• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also have one if anyone wants it.

Lwchejl.jpg

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I was gifted the walking dead season 2 by JaseC this evening which was an awesome and generous gift.

I returned the favour to some degree with a game, but that is also kind of like buying... well something for somebody who has a lot of something.

So to go with that, I thought I'd try to put together something for the old SteamGAF. We all love Dark Souls right? And while The Kramer (http://www.nexusmods.com/darksouls/mods/137/?) is good, but it isn't quite "us":

http://www.nexusmods.com/darksouls/mods/678/?

This is the best Christmas present ever. Can't wait until I'm done with Black Flag so I can resume Dark Souls! I'll be sure to upload a screenshot when I come across it. ;)

So SteamOS is being released today, I'm curious to read the opinions and see if it really can improve the performance of tge games. Also can't wait to see people ignoring Valve advice and installing it without any Linux knowledge then blaming them.

Oh, didn't know that it was being released today. I might install it over my Linux Mint partition on my shitty notebook just to see how it works.

thekenta

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Bastion -- MB-9EB49EAF32FAF44B - Taken by Chairmanchuck
FTL: Faster Than Light -- MB-BBB0C6DB4E0C316B - Taken by Blablurn

Some of my leftover keys from HumbleBundle.

Blablurn

Finished DmC Devil May Cry yesterday on steam. Not only was it a great PC Port, the game itself was great as well! I definitely recommend it.

ModBot said:
Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Serious Sam 3 -- MB-E857AD6D1F6F141C - Taken by Deques
Garrys Mod -- MB-376C7E8E72B405B7 - Taken by oipic

There you go :)

Does ModBot work with Humble gift links? I've got a couple things I'd like to give away, but I can only get a Humble gift link for one, not a Steam key.

Berto

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Dwarfs!? -- MB-28FE1C68AA524D83 - Taken by MikeDip

There ya go :)

Just paste the gift link as you do with steam keys

Thanks! ...and now I notice that I just had to scroll a few posts further down in the ModBot instructions and it answers precisely that question.

Half Life 2 and Episode 1 have been sitting in my inventory for forever, hopefully there's still someone out there who can use them!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Half Life 2 -- MB-A85F8CD2348936A3 - Taken by gabrielt16
Half Life 2: Episode 1 -- MB-D320E6180F047913 - Taken by curlycare
Orcs Must Die! 2: Complete Pack -- MB-E8D80018EF5AE78E - Taken by kurahador

curlycare

Thanks! ...and now I notice that I just had to scroll a few posts further down in the ModBot instructions and it answers precisely that question.

Half Life 2 and Episode 1 have been sitting in my inventory for forever, hopefully there's still someone out there who can use them!

Hey thanks for HL2:Ep 1! it was the only Half-Life I didn't have in my library.

I was just playing Dishonored, and I got killed by the good old 1 2 3 shoot trick. He said shoot on 3, so he counted 1... 2... 3... and that was it. I didn't turn around because I was waiting for him to say shoot, but nope. I died.

I would've usually gotten mad at something like that, but I couldn't help but laugh. It reminded me of the old joke where 2 people try to get a couch upstairs, and have to count to 3 to do it but fail miserably.

JaseC

I got it from the ATI gpu bundle, Black Box if I remember correctly. Anyhow it only had Episode 2, Portal and TF2.

Ah, that's right. I had no idea the Black Box had been relegated to a bundled product for ATI cards so it was a nice surprise when I went to install my 2900XT (which I bought simply because the 8800GTX was notably more expensive at the time).

curlycare

Ah, that's right. I had no idea the Black Box had been relegated to a bundled product for ATI cards so it was a nice surprise when I went to install my 2900XT (which I bought simply because the 8800GTX was notably more expensive at the time).
Yeah it was a nice surprise when I got mine with hd3870 (rest in piece, went through oven 3 times).

BTW does anyone know which is better mouse for gaming, Logitech G400s or G500s? These are the only ones available at my local shop and I need new mouse ASAP. Appreciate the help.

The_Monk

Now it's Dark Souls with
432 hours
and counting. Can't believe how hard I fell in love with this game since I picked it up during the Summer Sale this year. It really has become one of my favorite games ever <3 I just wish I could relive my first playthrough again :(

You can relive with all my amateur skills fellow GAFfer. Seriously, I'm so bad at this game but at the same time not only I can't stop playing it, the Online Community is very helpful. To me this is the best experience in a Online game:

I need help in a Boss, summon other player, he appear, I curve and show the respect he deserves by entering my World, he gives me signs on where to go by pointing up or down, we enter the fog, we fight together, we win together and then he goes back to his/her world. May our souls shall meet again brave warrior, my heart is still going like crazy for the rush and the amazing soundtrack.

Parsnip

Good morning everyone.

Zaxis ignored my e-mail so I'm just waiting for one of the subs/apps to get a name. Alternatively, the sooner a recently-greenlit developer sends out early Steam keys, the sooner we'll know whether or not they relate to Greenlight, since the activation window will mention which of the nondescript subs was activated.
Alright, lets hope something's revealed sooner rather than later.

Darksiders 2 plays well but Vigil bit off far more than it could chew in regard to the size of the game and consequently it drags on, particularly after the second world. It does play host to an awesome boss theme, though.
That's a pretty good track, but I prefer his (Jesper Kyd that is) work in Assassin's Creed 1 to Revelations a lot more.

Now that I think about it, that's probably the thing that bums me out the most about AC games these days, that Jesper did only half of Revelations and nothing on the newer ones.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
So I just have 3 achievements left for Fallout: New Vegas and I was thirsty as fuck for some more open-world goodness after Ass Flags 4 and Far Cry 3 so I decided to do the final run.

fonvh5pad.png

I thought I'd just work on it casually.... and then I pumped 4 hours into it yesterday. Game is still so good. After pumping like 130 hours into it previously, it feels like returning home. This will definitely be one of my most cherished 100%s.

Yeah it was a nice surprise when I got mine with hd3870 (rest in piece, went through oven 3 times).

BTW does anyone know which is better mouse for gaming, Logitech G400s or G500s? These are the only ones available at my local shop and I need new mouse ASAP. Appreciate the help.
The G400s is one of the best mice you can get (don't install Setpoint), but it has a known issue with having a fairly thin cord that has the tendency to have disconnection issues if tugged on.

JaseC

That's a pretty good track, but I prefer his (Jesper Kyd that is) work in Assassin's Creed 1 to Revelations a lot more.

Now that I think about it, that's probably the thing that bums me out the most about AC games these days, that Jesper did only half of Revelations and nothing on the newer ones.

Yeah, his work in the Ezio trilogy is fantastic (2 particularly). I really wish Ubi would bring him back as the other composers it's used don't quite have the knack for marrying the music with the aesthetic to compound the sense of place, something that Kyd has in spades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom