• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you to everyone who added me as a friend on Steam. Quite appreciated.

In regards to Civilisation 5, why not add some Metal Gear? http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=146684345
:O I might just add this, and I don't like mods for these kinds of games. Although that means I have to lose time to Civ again. . . (whatyearisit.jpg)
The eventually mod where we can use custom dictionaries. I look forward to the day I can type Fellow Gaffer's names in to save me from zombie hoards.
This would be a time that I'm grateful I'm not well known enough to be added to something like that. I would not envy the people that would run into my name to type in there. It would be relevant though!

Flandy

I got almost 30 hours in until it dawned on me.

I didn't care about the story.

The quests were dull and predictable.

The combat was wasn't all that great.

Then I immediately uninstalled it. What a waste of time.
I realized this about 2 hours into the game. World was uninteresting and it couldn't get me to care about the lore.

Jawmuncher

You know a part of me with this upcoming Persona announcement want's it to relate somehow to PC gaming. Atlus is on Steam but it's a damn shame that they have nothing up there aside from some western published games. Hell even Xseed threw up some Ys games on there. Wishful thinking I know but aside from MGS, japanese flavor is about the only thing i'm missing on steam.

It's not completely terrible, but it is obscenely padded. it seems like the game is actively trying to waste your time.

If they had put less resources into making hundreds of awful sidequests and more into the combat systems, maybe it wouldn't have been so bad.

It does have some nice scenery at times.

Yeah, it did feel insanely padded, and the world didn't feel real enough for me to actually care about doing anything but finishing the main story. By the end I just ran across the entire continent, leaving entire villages on their own against the advancing hordes of evil.

"Too long, don't care, guys."

Caerith

You know a part of me with this upcoming Persona announcement want's it to relate somehow to PC gaming. Atlus is on Steam but it's a damn shame that they have nothing up there aside from some western published games. Hell even Xseed threw up some Ys games on there. Wishful thinking I know but aside from MGS, japanese flavor is about the only thing i'm missing on steam.
Doesn't Sega own Atlus now? And Sega is usually pretty attentive to Steam.

Anteater

The future is that we are going to have to pay to play the bayonetta ps3 shit port on gaikai when they discontinue the 360 and ps3.

Jawmuncher

Doesn't Sega own Atlus now? And Sega is usually pretty attentive to Steam.

It'll be interesting how that goes.
Since while they are active on steam for the most part it's once again the non-japanese stuff from sega for the most part. Binary Domain was a nice surprise but then again that game was made with the intent of being a western appeal franchise.

Still the way I see it the japanese section on steam is small and is in need of filling.
They already know "japanese" fans are willing to pay the premium to get them on the service. Just look at the high prices for any japanese type games and their cards compared to most other games on steam. Sure that's trivial but I think it shows the demand is there.

Same goes for Platinum, if they brought Vanquish, Bayonetta, Anarchy Reigns, and the like to Steam I bet they would sell great. Hell i'd buy them all day one.

Caerith

The future is that we are going to have to pay to play the bayonetta ps3 shit port on gaikai when they discontinue the 360 and ps3.
That could be a long ways off, at least for the PS3. Sony stated that they'll continue to support PS3 until 2015, but it could very well be in production for much longer-- PS2 wasn't discontinued until earlier this year, shortly before they announced the PS4.

Enjoy
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Pid -- MB-EAE288BEFD5082DB - Taken by Divius

header_292x136.jpg

Firstly, I tried to remember where I got this game from. At first I thought I might have grabbed it during the Halloween Sale, but no... no I hadn't. Instead, I purchased this game in the Be Mine 8 Indy Bundle several months ago.

Seemingly they added Steam keys to that bundle, and I had redeemed it blindly and totally forgot about the game until Steam Roulette picked it for the next game in the Backlog Blitz. So, that's the backstory into why I have this in my Steam Library. It also helps set the scene for the review.

This game is pretty awful.

I don't want to be harsh, but there's no real positive to this game. The story is disjointed and paper thin - and you'll see whatever surprise it suggests it might have coming a mile away.
The controls are OK, but they're basic WASD controls and mouse look. I guess it uses the Unreal Development Kit nicely, as at times the game does look nice. However, that's probably it.

Everything about this game screams 'portfolio project' - a game that was made in an attempt to showcase talent in an attempt to get a job with a studio in the future. If I had made this game, I'd be somewhat happy with it... but I'd never try to sell it to people as a game. It's just not engaging enough.

You'd probably be able to finish this game in 2 hours, if it wasn't for the horrible back and forth backtracking the game MAKES you do, and the frustratingly placed enemies that suddenly appear out of nowhere and hunt you down.

Overall just avoid this game, don't even buy it as a temptation to see how terrible it is. Just avoid.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Overall just avoid this game, don't even buy it as a temptation to see how terrible it is. Just avoid.

What if I already bought it and just want to install it to see how bad it is now that you've said this?

FloatOn

I got almost 30 hours in until it dawned on me.

I didn't care about the story.

The quests were dull and predictable.

The combat was wasn't all that great.

Then I immediately uninstalled it. What a waste of time.

I lasted 22 hours but yeah same story for me too. I'm now playing Witcher 2 and having a much better time.

Anteater

Walking Dead Ep2

What the shit man.
Kind of saw it coming but still kind of messed up because I thought they were just trying to mislead me

That could be a long ways off, at least for the PS3. Sony stated that they'll continue to support PS3 until 2015, but it could very well be in production for much longer-- PS2 wasn't discontinued until earlier this year, shortly before they announced the PS4.

Yeah, but without bc i think they will eventually have to port it to somewhere and playing it on gaikai for ps4 is probably a terrible solution.

Anteater

The Walking Dead Ep2

Me and only 17% of the players
killed the st. John brothers.

I'm a monster. Also, the taser was useless D:

So far the game is great, sucks that
Clementine has to witness everything D:

Jawmuncher

The Walking Dead Ep2

killed the st. Johns brothers.

I told larry to eat up like the pig he was recently when playing.

JakeD

The Walking Dead Ep2

killed the st. Johns brothers.

i am the 17%. no regrets

Terra_Ex

The Walking Dead Ep2

killed the st. John brothers.

It's the smart thing to do,
if they're dead they can't come after you and potentially cause problems down the line, nor can they continue their cannibal antics with other people.

Hasney

Think I killed everyone I had the chance to in my game.
Clementine needs to know that it's the world we live in now.

Anteater

^ I wonder if zombie apocalypse is really as difficult as they are trying to make it out to be >_>

It's the smart thing to do,
if they're dead they can't come after you and potentially cause problems down the line, nor can they continue their cannibal antics with other people.

Yeah,
either leave him around for potential danger to everyone or kill him.. not that much of a choice =/

SparkTR

I recently got into the Planetary Annihilation beta and I was surprised at how nice it's shaping up. Definitely rough around the edges but they have a winner on their hands if they can properly finish this.

Also somebody needs to compile a list of 2013/2014 strategy game releases, because I'm starting to lose track of them.

Nakayumi

I was thinking to do another playthrough on TWD as well. Anyone know if the decisions from the first season will have impact on the second? If so, I NEED to replay the first season before number two arrives.

Turfster

I recently got into the Planetary Annihilation beta and I was surprised at how nice it's shaping up. Definitely rough around the edges but they have a winner on their hands if they can properly finish this.
And it can be yours today for only 55€ in early access!
Better than the 80-something it used to be I guess.

(Yes, it looks nice, but that price point is still seriously wtf)

fantomena

I feel sorry for everyone who are buying PC games these dayss when the autumn and winter sale is just around.

Also, I experimented with CivV last night. I started to understand more stuff (even though there are still confusing stuff), the time flied. I played on the lowest difficulty, got killed by Askia (fuck peace agreement).

yoshizzle

I was thinking to do another playthrough on TWD as well. Anyone know if the decisions from the first season will have impact on the second? If so, I NEED to replay the first season before number two arrives.

Yes. TWD and its dlc will both have impact on s2:

From the Steam store page:
Decisions you made in Season One and in 400 Days will affect your story in Season Two

Jawmuncher

I know the second season is supposed to use the saves from 1.
My thoughts on that
That bitch from the motor inn never dies guarantee she'll be popping back up in season 2 (Talking about Larry's Daughter here)

Phinor

Really rough still at least on some setups. 20-25fps on my relatively high-end machine when there's barely anything on the planet, and this on a 1v1 match. On top of that, it's not utilizing neither my CPU nor my GPU at all.

From what I've seen, I doubt this game replaces Supreme Commander as our LAN game of choice (we like to play defensively and not worry about 360 degrees of defense etc.) but also from what I've seen, the skill ceiling is quite high so there's a possibility of proper competitive gaming.

SparkTR

And it can be yours today for only 55€ in early access!
Better than the 80-something it used to be I guess.

(Yes, it looks nice, but that price point is still seriously wtf)

Yeah it does seem extreme, no reason to buy now when it's going to be cheaper at release. I got in for $15 due to my early Kickstarter pledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom