• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield's Shattered Space DLC Launches to Mixed Reviews, Reportedly only 10+ Hours Long

Draugoth

Gold Member
  • Starfield: Shattered Space debuts to mixed reviews on Steam. Main story is only 15 hours long at best.
  • Starfield's first DLC expansion has less than 600 reviews in 24 hours, with 57% of reviews being negative.
  • Many claim that Shattered Space is just "more of the same" and fails to make any noticeable improvements over the base game.
untitled-design-1-1.jpg

Starifled is no stranger to review bombs, and while Shattered Space isn't at the center of a review bombing, it is drawing an incredibly mediocre response from the game's community. Steam user Epsilon says that Shattered Space is "just as boring as the main game," before comparing it to Cyberpunk 2077's massively popular DLC, Phantom Liberty. The user explained that Shattered Space lacks great writing, believable characters, and any thoughtful expansion of pre-existing features, which were three vital elements that led to Phantom Liberty's critical acclaim.

Other Early Reviews also confirm you can beat the DLC in around 10-15 hours

Strange anomalies have taken shape in the form of maddened humans and horrors from beyond our galaxy. This expansion should take mostly players roughly 10 to 15 hours to see most of its sights, and you will have a blast while doing so.​

Source 1

Source 2

Last edited:
Ugh, i bought the definitive edition or whatever it was called last year for the "expansion" and the early access, but after my experience with the game... can't say im hyped to reinstall it and play this.

Will wait for the reviews after a bit of time has passed, early reviews are always "wow this is peak bethesda!" or "shittiest thing ever".

But unless they say it's great, i'll pass, maybe in some years modders will make it worth to play

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Yeah this aint a review bomb. I doubt people who hated Starfield bought the expansion, ergo fans of the game dont like the expansion ergo it just sucks
just like the base game
Isn't it part of the ultimate or whatever edition. So it would likely be people who were disgruntled with the base game still being unhappy. Kind of gels with the negatives being a lot of 'its still the same'.

Isn't it part of the ultimate or whatever edition. So it would likely be people who were disgruntled with the base game still being unhappy. Kind of gels with the negatives being a lot of 'its still the same'.
You may be correct sir. Still, outside of those and masochists who hate buy stuff, my point still stands.

Skifi28

I don't think the length alone is an issue. I imagine most people were looking for substantial enchancements in the areas the game was lacking in, which I assume are not there.

Krathoon

I guess I bought the season pass because I have the DLC. I must have got a cheap key for it or something.

I totally do not remember getting it.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Ten hours is fine for an expansion. The issue is that it is outdated and feels old, just like the base game, and that is never going to change.

Cyberpunk was always a great game, it just needed to be polished and put on modern console hardware. Shartfield is an old, outdated game made by people who clearly missed the boat and an expansion that came out one year later (and is probably cut content that was reworked) was not going to fix that.

Draugoth

Gold Member
Ten hours is fine for an expansion. The issue is that it is outdated and feels old, just like the base game, and that is never going to change.

Cyberpunk was always a great game, it just needed to be polished and put on modern console hardware. Shartfield is an old, outdated game made by people who clearly missed the boat and an expansion that came out one year later (and is probably cut content that was reworked) was not going to fix that.

Dawnguard offered 20 hours of content. Dragonborn 23.

pudel

It's not like they replaced their writers an gameplay designers. The base game had garbage tier writing and mid gameplay, so it makes sense that the dlc will be more of the same.
Watched a streamer yesterday. Gameplay was okay. Game looks also nice...but man these dialogues!!! Wow! Its just yapping of complete nonsense everywhere. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Top Bottom