• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deques

I just completed Sleeping Dogs first story dlc, Nightmare in North Point. It was a let down. Very big let down. Oh, well, I just got five more achievements for it :)

Nabs

I just completed Sleeping Dogs first story dlc, Nightmare in North Point. It was a let down. Very big let down. Oh, well, I just got five more achievements for it :)

I liked how that DLC would crash during the last boss fight just because of my clothing choice. White pants, no shirt.

I thought he looked badass.

Dr Dogg

Although it doesn't have achievements and it's pretty much just fight arenas, the Zodiac Tournament dlc is a fantastic love letter to Enter the Dragon. Right down to the intro and post process film grain and awesome score. Still haven't fired up Year of the Snake but the GB quick look was great (well Vinny and Sleepy Dawgs is the best mix) but I liked Nightmare in Northpoint as me and my brother used to watch Big Trouble in Little China almost daily growing up. It's all in the reflexes!

DukeBobby

Rage must be one of the most graphically confusing games I've played in quite some time. "It's so pretty" and "great Scott this game is ugly" are constantly switching between each other.
So blurry.

John Goodman's a nice touch, everything feels silky smooth and the atmosphere is quite nice.
Feels a bit like Borderlands without the co-op, or humor. Quite empty, too.

But eventually, it's not my cup of tea. But I'm glad I tried it.
Those free weekends are quite nice. :)

The Dead City area in particular looks terrible. It's a shame because it's the only part of the game I enjoyed.

Bouniter

After winning Lucius yesterday was a great little treat with all the bad luck I've been having trying to purchase a vita its time to do something to cheer me up a little

So here is a little giveaway

(i havnt done a lighting giveaway before or used something from my steam inventory so if anything goes wrong my apologies anyway here you go)

ModBot said:
Instructions for Bouniter:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Trine 2 -- MB-5D81BAD2851DC6BB - Taken by Hooligaani. 1 entrants total.
The Ship Single and Multiplayer -- MB-7B391CE5506A34A4 - Taken by DeadlyVirus. 1 entrants total.

t1385238342z1.png

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Is there any footage or even screenshots of RAGE with it's native made textures? I imagine it looks amazing. I think I'd pay money just to see Duncan Harris get a hold of it.

I wonder what kind of video card you'd need to run RAGE with it's native textures. Something with more than a gig of vram, I'm guessing.

After winning Lucius yesterday was a great little treat with all the bad luck I've been having trying to purchase a vita its time to do something to cheer me up a little

So here is a little giveaway

(i havnt done a lighting giveaway before or used something from my steam inventory so if anything goes wrong my apologies anyway here you go)

Thanks for The Ship

chronomac

Man, Hot Pursuit runs like garbage on my system. I guess I'll wait to play after I upgrade some.

Is it poorly optimized or just a beast graphically? I guess it could be both.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
God, the Steam Client is such a slow piece of shit. Thank you based Enhanced Steam.

No problem. I'm also working on a "desktop" version of Enhanced Steam that will bring a few (but not all) features over to the client. Sadly, it won't do anything to fix the underlying jankyness that is their web browser. Cheers!

Knurek

No problem. I'm also working on a "desktop" version of Enhanced Steam that will bring a few (but not all) features over to the client. Sadly, it won't do anything to fix the underlying jankyness that is their web browser. Cheers!

Loads of VAC bans incoming?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Loads of VAC bans incoming?

Doubtful, since it's doing everything client side (just like browser extensions). Of course it's always possible. I asked a few people at Valve for clarification and have not received a response.

EDIT: The emails basically said "I'm planning on doing this and want clarification on the SSA as to whether or not it's allowed. I'll assume it's allowed unless you tell me otherwise since the SSA doesn't speak directly to it. If you email me back and request that I not release this software I will oblige."

Crickets.

InPlosion

I was updating TF2 when the steamclient just..disappeared. It closed without an error message or anything. It works fine now allright, but has anyone had a similar experience lately?

Caerith

But you're not finnish.

Slightly more constructive information: The Mumbo Jumbo Groupees is currently a 1 game minimum.
The groupees bundles have been 1-game minimum for a while, haven't they? Not sure when that changed, though.

Anyone have any impressions on the games in said bundle?

Turfster

The groupees bundles have been 1-game minimum for a while, haven't they? Not sure when that changed, though.

Anyone have any impressions on the games in said bundle?

It's off and on, really. They start out 2 game minimum, then drop to 1 a few times.
The mumbo jumbo games are best described as 'casual'.

Momentary

Banned
Will it be a toonie on Steam as well? Have any idea how long it is?

It took me like 2 hours to 100% it when it was released a few months ago. They could have put more content in it. The game is damn fun though. I'm going to play it again for the achievements and because it will be nice to go through everything.

Copons

Btw I'm totally fine with people talking about X1 and PS4 exclusives, but when it comes to Nintendo, my N-fanboy-heart of the young me always skip a beat.
Plz stop. Or put a 3DS in a giveaway.

Anustart

M/KB or controller for Arkham City?

I was playing SMTIV in bed last night. Best part about portable consoles.

I played through it with m/kb. Managed to get decently high on a leaderboard too with that setup, #6 on one of the challenge maps, not counting the obviously fake scores.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom