• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, and the blatant reuse of the what felt like 5 levels the game had was rage-inducing. "Now do this level again, but backwards" is really not on.

That's the level I was on actually. It was the first level that they pulled the "now do the level but backwards" bit on me.

You need electro ammo I think. If you can reach them, you can also just melee the generators (I guess the one you are talking about is behind a wall)

That electro ammo would have been really useful to use, but I'm guessing I wouldn't have enough time to beat Rage anyways.

It was a decent game for the shooting parts and I don't mind playing a game with a free sign on it.

chixdiggit

Finished House of the Dead Overkill today with the Razor Hydra. So much fun.
Can't understand why anyone would play the Typing of the Dead mode instead. To me there is nothing fun about typing. In fact it reminds me of work.

Turfster

That's the level I was on actually. It was the first level that they pulled the "now do the level but backwards" bit on me.
They do that for pretty much every level in the game.

Gintoki313 said:
That electro ammo would have been really useful to use, but I'm guessing I wouldn't have enough time to beat Rage anyways.

If you're not a compulsive seller, you should have enough crap in your inventory to make some electro ammo. I think I ended at about 9 hours for the game total, skipping some of the bounty stuff.

Decent prices here

http://www.gamingdragons.com/black-friday-deals.html

Apprently the code UGRocks provides another 3.5% off. Not much but it helps.

Smells fishy. The spam-like hrefs full of "cheap steam cd key" don't inspire much confidence.

Hopefully there's someone who doesn't have it already.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Hacker Evolution Duality -- MB-7A71E24F819B5B35 - Taken by tylergregg

chixdiggit

So with Dead Space, there's an odd graphical glitch with my player, he twitches and spazzes every so often while moving, is that normal?

And another problem, I just got on the space station, went down the elevator, busted the little power thingy by the door, but I can't walk through the door.... It's open, but theres an invisible wall or something?

Been a long time but I remember having similar problems. The twitching/spazzing thing I would have thought would have been fixed in a driver update or something.

FloatOn

Smells fishy. The spam-like hrefs full of "cheap steam cd key" don't inspire much confidence.

yeah, I'd love to jump on arkham origins for 15 but I've never heard of this site and the "The game is in stock and will be delivered within 30 minutes to 2 hours." doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

but hey, arkham origins on amazon next week for 20 is still quite tempting.

oh and totally lttp but I finished LIMBO tonight. It was basically the evil clone of Thomas Was Alone... I'm still not quite sure what to make of the plot, if there was one

Coldsun

Banned
I tried ordering Bioshock 2, since it's for GFWL it should also activate on Steam and give me Minerva's Den.

I got my key, it's a duplicate, on both Steam and GFWL...

Apparently happens somewhat regularlly with them. Looks like if you contact support they'll give you another key.

AppleMIX

Anyone run into this problem?

qeR3xU4.png

I managed to get a hold of a PS4 controller but when ever I hold left on the right analog stick it activates R2.

Any idea what to do?

Apparently happens somewhat regularlly with them. Looks like if you contact support they'll give you another key.

I did, I'll see what happens next. Anyways, the site definitely seems not so legit!

Edit: they sent me a new key, perfectly functional. I still don't know if they're legit, but at least they are very efficient :)

destx

It's not completely terrible, but it is obscenely padded. it seems like the game is actively trying to waste your time.

If they had put less resources into making hundreds of awful sidequests and more into the combat systems, maybe it wouldn't have been so bad.

It does have some nice scenery at times.

Khronico

i finished kingdoms of amalur

ugggghhhhhhh

what a waste of time

I got almost 30 hours in until it dawned on me.

I didn't care about the story.

The quests were dull and predictable.

The combat was wasn't all that great.

Then I immediately uninstalled it. What a waste of time.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
if anybody has beaten RAGE, how much of the game is left once you get to
Subway Town?

My sweet huge backlog. I have many different kinds of games to choose when I have time. Now that I have time to play a game, I pick.... Company of Heroes! Game on!

Jawmuncher

I really hope Lost Planet 3 is 12.49 come the holiday sale.
That's the price I wouldn't mind paying for it. Oddly enough on the cheap it seems like my kind of game.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Textures are getting so realistic I'm really not sure how you made that mistake. Maybe you need glasses.

tumblr_ml4j9bwqpo1rmylnlj2.gif

Maybe, I haven't heard of them before. Looks like a key reseller site?

Well I'm convinced! Anybody vouching?

The two flavours of Arkham Origins (ROW and CIS) give it away. I don't mind purchasing from "reputable" resellers on the odd occasion (I also maintain a text file listing the games I've bought from such sites and periodically check if they're still listed in my library), but handing out used keys is a big red flag in my book.

Momentary

Banned
I just spent a good chunk I had saved for the Autumn Steam sale on a damn ship in Star Citizen. I'm probably going to have wait until the Winter Sale hits anyway for the games that I want to even have a discount thrown on them. Maybe ACIV will get a 10% discount by then or something.

JaseC

I just spent a good chunk I had saved for the Autumn Steam sale on a damn ship in Star Citizen. I'm probably going to have wait until the Winter Sale hits anyway for the games that I want to even have a discount thrown on them. Maybe ACIV will get a 10% discount by then or something.

History suggests that Black Flag will be 25% off during the Winter Sale.

Bus Simulator 2012 looks like it would scratch similar itches to my Euro Truck Simulator 2 love affair.

I just loaded up that store page and just kept saying "oh no."

"oh no."

JaseC

Bus Simulator 2012 looks like it would scratch similar itches to my Euro Truck Simulator 2 love affair.

I just loaded up that store page and just kept saying "oh no."

"oh no."

I was saddened when I noticed that Ski Region Simulator had been pulled from Greenlight. :(

JaseC

You've just presented it's existence to me, and then taken it away. :(

Do you know why it was pulled?

EDIT: Oh god, it has SNOW CANNONS?? That's so good!

It's still being sold elsewhere, and IIRC it went up quite early, so I'd guess Giants just grew frustrated with getting nowhere.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Steam keys for The Cat Lady are now available in Groupees - Be Mine Anniversary bundle.

All of Razer's stuff is more expensive than it 'should' be. Then again, if they keep getting buyers the price won't ever drop.

Razer Diamonback was the best mouse I have ever used, worked for 5 years in a row with heavy Enemy Territory playing every day. So accurate. So awesome to hold. I'd buy one again if I could find one, their current lineup doesn't seem to appeal me that much.

Dr Dogg

Is there anyway to hide the 'scoreboard' in Civ V multiplayer? Actually takes up a large portion of the screen.

Well seeing as people have been asking Firaxis for the last 3 years to have the option to hide it I find it puzzling that there still is no option. Not sure if the UI is still layed out with XML but I've never come across a fix on the various Civ forums I usual stick my head in to.

It's as if you have a gif for every occasion.

Who's seen that new Razer Xbox 360 controller? $80 is a ridiculous price for it.

And with Razer's "impeccable" build quality they will probably last 5 mins before breaking. Only their mouse matts are safe and even they have a habit of lasting less than you'd expect.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Thank you to everyone who added me as a friend on Steam. Quite appreciated.

In regards to Civilisation 5, why not add some Metal Gear? http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=146684345

Was GFWL removed on Supreme Commander? Or at least, is it possible to play without creating or using an account, just offline like Dirt 2?

Finished House of the Dead Overkill today with the Razor Hydra. So much fun.
Can't understand why anyone would play the Typing of the Dead mode instead. To me there is nothing fun about typing. In fact it reminds me of work.

The eventually mod where we can use custom dictionaries. I look forward to the day I can type Fellow Gaffer's names in to save me from zombie hoards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom