• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield | Review Thread

What scores do you think StarfieId will get?

• 40-45%

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • 45-50%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-55%

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • 55-60%

• 60-65%

• 65-70%

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • 70-75%

Votes: 5 0.8%
  • 75-80%

Votes: 15 2.3%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 81 12.5%
  • 85-90%

Votes: 241 37.3%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 243 37.6%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 55 8.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
I would like to thank the OP for the poll choices. it allowed me to get this one right....so far.... 85-90.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Majority of the scores are in 9s and 10s. IGN and GameSpot must he bored out of their fucking minds trying to stir controversy for those desperate clickbait clicks.

The majority of the sites that hand out 9s and 10s are sites noone's ever heard of.

Guardians Of The Galaxy GIF

Montauk

LOL the coping has begun.

Maybe its the opposite and the other reviews are too lenient? Lord knows scoring games too high is a bigger problem with reviews than scoring them too low.....

How DARE they score the game below what you expected. It’s outrageous.

Fools idol

Banned
83 is by no means a 'bad' score. But yeh I was expecting it. It looks exactly like the complaints and concerns early on about generic worlds, limited exploration, ton of bloated content that is more of a time grind than anything else.

IGN reviews are all over the place with my personal taste in just about everything they review. Not an outlet I put any trust in, but still surprised they scored it a 7.

What's worse is some people use only those two sites to fit some sort of warped narrative.
I miss Gamespot from the old days. Jeff Gerstman and Greg Kasavin were amazing. They were a legit good gaming site. Now it turned it another SJW shithole with dumb ass opinions.

Greg left the company and started a game studio which was very successful. I had the pleasure of interviewing him back in the day at E3 on Transistor I believe or one of his games. The dude is an absolute chad. Now thsse websites are filled with miserable degenerates who only care for stupid ragebaits and their dumb agendas. Sad fucking world man for gaming.

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I expect that my experience with the game will be similar to my experience with most Bethesda games. It's amazing and breathtaking early in the going and I'm in awe of the size and captured by the sense of discovery. But after a while I lose interest once the novelty of the exploration wears off because most of the quests and characters aren't very interesting.

DeaDPo0L84

I don't want to sound mean here, but wasn't it a giant red flag that Starfield was being handed out for free along with buying AMD GPUs + CPUs similar to Star Wars Jedi Survivor earlier this year?
Not really, that's pretty typical for some big AAA games. Doesn't speak to any inherit issues or concerns with the game itself.

iorek21

It's actually pretty funny how the standard for good movies is 65-80 on MC while gaming ranges around 80-95.

Elios83

86 on opencritic:

seems a great game but no masterpiece.
I'll play it next year on PC.

graywolf323

Majority of the scores are in 9s and 10s. IGN and GameSpot must he bored out of their fucking minds trying to stir controversy for those desperate clickbait clicks.
PC Gamer with a 75 as well, not sure your point in attacking the major review outlets that clearly didn’t enjoy it as much as the others

plus Dan Stapleton is the one that reviewed it for IGN, he’s a fixture there having been the head of IGN PC for a long long time now, I doubt he’d write a clickbait review (he also gave Fallout 4 a 9.5 back in the day)

ShaiKhulud1989

Gold Member
So it's Fallout 5: The Final Frontier with meta around 83-85 after banned and ignored with add up to the pile.

Honestly, totally expected. I'm sure I'll get my 50 hours of fun from it, but with the enormous weight on it's sholders it's a slight letdown.

This will probably settle in a lower 80's, if IGN and Gamespot are giving 7/10 just wait for Eurogamer and Edge to come in with their heavily weighted 5 or 6.

DeaDPo0L84

What's worse is some people use only those two sites to fit some sort of warped narrative.
It's called confirmation bias, people will focus on what reinforces their already preconceived belief pertaining to the subject matter. Just like the person earlier who said IGN and Gamespot are not REAL journalist cause they didn't agree with something he actually has no clue about. It's dumb, but people do it for literally everything, from videogames to politics.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
I was curious to see how this game was going to score after people were calling it the game of the generation.

Might not reach that status among most people who play it, but the mid-80s is a good score regardless.

Solidus_T

Banned
Well, it looks like I can wait a year or so when mods make this game better. Good thing I have more time to play Baldur's Gate 3 and Armored Core VI. I can also go back to play other great games from this year alone. Still haven't done my S run in RE4 Remake

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Who knew outer space could feel so familiar? Bethesda’s latest RPG, Starfield, entices with the vastness of the universe, boasting of over a thousand planets to visit and hundreds of hours of content to play through. It feels cold, lifeless, and uninspired, though—less a startling or awesome vision of the future than a hodgepodge of obvious influences blended together in the standard Bethesda format. Starfield makes exploring unknown galaxies feel like drudge work.

God damn.

So my fears came true. 1000 planets. But they are lifeless and pointless. Even the main ones lack NPC density. Scope was way too big. There's no point of such massive scale, it's ridiculous. Make your world more lively. Hopefully other devs learn from this. BIGGER is not better unless the big includes life

LOL the coping has begun.

Maybe its the opposite and the other reviews are too lenient? Lord knows scoring games too high is a bigger problem with reviews than scoring them too low.....
Not sure of what coping you speak off. I am going to be playing the game regardless. To say the game deserves a 5/10 is just downright disengenous and you know it. A game that's rated 5/10 usually means that it has a lot of technical issues and bugs which doesn't seem to be the case here at all. These idiots have no clue how to properly score games lol.

Top Bottom