• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

State Of Decay |OT| Eat Flesh

Karak

I really really want this but I'm going to have to hold out for the PC version I think. Watching some footage the framerate didn't seem particularly great and I've just been spoilt these days.

The actual game itself looks fucking awesome though. We any idea how big the actual world is ? Do you move about from town to town or is it only one main area etc ?

It is completely open world with almost every building enter-able right away. 2.5 small towns with an insane amount of real estate.

I really really want this but I'm going to have to hold out for the PC version I think. Watching some footage the framerate didn't seem particularly great and I've just been spoilt these days.

The actual game itself looks fucking awesome though. We any idea how big the actual world is ? Do you move about from town to town or is it only one main area etc ?

Double dip, yo.

They have a cool contest going on to win the soundtrack or the game. You just have to document the last days of your hometown and they will do voting on the website.

Here is my entry (and no it's not based on views)

In the video linked on that article they reveal that sexting is one of the character stats - wtf lol?

GTVJnNZ.jpg

smr00

Banned
No coop at launch? The whole appeal was playing with friends and i can't stand when developers leave such an important feature as coop out to add in later. Just push it back and release it when it's actually finished.

This is going to make waiting for the PC verison so much easier, especially considering day z standalone early access will be starting this month. If they can't get COOP out when PC version drops i will probably just write it off and not buy it until its on sale for a few bucks.

I know it's a silly thing to complain about to some people but i don't appreciate being sold incomplete complete game. It bugs the shit out of me, it's like releasing Starcraft 2 and adding multi-player months later.

Good stuff! Also you nailed the performance. Ever thought of acting for live action stuff or such? No idea how to get into those things though ;)

lol thanks man! I don't think I do that great of a job but it's appreciated. Yes I have thought of doing something involving acting with people and others. Just exactly as you said... no idea how to get into it. :D

You bastard! Don't suggest such tempting and evil things! :p

wNtI6nu.gif

No coop at launch? The whole appeal was playing with friends and i can't stand when developers leave such an important feature as coop out to add in later. Just push it back and release it when it's actually finished.

This is going to make waiting for the PC verison so much easier, especially considering day z standalone early access will be starting this month. If they can't get COOP out when PC version drops i will probably just write it off and not buy it until its on sale for a few bucks.

I know it's a silly thing to complain about to some people but i don't appreciate being sold incomplete complete game. It bugs the shit out of me, it's like releasing Starcraft 2 and adding multi-player months later.

It's not incomplete. What are you talking about? The developers have been clear for some time that this wouldn't offer any multiplayer options. There's also no guarantee they will be releasing a co-op update. It's more wishful thinking than anything actually officially confirmed.

This is a single player affair and that's just fine.

The sequel - Class 4 - will offer co-op features. Well, it'll be an MMO, so yeah....

SinsArmor

Neo Member
In the video linked on that article they reveal that sexting is one of the character stats - wtf lol?

GTVJnNZ.jpg

i believe they put it in as a joke lol i dont know if they said it in that video or not but you cant even level that skill up since cell towers dont work lol

more than likely co op wont be ready for PC launch of the game.

the dev's plans where to make Class4 (the MMO version of state of decay) with the hope of offering the multiplayer options (that they would have to develop for Class4) for State of Decay at a later date.

at this point in time i dont think they have started work on class4 yet

UrbanRats

its coming to pc but no date set yet and from what they said on the forums its gonna be a straight port

I'm fine with that.
As i said to get it on 360 i should jump through some hoops, to free the little HDD i have.

Besides, on PC you can always brute force some stuff like resolution.

I meant not recruit anybody. Try to run the camp yourself.

Ah, I don't know if that's an option. I do know some of the missions directly tie into survivors and recruiting them or finding an already established camp. I guess you could let them all die/kill themselves and see what happens...

SinsArmor

Neo Member
I meant not recruit anybody. Try to run the camp yourself.

from a dev on the official forums

" We weren’t able to support going fully lone wolf, but you could try to get through the game with as small a community as possible and work with other communities as little as possible. You won’t be able to avoid having a Home, or someone communicating with you over the radio, and for a chunk of the game, you will have a few companions you can’t shake."

mujun

I've been following this game from its announcement and always thought of it as a single player game. What made you think it was going to be heavily co-op focused?

I've been following this game from its announcement and always thought of it as a single player game. What made you think it was going to be heavily co-op focused?

Maybe the talk of a possible co-op update on the last page?

You're absolutely right though, they've bean clear for quite some time that this would only be a single player game with the sequel having more of a multiplayer focus.

lockload

Ive been hearing good things about this game from a number of sources, i like the sound of being able to switch characters and the open world nature and being able to upgrade your bases, weapons, character etc

Will almost certainly be picking it up

Ive been hearing good things about this game from a number of sources, i like the sound of being able to switch characters and the open world nature and being able to upgrade your bases, weapons, character etc

Will almost certainly be picking it up

Keep in mind it has some jank. If you're cool with some jank, you'll be good to go.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Still any word on this being up wednesday? I find it crazy that it might and it's still up in the air, didn't realize some of these games cut it so close.

Drewfonse

I know that this sounds like a stupid question, but is there an overarching story? Is it prevalent? I'm just wondering how a game like this...ends. I'm sure there's a finite number of things to do, I guess I'm just wondering if there are also mandatory Story missions to nudge the game on.

Can't wait.

I know that this sounds like a stupid question, but is there an overarching story? Is it prevalent? I'm just wondering how a game like this...ends. I'm sure there's a finite number of things to do, I guess I'm just wondering if there are also mandatory Story missions to nudge the game on.

Can't wait.

There is a story and progressing it apparently changes certain aspects of the game world. I guess thinking of like Fallout where you can either do story missions or just roam the landscape looking for supplies, companions, etc is probably the best way to describe it.

Still no sign of episode 3...

Starting to get the shakes man.

Drewfonse

There is a story and progressing it apparently changes certain aspects of the game world. I guess thinking of like Fallout where you can either do story missions or just roam the landscape looking for supplies, companions, etc is probably the best way to describe it.

Still no sign of episode 3...

Starting to get the shakes man.

Cool, thanks man. Loving what I've seen so far. I guess we'll see reviews today, if I remember correctly.

I wonder what the price will be. I have 2400 Allards and read this might be 1600, which is enough for me to snag an 800 point game today as I am quite bored. But I don't want to do it and the game end up being 2400. Actually, has an XBLA game ever even cost that much?

Kureizu

They are still waiting for the game to pass certification. I feel like there is no way this is coming out in two days.

Top Bottom