money is spent securing himself and not pressuring the expansion that is coming behind the hellions.

with the roach build, you show up when the hellion count is 2-4, depending on the map. you push these hellions back into the terrans base and then you either push in if he was greedy or sit in the natural if he played safe. you then have time while he gets siege and slowly tries to push you out of the natural to freely drone and expand because you know you're safe vs hellions.

if he went banshee, you just bust the techlab on the starport to reset the cloak research time and then you're safe again because his first banshee will have to clear away your roaches.

Yoshichan

TVT: 50%
TVZ: 50%
TVP: 60%

jasonng

Jeff-DSA said:
Why are people acting like Hellions became such an issue after MLG? It's been a standard Zerg harass opening for a long, long time. Before MLG I was making it my standard open if Zerg didn't go Roaches.
It was just standard to do initial harass with hellions, not it being part of your main army. Only really good terrans know it was smart to incorporate it into their army composition. I've always said Mech tech is very VERY good against Zerg. It just took the MLG for terrans to finally go "ooooooooooooh, okay I get it now."

Edit: Plus, Blizzard finally made the hotkey picture into blue flame.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Jeff-DSA said:

TvZ - 10% win rate
TvT - 70% win rate
TvP - 90% win rate

Ghosts make Protoss easy mode, Terran is a tossup, but I generally win that because I harass better, and I get curb stomped by Zergs.
Wall off counter attack paths with rax yo. Build turrets when you push.
V_Arnold said:
For me...

TVT: 95% winrate easily (ladder)
TVZ: 20 % at best
TVP: 50-55%
95%? The hell do you do.

Fuck !!

My bent account got hacked and switched my password. Same thing happened to my WoW account ~ 4 years ago on my old PC.

Installed a free anti virus software and scanned my machine and restored my account, hopefully that's the end of it.

Funny thing that both this and the account hack 4 years ago were only on my blizzard games, my emalis, steam... etc are all fine.

Yoshichan

Hazaro said:
95%? The hell do you do.
Would love to know this too.

Jeff-DSA

Hazaro said:
Wall off counter attack paths with rax yo. Build turrets when you push.

Turrets are a standard against Zerg for me, even before I push. I just get rolled in engagements. I try to make Ghosts. I try to make Thors and tanks. I can't handle the Muta/Ling/Bling or the Infestor/Anything combo well. It's slowly getting better, but it's a VERY slow learning curve.

Deadman

This is based off the end of last season, havnt done much this season

PvP 100%
PvZ 80%
PvT 50%

I 4 gate and 2 base blink real good. Still working on openings for pvt.

Birdman02

My win rates are something like..

PvT - 80% win rate
PvP - 60% win rate
PvZ - 20% win rate

Unless I'm playin against GAF....then I can't do anything right. :(

V_Arnold

Yoshichan said:
Would love to know this too.

I just
1) Try to stay alive if I scout some nasty thing
2) Try to be agressive early-game if I see them having like...less rax than me or 2 gas when I am about to decide to tech or exp or go for a push

After this, no matter where I stand, I exp as soon as possible.

Then, immediately I set my goal to this:
1) Have siege tanks
2) Have a starport ready to pump out Vikings.

At this point, 95% of my opponents are either a bit behind thanks to me being agressive early or defending their shit successfully, so they WILL have less Vikings.

Then I show up in their doorstep with the contain, with an increasing amount of Sieges and Vikings, with a 3rd being made, and some security measuers against drops (the only thing that can help them in a situation like that).

I would love to get out of this gold mess where people in TVT think they can get away in midgame without having the siege/viking-producing architecture set up.

ksan

Jeff-DSA said:

TvZ - 10% win rate
TvT - 70% win rate
TvP - 90% win rate

The reactor hellion -> blue flame wasn't really standard before. (or dual factory~)
Sure, reactor hellion expand was pretty common, or just blue flame straight away, both of those easier to deal with.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Corran Horn said:
screw you panda! at work we have this big endcap of my little pony stuff right across from where I work....
RI2hQ.jpg

Yoshichan

That's actually quite cute.

What the fuck did I just say?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom