• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield | Review Thread

What scores do you think StarfieId will get?

• 40-45%

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • 45-50%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-55%

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • 55-60%

• 60-65%

• 65-70%

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • 70-75%

Votes: 5 0.8%
  • 75-80%

Votes: 15 2.3%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 81 12.5%
  • 85-90%

Votes: 241 37.3%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 243 37.6%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 55 8.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The coping of you saying "IGN and Gamespot must be trying to be controversial for clicks" lol. Thats about as cope as it gets man......

Neither of them gave it a 5/10? You should maybe wait to play the game before being this gung ho about how awesome it is?
Yes, I know own IGN/Gamespot didn't give them a 5. The 5 I was referring to was from another website. However, the 7 from IGN is still a tad low. I could understand an 8, but nothing below from big name website like that. Something is just weird and fishy.

And yes, I will play it tonight.

Last edited:

Saiyan-Rox

Morrowind - perfection
Oblivion - meh
Fallout 3 - meh
Skyrim - great
Fallout 4 - lol

2/5 is not a good track record.

Tom Hardy Bait GIF

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
God damn.

So my fears came true. 1000 planets. But they are lifeless and pointless. Even the main ones lack NPC density. Scope was way too big. There's no point of such massive scale, it's ridiculous. Make your world more lively. Hopefully other devs learn from this. BIGGER is not better unless the big includes life
Well to be honest, actual outer space is probably even duller than anything Starfield will offer you.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Never thought I’d see this game get 7/10 from both IGN and Gamespot. Will definitely still play the game but I hope what I’m seeing about shallow RPG mechanics and tedium is overblown.

Consolation prize is I get to laugh at all the copium on the Starfield subreddit

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Seems really old style with constant loadings and so on.
Seems that every building, city and dungeon is still a separate level hidden behind loading. This is the biggest drawback imo.
I remember in morrowind you could make anything a door. A coin on the floor? Yeah it can be a door because doors just teleport to a different level

Pelao

I wasn't going to download it on my Xbox in the first place due to the 30fps, so I'm glad to know I won't even be missing out on much. Just another run-of-the-mill Bethesda RPG.

Red5

Well, it didn’t take long for people to start screaming shit from the rooftops about how disappointing these scores are.

The game is sitting around 86-88 get a fucking grip. That’s a great score.

I'm pretty sure a lot of people were just itching to fire their guns as soon as any score below 8 dropped, they've been saving it up ever since MS bought Bethesda and made Starfield exclusive,

Game is getting good to great reviews across the board. This is console warring and nothing more, pretty pathetic.

Who the hell are these nobody review sites? Like I said earlier, the distribution of review codes by Microsoft has been really sus. If IGN who usually overrates games gives it a 7/10 then it has me raising my eyebrow like huh....

Macaron

Banned
Yes, I know own IGN/Gamespot didn't give them a 5. The 5 I was referring to was from another website. However, the 7 from IGN is still a tad low. I could understand an 8, but nothing below from big name website like that. Something is just weird and fishy.

And yes, I will play it tonight.
How is it a tad low? You haven't played one second of this game yet talking about how IGN and Gamespot fucked up lmao

tmlDan

Well everything you said didn't prove anything either. So now we are even. Thanks.
I am not the one making things up lol

It's on you to prove it with making wild claims like that when historically that's not the case for IGN.

They are bad reviewers but big games get high scores most of the time.

Del_X

It's interesting how all the lesser known sites are giving it 9's and 10's and all the major sites are giving it 7's and 8's

Not to sound like Todd defense force but I wonder if they're trying to drive traffic. People watch ACG and other smaller YouTubers more and more now. Also noticing the more "hardcore" outlets enjoy it more (FextraLife)

Montauk

Todd Howard has been ritualistically beheaded by Phil Spencer.

I take no pleasure in reporting this.

(You guys need to calm down, plenty of strong scores)

Madflavor

I'm not really surprised by this. Mid 80s is a fine score, but it doesn't seem like the home run hit people were building it up to me. It just didn't look terribly interesting judging by the trailer. It made me think of Gray, White and Brown. Just the most dull, vanilla looking approach to a space exploration RPG. And I felt like scope creep would bite them in the ass, so 1000 planets with most of them being empty, seems about right.

I might have to think this one over on whether or not I'll buy it at launch. I'm still enjoying BG3, Patch 2 literally just dropped, and Phantom Liberty is releasing soon.

ShaiKhulud1989

Gold Member
Sorry, a 7/10 from the biggest outlets like IGN is BRUTAL. IGN has no compunction about giving out 9s and 10s, especially for hugely hyped titles.

I have been very excited about Starfield, I still am, but this is not a good look for BGS/MS on their biggest game in a very very long time.
I mean, knowing EG and the likes the score will only slump from here.

BossLackey

Gold Member
Both sites I stopped reading 10 years ago, total dog shit, imo. Before that my go to places, that and game faqs 🤣
Oh I don't read them either. I'm just saying that IGN gives these big publishers at least decent scores for their big releases. A 7 from IGN feels like a 5 from better outlets.

Top Bottom