• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

State Of Decay |OT| Eat Flesh

VashTS

Played it for a few hours, and even with all the prerelease jank, it's still amazing. I'm sure the final build is cleaned up, but I'm gonna wait for the PC version.

They passed cert? Hell yeah!

Getting this on Wednesday right after work, and not leaving my couch. Hopefully it lives up to its sandbox goals, and it can prove to be extremely replayable.

This is what I consider the XBLA 360's swan song (unless MS has more surprises at E3). Hopefully it's good.

Karak

They passed cert? Hell yeah!

Getting this on Wednesday right after work, and not leaving my couch. Hopefully it lives up to its sandbox goals, and it can prove to be extremely replayable.

This is what I consider the XBLA 360's swan song (unless MS has more surprises at E3). Hopefully it's good.

If they do follow along with the Xbox Lite. I would assume there will probably be more. Could be wrong.

Ya I only noticed one or two spots it was way way better than past builds. It will still be present but not anywhere near as bad.

That's fine by me.

Using a wind up clock as a distraction - Brilliant. It's the little touches that are really impressing me.

This game.

Karak

That's fine by me.

Using a wind up clock as a distraction - Brilliant. It's the little touches that are really impressing me.

This game.

One of the cooler things...just a little thing. Is the words of inspiration if you have a preacher that gives you back a bit of stamina. There is a very real communal aspect to almost everything. That is just one of so many little things as you mentioned. Like toys you can throw through windows to attract zombies to one side of a house and then go into the other side.

Also the animations for when you have NPC's in your vehicle and your being attacked by zombies is almost unreal. Feels alive.

That alarm clock brought nothing but pain to him. Funny funny pain. Loved that whole section.

Indeed. Pretty amateurish. Should have dropped it outside and made his way round the back while they were distracted.

One of the cooler things...just a little thing. Is the words of inspiration if you have a preacher that gives you back a bit of stamina. There is a very real communal aspect to almost everything. That is just one of so many little things as you mentioned. Like toys you can throw through windows to attract zombies to one side of a house and then go into the other side.

Also the animations for when you have NPC's in your vehicle and your being attacked by zombies is almost unreal. Feels alive.

Now that is very cool.

IGN Episode 3 youtube link if anyone needs it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTiOT8ya8aA

Thanks, will watch it again during my train ride tomorrow morning.

Despera

Banned
So I just turned on my 360 to check the amount of MSP I had left...

ibqR3ofKkIdYnr.JPG

Fuck me. Fuck me up the ass and call me daisy.

This is the first time a console has ever died on me, and I owned a lot of 'em since the NES and Sakhr. This was the only game on the 360 I really wanted to play, so I guess I'll just have to wait for the PC version.

ibqR3ofKkIdYnr.JPG

This is the first time a console has ever died on me, and I owned a lot of 'em since the NES and Sakhr. This was the only game on the 360 I really wanted to play, so I guess I'll just have to wait for the PC version.

Oh man, that really sucks. I take it that's the first gen model?

derFeef

Oh that sucks Despera :(
Hopefully the PC version is not too far off and has some nice improvements. Will double-dip for sure.

ibqR3ofKkIdYnr.JPG

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Vamphuntr

Nice, confirmed for Wednesday :O

My allards are ready. I like what I'm seeing in videos so far. It's about what I expected Dead Island to be and failed to.

Grisby

This sounds exciting. Jesper Kyd doing the OST? That's a good deal right there. I'll try the demo to see if the shooting, controls, and framerate are up to snuff.

So glad that XBLA has demos.

OXM just gave it an 8.

I haven't read the entire review, but the shortlist summary dinged it for mediocre graphics, minimal story and permadeath.

I'm gonna read the whole review, but personally none of those things really seem that essential to this game.

Graphically, it looks alright. Hell it looks better than dragon's dogma a disc based title. Minimal story isn't really thing either to because it's more of a sim anyway (didnt have a problem with zero story in XCOM it was all about moments). And permadeath is actually a plus becuase it gives the game consequence and risk/reward (buzz phrase of 2013).

That said they've played it and I haven't so their opinions are more defensible.

OXM just gave it an 8.

I haven't read the entire review, but the shortlist summary dinged it for mediocre graphics, minimal story and permadeath.

I'm gonna read the whole review, but personally none of those things really seem that essential to this game.

Graphically, it looks alright. Hell it looks better than dragon's dogma a disc based title. Minimal story isn't really thing either to because it's more of a sim anyway (didnt have a problem with zero story in XCOM it was all about moments). And permadeath is actually a plus becuase it gives the game consequence and risk/reward (buzz phrase of 2013).

That said they've played it and I haven't so their opinions are more defensible.

permadeath is seen as a negative? What casualised gaming nightmare am I living in?

This is why we cant have nice things. Goddamn reviewers.

That's bullshit if true.

Why? It's a Live Arcade game first and foremost.

Top Bottom