• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield | Review Thread

What scores do you think StarfieId will get?

• 40-45%

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • 45-50%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-55%

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • 55-60%

• 60-65%

• 65-70%

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • 70-75%

Votes: 5 0.8%
  • 75-80%

Votes: 15 2.3%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 81 12.5%
  • 85-90%

Votes: 241 37.3%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 243 37.6%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 55 8.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't want to sound mean here, but wasn't it a giant red flag that Starfield was being handed out for free along with buying AMD GPUs + CPUs similar to Star Wars Jedi Survivor earlier this year?

Sleepwalker

What the hell are you talking about?
Love the smell of new copypasta in the morning

chinese food eating GIF by Boomerang Official

Reactions: GHG

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
what the fuck going on
Its the first game in the franchise. It was always going to be a little rough around the edges. Uncharted 1, Ass Creed 1, Mass Effect 1 didnt land on the first try either.

This game will still win GOTYs at the end of the year. Critics have to be harsh because of the issues they can ignore, but fans will be handing out GOTYs to this game like candy come award season.

DeaDPo0L84

Maybe the Bethesda formula just works better in fantasy/post apocalyptic settings. Game is still gonna be a lot of fun no doubt, mods on PC will make a 7/10 into a 9/10. I'm glad I have no emotional investment in this game or any other, hope you guys are okay, it's just a videogame in the end.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
5 from Paste Magazine

Game seems like it is a bloated boring unfocused mess
Out of 10? God damn lol.
This is sad to see.
But then again, all these go anywhere do anything games are a hard sell to me, right from the first gameplay reveal I was fishy.
But this game will have legs.

GymWolf

Gold Member
Most of yall giving this game 90’s, do you understand an embargo geting released closer to release date is normally a bad sign?
This shit was debunked so many times with so many games already and the game officially release in a week from now.

6\10 would debunk again.

Last edited:

Sweden85

"Part of me was hoping Starfield's long years of development and 10-month delay would lead to a more polished experience. Nah. There's as much Bethesda jank on display in Starfield as there ever was"

One year delay was worth it :)

Montauk

Its the first game in the franchise. It was always going to be a little rough around the edges. Uncharted 1, Ass Creed 1, Mass Effect 1 didnt land on the first try either.

This game will still win GOTYs at the end of the year. Critics have to be harsh because of the issues they can ignore, but fans will be handing out GOTYs to this game like candy come award season.

Translation mode

“Harsh” = “they scored below what I wanted”

Macaron

Banned
Majority of the scores are in 9s and 10s. IGN and GameSpot must he bored out of their fucking minds trying to stir controversy for those desperate clickbait clicks.
LOL the coping has begun.

Maybe its the opposite and the other reviews are too lenient? Lord knows scoring games too high is a bigger problem with reviews than scoring them too low.....

Saiyan-Rox

Did IGN just mark the game down because it has fast travel between planets?

You just know people would bitch about that if it was missing.

killatopak

Gold Member
4 point below my prediction wtf. At least make it better than NV. With PC mods not being present at launch either, this sucks ass cause that could make it go 100.

Definitely still hyped as fuck but I wouldn't say it didn't hamper my excitement a bit.

Top Bottom