• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonng

Giving myself a mindblock, now I can't win against terran at all. Yoshi, you have a spare keyboard I can smash and cry on?

Dooraven

I'm glad that protoss is rediscovering how their race works. 6 gate used to be an all in move but creative protosses like Kiwi have basically thrown that book out the window and basically said "screw the rules" and managed to create innovative and excellent new strats.

Now, time to see what MC has cooking up his sleeve.

WedgeX

Banned
jasonng said:
Giving myself a mindblock, now I can't win against terran at all. Yoshi, you have a spare keyboard I can smash and cry on?

Sorry jasonng :(

We can play again. You just need to destroy the blue flames with roach infestor!

Dooraven said:
I'm glad that protoss is rediscovering how their race works. 6 gate used to be an all in move but creative protosses like Kiwi have basically thrown that book out the window and basically said "screw the rules" and managed to create innovative and excellent new strats.

Now, time to see what MC has cooking up his sleeve.
I believe his build order is something like:

talk shit into lose to Hongun

jasonng said:

I'm no zerg of course, but you should try playing more reactive. See if that works. Constantly poke your opponent to see their army composition, send an ovie with speed over their base, keep the towers to see if they're coming..

The few times I played Panda (& lost of course), he didn't really macro like crazy or micro like crazy. He just constantly checked what I was up to, so he had the right response. Three rax pressure? Make stuff & put spines down. Terran teching up? Take preventative measures & drone up.

Also, look into
* baneling busts (seriously why does no zerg gaffer do baneling busts? esp. vs opponents that tech up)
* overlord drops
* baneling bombs
* nyuds canal

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Corran Horn said:
Wait Day9 splits all of his vods into 3 parts now?

ugh...

He lost his passion etc. etc.

The man has student loans to pay and he does alot for the scene so I don't mind watching a couple more ads for Sean.

Edit: FnaticFenix interview starting now.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
claviertekky said:
:lol

The ads are like 15 to 30 seconds long.

C'mon son. In a way, it's great since he's not asking for money.
Its how I watch the dailies. I watch them on blip.tv while laying in bed. I dont want to constantly have to get up etc when they are split into 3 parts.

I would rather donate money :/

Corran Horn

TheThunder said:
You're one lazy motherfucker
As I said just above...I watch these on blip at night while laying in bed trying to sleep. I dont want to constantly have to get out of bed to change the video to the next part.

Corran Horn said:
As I said just above...I watch these on blip at night while laying in bed trying to sleep. I dont want to constantly have to get out of bed to change the video to the next part.
Dose blib have a playlist with autoplay ?

if they don't, does Day 9 still uploads his dailys (2-3 days behind) to youtube ?

Corran Horn

TheThunder said:
Dose blib have a playlist with autoplay ?

if they don't, does Day 9 still uploads his dailys (2-3 days behind) to youtube ?
There is autoplay but it constantly plays the wrong thing next.

Youtube is like 10~ dailies behind.

Corran Horn said:

It's weird reading this when i watch it in the middle of the day.

Speaking of InControl, I listened to the latest ITG ep. The format seemed a lot better than it was initially, and the hosts are cool; not as good as SOTG obviously, but I'll probably start listening.

The only thing that pissed me off was the esport entitlement of every panelist concerning season 3 maps and ladder. The VAST majority of people who play SC2 not only aren't pros, but don't know or care about esports. They want to have fun on maps they can exploit. Yea some of the season 2 and 3 maps suck, but they aren't meant for pro players. Nor should Blizz add GSL maps to appeal to a minority of players.

Blizzard should introduce customizable ladders, and perhaps a separate ladder for pro players. I would love to be able to form a ladder of 20 diamond friends and choose which maps are available. Also it would certainly rock if grandmasters had an option to play on some type of iccup ladder featuring all tournament maps, that would change monthly depending on what tournaments were coming up. That would certainly be badass. But casual players on the regular ladder should be able to play the maps they want to play, which typically aren't big macro based maps.

PhoenixDark said:
Speaking of InControl, I listened to the latest ITG ep. The format seemed a lot better than it was initially, and the hosts are cool; not as good as SOTG obviously, but I'll probably start listening.

The only thing that pissed me off was the esport entitlement of every panelist concerning season 3 maps and ladder. The VAST majority of people who play SC2 not only aren't pros, but don't know or care about esports. They want to have fun on maps they can exploit. Yea some of the season 2 and 3 maps suck, but they aren't meant for pro players. Nor should Blizz add GSL maps to appeal to a minority of players.

Blizzard should introduce customizable ladders, and perhaps a separate ladder for pro players. I would love to be able to form a ladder of 20 diamond friends and choose which maps are available. Also it would certainly rock if grandmasters had an option to play on some type of iccup ladder featuring all tournament maps, that would change monthly depending on what tournaments were coming up. That would certainly be badass. But casual players on the regular ladder should be able to play the maps they want to play, which typically aren't big macro based maps.

What you're saying might make sense if most people were just asking for big macro based maps. Maps don't have to be really big to be good and the complaints being made about maps generally have little to do with size (except for extremely small rush distances on close spawn which are stupid).

Also just because players aren't pros doesn't mean they want to just play on shitty maps.

kunu

Bit of an update since last posts:

Well I've been practicing with all the tips I've gotten and I finally came away with what was quite a satisfying win. I wanted to post my replay here and see if you guys could tell me what I could improve on.

http://www.sc2replayed.com/replay-videos/11082

I feel like I've been getting my 4gate up much quicker than before, and that's been showing in the results. Prior to this game I've had some pretty close matches but it was mishaps on my part especially with timing and bonehead mistakes.

Corran Horn

Mairu said:
Listening to their massive ignorance about the DOTA scene & Valve was pretty overwhelming.
Still its pretty shocking about the prize pool. But it was kinda weird they didnt know much about the game at all but the dota name.

Q8D3vil

Corran Horn said:
I will kill you
lets be fair, he advances to the round of 16 or round of 8 but he always get completely crushed (inca vs nada, nexline vs nada).
at this point he is just another clide. consistent in the group stage but fall apart in the next one.

IceMarker

Soon DotA 2 will cover the whole of GAF along with Diablo 3 and Battlefield 3 this Fall/Winter, then nothing will be spared, not even the children. It's time to move on Starcraft II-GAF, join the dark side.
lol

Corran Horn

MrMister said:
Soon DotA 2 will cover the whole of GAF along with Diablo 3 and Battlefield 3 this Fall/Winter, then nothing will be spared, not even the children. It's time to move on Starcraft II-GAF, join the dark side.
lol
Then HotS will come out and everyone will come crawling back....including the map maker.

IceMarker

Corran Horn said:
Then HotS will come out and everyone will come crawling back... including the map maker.
jMqbh.gif

YOU SHALL NOT TEMPT ME DEMON

clav

kunu said:
Bit of an update since last posts:

Well I've been practicing with all the tips I've gotten and I finally came away with what was quite a satisfying win. I wanted to post my replay here and see if you guys could tell me what I could improve on.

http://www.sc2replayed.com/replay-videos/11082

I feel like I've been getting my 4gate up much quicker than before, and that's been showing in the results. Prior to this game I've had some pretty close matches but it was mishaps on my part especially with timing and bonehead mistakes.
Your 4 gate build is getting better (6:23 in this replay as opposed to 6:45). I think the more you are familiar with this build, you'll eventually have it down to 5:45.

Warping in units before moving out. This is good.

One small improvement you can do is using some chrono earlier on probes. You can chrono the Nexus for probes once after the first pylon completely warps in on 10 supply (as you're building your 10th probe) and another chrono on the Nexus in between 12 and 13 supply. You can then save the chrono until you begin researching warp gate.

Keep working on macro as you still pile 1000 minerals on one base. I see that you find yourself pylon blocked.

MrMister said:
lol

These DOTA games are definitely making quite a mark on esports. Will be interesting to see how they compete with SC2, which many assume is the premier esports title. LoL/HoN/etc have very impressive stream numbers and MLG has picked them up. Perhaps having three games based on the same game will divide the community enough for SC2 to remain on top.

MrKnives

PhoenixDark said:
These DOTA games are definitely making quite a mark on esports. Will be interesting to see how they compete with SC2, which many assume is the premier esports title. LoL/HoN/etc have very impressive stream numbers and MLG has picked them up. Perhaps having three games based on the same game will divide the community enough for SC2 to remain on top.

I don't understand why it has to be mutually exclusive. If Dota 2 is good enough I will probably play it and watch it along side with SC2.
Original Dota was a pain to watch though. Not the greatest spectator game but I hope they fixed that in Dota 2

IceMarker

MrKnives said:
Original Dota was a pain to watch though. Not the greatest spectator game but I hope they fixed that in Dota 2
If Valve takes a page out of the S2Games(HoN) book and their recent spectator UI update MOBA games will be much easier to watch thanks to better spectator tools such as combat detection.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Have we seen a single screen/video of how DotA2 will look like?

hamchan

PhoenixDark said:

HoN will most likely die out, so it's really between DOTA2 and LoL.

Thing about DotA is that there's way more downtime compared to SC2 with the amount of farming that happens. I think it's more fun to play than watch honestly, while with SC2 my enjoyment is split between watching and playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom