• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

denx

I didn't know "Themed" Zombie Escape was a thing. I just checked youtube and there are Jurassic Park, Pirates of the Caribbean and Lord of the Rings!

Ah, so Zombie Escape servers for CSGO do exist. Awesome.

You didn't know Escape servers based on popular franchises existed? Wow, you've been missing out big time. Some of the best ZE servers are themed. The Predator map is one of the best out there, as it is very complex, has multiple possible routes to the exit, and the routes and obstacles encountered change depending on whether or not the humans made it to the end in the previous rounds. The Mako Reactor map is also ace (but extremely difficult).

I have one question, if someone from the US gift me Dragon Age Origins Ultimate version and is not available in my region could I be able to play it without any problem? If that's the case, does anyone from the US could gif it to me? I can paypal or buy a game from Steam with the same price. :)

I have one question, if someone from the US gift me Dragon Age Origins Ultimate version and is not available in my region could I be able to play it without any problem? If that's the case, does anyone from the US could gif it to me? I can paypal or buy a game from Steam with the same price. :)
You should be able to play it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

It's not region-locked in any way.

Hey everyone, I'm looking for a Steam skin which lets the Library Grid view have all the images sit right against one another, no borders. I've seen some screenshots of it in this thread, but I don't know the name.

Can anyone help me out?

Sajjaja

Here's some images of that iOS app/mobile site update:

More random images:
http://i.imgur.com/5MlJPDJ.png
http://i.imgur.com/zTrFqe8.png
http://i.imgur.com/S4jKi5l.png

EDIT: Somehow missed the discussion on the previous page...

Daymnnnn. IS that up on Android? Mine hasn't been updated.

Hey everyone, I'm looking for a Steam skin which lets the Library Grid view have all the images sit right against one another, no borders. I've seen some screenshots of it in this thread, but I don't know the name.

Can anyone help me out?

I'm pretty sure you can do that with any skin, but you just have to edit some of the files. Grief is the guy to talk to about that.

MRORANGE

<-- Click for info.
t1387476000z0.png

People who have been added to the poll so far:
RealityExists, JaseC, PriitV, valouris, More_Badass, Baron von Loathsome, zkylon, BennyBlanco, Cheddahz, PetriP-TNT, xenoflux2113, OldAsUrSock, Nzyme32, didamangi, Zia, Tenrius, ArjanN, chronomac, jshackles, Iron Badger, Intheflorsh, SinineSiil, vermadas, Dice, Xavin, Karu, Mengy, Dambrosi, Camel Master, Baron_Calamity, Backlogger, Storm360, Wok, DukeBobby, PandaPedinte, Roboleon, Slyjss, cicero, Nabs, Cth, theMrCravens, mannerbot, NaM, Atraveller, arts&crafts, MMBosstones86, toddhunter, RionaaM, Whools, Rayge, destx, DXLelouch153, sofiabudapest, Robert J. Sullivan, ctw0e, wetflame, Phinor, Jawmuncher, Dolor, kafiend, kurahador, DeadlyVirus, Locust, Chairmanchuck, Tesseract, PhaZZe, Ezra2680, KenOD, MulderWasTaken

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Waitaminute, what are those 2 achievements on the right? They look like Dark Souls achievements but it doesn't have Steam support...

It's his artistic impression of what his profile will look like should Dark Souls ditch GFWL for Steamworks.

Khronico

Just submitted my goty votes:

5. RE Revelations: Pretty fun, I've enjoyed all of it so far. Reminds me of RE4 which is a plus. Only quibble I have is the enemy design; it's garbage. I haven't been even remotely scared by any of them.

4. Inquisitor: A fantastic, dark, classic RPG with an extremely interesting world. VERY text heavy, but it's actually very well written, and I found myself talking to every NPC just to find out more about the world and it's lore. It's so lovingly detailed. An RPG that manages to make me read every line of text deserves props. The only bad thing I can say about this game is the combat is unreasonably hard, which hinders an overall outstanding game.

3. La-Mulana: Secret best Indiana Jones game.

2. Teleglitch: One of my favorite roguelikes. Unrelentingly brutal, fast, and intense. Everyone should have this in their library.

1. I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream: One of my favorite stories of all time in video game form. A worthy successor to the short story, and worthy of everyone's attention.

I have not finished any of the aforementioned games on this list.

adaen

Some BundleStars keys.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Plain Sight -- MB-01D320122E3DDAA2 - Taken by Melted77. 2 entrants total.
Doc Clock -- MB-483D5A97C7777EE3 - Taken by C4rter. 2 entrants total.
And Yet It Moves -- MB-A9BBF097D125A22F - Taken by Clawww. 1 entrants total.
Snuggle Truck -- MB-9CBF23EB0AB33BC6 - Taken by skullmuffins. 1 entrants total.

t1386750409z1.png

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
For those interested, my 6-10 are:
6. Reus
7. La Mulana
8. Dust: An Elysian Tail
9. McPixel King of Fighters XIII
10. Valdis Story

Acccent

User topyy, it is usually appreciated to post thanks here or via PM when you've grabbed a giveaway :p but it's alright you're new here so you're here to learn.

Doc Clock is still up for grabs: MB-A86767B2D614E2C7 - Taken by S1n1st3r

Arthea

For those interested, my 6-10 are:
6. Reus
7. La Mulana
8. Dust: An Elysian Tail
9. McPixel King of Fighters XIII
10. Valdis Story

Yay! Year too late but still yay!
I liked it too, played it this year too.

Talking about games I like, that nobody plays. I like Dead Hungry Diner... I wouldn't have even bought this game if not for bundle and I play it like there is no tomorrow. It's one of those games: "why am I playing this again? Oh ya, I need to feed zombies and vampires and werewolves! I have to! Faster, faster!" (><)
What I can do... I like quirky addictive games.

cicero

This guy has decided to buy up most of the foils and reprice them $12+

It looks to me like it backfired on him, badly. I currently see no listings for him in any of the foils. He might have pulled them to avoid public humiliation. I never thought that trying to corner the market on a card that has a lot of current drops was a smart idea to begin with. Better to corner it on one that has a smaller amount dropping.

Copons

Given the way this section of code works, I'm not sure if that will be possible and certainly won't be right away. We're setting up an options screen so you can configure which countries you want to compare to and (hopefully) get it set up so that you can also choose the number of countries. So obviously less countries to compare to would be less space it would take up.

Assuming you can't clearfix .es_regional_container, couldn't you style .es_regional_price with

display: inline-block;
width: 30%;

(total width less than 100% because inline-blocks add a bitching random margin-right relative to their font-size or line-height, I never remember, but in this case, with prices left aligned, who cares of that empty ~10% on the right)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom