• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

thanks anon!

Also to add meat to my post I gotta say that i'm pretty excited for the holiday sale.
A lot more titles I want to pick up compared to last year

fantomena

UPlay is a fucking piece of shit. The downloads are fucking slow. I have been using my whole day downloading the first DLC for AC3 which I bought on the UPlay store on a sale sometime. Now when I want to install it I can't because it says the UPlay install fucking servers are damn offline, BUT WHY DO I NEED ONLINE SERVERS TO INSTALL A MOTHERFUCKING DLC WHEN I HAVE DOWNLOADED IT YOU UBISOFT WHORES.

UBISOFT FUCK OFF WITH YOUR DAMN UPLAY SHIT FOR FUCKS SAKE!!!!!!

/end rant

Berto

Thanks for Lucius. And here are some games I had laying around. Good luck! =)

ModBot said:
Instructions for Berto:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Cave Story Plus -- MB-9FDA1636FBFD4C4C - Taken by KenOD
Snapshot -- MB-4FA4F2DD47B19F28 - Taken by fantomena
Nightsky -- MB-3AFFF987006CA1C0 - Taken by Purkake4

Sajjaja

sigh.... Red Orchestra 2 was daily yesterday at $2.49... I remember pre-ordering that for like $26 and then finding out I could not run it playably.... D:

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe, I haven't heard of them before. Looks like a key reseller site?

Well I'm convinced! Anybody vouching?

Lastest Review:
"!I buyed here Hitman: Absolution on low price and this is not fast, but and not slowly. The CD-Key is working and I happy. I recomend this shop "
I'm a believer now. How can I send them all my money?

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Thanks for Snapshot!

If you don't mind, could you share some thoughts of it after you have played it a bit? Interesting look game, but I'm not sure just how clever it'll once the novelty wears off and games with similar puzzle mechanics haven't always been that fun for the whole time.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I feel sorry for everyone who are buying PC games these dayss when the autumn and winter sale is just around.
If they have the money to do it, why feel sorry for them? Maybe they want to play right now, or maybe they just don't know or care.

denx

It is my understanding that the AI in Civ 5 is broken right? Like you can't win diplomatically because the AI will declare war on you for pretty much anything?

Would you suggest going for a technological or military victory instead?

Turfster

It is my understanding that the AI in Civ 5 is broken right? Like you can't win diplomatically because the AI will declare war on you for pretty much anything?

Would you suggest going for a technological or military victory instead?

I won a diplomatic victory in the "gold" version, dunno about vanilla.

fantomena

If you don't mind, could you share some thoughts of it after you have played it a bit? Interesting look game, but I'm not sure just how clever it'll once the novelty wears off and games with similar puzzle mechanics haven't always been that fun for the whole time.

WIll do! :)

If they have the money to do it, why feel sorry for them? Maybe they want to play right now, or maybe they just don't know or care.

I feel sorry for them because they can save money even though they have good economy.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I already restarted several times, it's not showing up.

That's probably because the game is not out yet (December 4 is the release date I think), but usually you can see the game in the list, even though you can't install it.
Not always can you see them, though. If I recall correctly, AVGN Adventures didn't appear on the library until it was released.

Tellaerin

That's why I'd feel kind of bad for them. It's one thing if they know about the upcoming sales but can't be arsed to bother. If they didn't realize they could've saved money by waiting a little longer for the big sales, it's kind of sad.

Oh, and if you're out there... Thanks for your generosity, anonymous benefactor, whoever you are!

KenOD

Thank you.

Dead Island Riptide is £6.30 at Game.co.uk :
http://www.game.co.uk/en/dead-island-riptide-215526

Any impressions from people who liked the first one ?

It's an old style expansion rather than a full sequel. Minor changes, some improvements, more missions/tasks/people, but ultimately in the end more of the same.

While I enjoyed some of the new weapons to use, the running kick that can be greatly amusing, and several minor flaws were fixed, I grew tired of it about halfway through as the memory of the first title was still fresh in my mind and this offered no great added variety or differences.

It's really something suited if you've already accomplished everything from Dead Island 1, it's been a while since you've played, and you do want more.

Anteater

Gonna call it quits for Rage, clocked in a few hours and I think the game is really cool, it has a bit of old school shooting with some cool AIs, also with some open world stuff mixed in, I actually do like the vehicle stuff even though I only get to do a few races, overall I think it's great.

Not going to buy it yet with all the sales going on, but will definitely buy it eventually to continue and complete it.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Cheers Stump. I think I've ballsed up the Humble links though as they've not come through. Do I just grab everything in the link after key and ignore the gift part?

Example game:
4ilD9XV.png

Click the present.

You get something that looks like this:
fjMseho.png

RIGHT CLICK the "this link" text, click Copy Address

You get a link that looks like:
https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=coconuts

In your ModBot PM:
Scribblenauts Hunger Games Edition - https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=coconuts

Tada.

Turfster

Not going to buy it yet with all the sales going on, but will definitely buy it eventually to continue and complete it.

I picked up a physical copy for 5€ like, almost a year ago.
Might be cheaper to pick one up, because I don't see it going much cheaper on Steam.

From what I have heard it's pretty much the same game as the first one

It's an old style expansion rather than a full sequel. Minor changes, some improvements, more missions/tasks/people, but ultimately in the end more of the same.

While I enjoyed some of the new weapons to use, the running kick that can be greatly amusing, and several minor flaws were fixed, I grew tired of it about halfway through as the memory of the first title was still fresh in my mind and this offered no great added variety or differences.

It's really something suited if you've already accomplished everything from Dead Island 1, it's been a while since you've played, and you do want more.

All right thanks. I haven't finished the first one yet as my coop buddies all stopped playing the game near the end of Act II. Playing solo is allright but not as fun as coop.

KenOD

Example game:
4ilD9XV.png

Click the present.

You get something that looks like this:
fjMseho.png

RIGHT CLICK the "this link" text, click Copy Address

You get a link that looks like:
https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=coconuts

In your ModBot PM:
Scribblenauts Hunger Games Edition - https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=coconuts

Tada.

Due to the frequency of the questions, perhaps it would be beneficial to add that to the ModBot guide? I say as one who constantly forgets these things and would greatly appreciate it being easier to find.

All right thanks. I haven't finished the first one yet as my coop buddies all stopped playing the game near the end of Act II. Playing solo is allright but not as fun as coop.

One issue on that front is that they did change the netcode for Ripcord and as such it's far more prone to players desynchronising from each other.

Copons

The oh so waited update of...

The Copons' Euro Truck Simulator 2 Adventures

If there are some Czech GAFfers here, well then fuck you!
How in the world you could have thought it was a good idea putting a speed radar on a 80 limited road JUST BEFORE THE 110 LIMIT SIGNAL??
I swear to god, as soon as I get my own truck I'm gonna ram every single signal you have over there.

Also, I got a funny bug once.
There was this single lane road with guardrails all around, just before a crossroad, and I had another truck before me who just waited for like everyone in Europe to cross it, instead of at least trying to go himself. With all that overload of kindness, it was probably The Monk driving, I dunno.
:p
After more than 10 minutes of real time waiting there, I decided it was time to say fuck it and I rammed him and pushed him the hell away, causing like 3 or 4 separate accidents all over the crossroad. I got 3 fines and several hundreds of euros of damage, but it was totally worth it.

The oh so waited update of...

The Copons' Euro Truck Simulator 2 Adventures

If there are some Czech GAFfers here, well then fuck you!
How in the world you could have thought it was a good idea putting a speed radar on a 80 limited road JUST BEFORE THE 110 LIMIT SIGNAL??
I swear to god, as soon as I get my own truck I'm gonna ram every single signal you have over there.

Also, I got a funny bug once.
There was this single lane road with guardrails all around, just before a crossroad, and I had another truck before me who just waited for like everyone in Europe to cross it, instead of at least trying to go himself. With all that overload of kindness, it was probably The Monk driving, I dunno.
:p
After more than 10 minutes of real time waiting there, I decided it was time to say fuck it and I rammed him and pushed him the hell away, causing like 3 or 4 separate accidents all over the crossroad. I got 3 fines and several hundreds of euros of damage, but it was totally worth it.
Wouldn't like to cross you on the road
;)

I bought Rage ages ago but couldn't finnish it after a while when it became a go here do this go there do that snore fest. I hated the car sections, just felt like a big letdown overall. I would have definitely preferred just a more linear shooting game from what Rage offered.

Dr Dogg

Right lets try this again.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys and 7 Origin keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

F.E.A.R. -- MB-030A231E06D4BC4C - Taken by Exuro
F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin -- MB-5E7B94144B7D48FC - Taken by neoism
F.E.A.R. 3 -- MB-EE4E76E1F20FDF2E - Taken by Apostate
Batman Arkham City GOTY -- MB-2429061A10C6FC14 - Taken by Vazduh
Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY -- MB-72E1A7FB9E15FE6C - Taken by ClassyPenguin
Scribblenauts Unlimited -- MB-798455F67CF4F018 - Taken by faceless007
vRvbDCu.png
Medal of Honor (Origin) -- MB-D67AF7E01B3F7226 - Taken by Vindicis
vRvbDCu.png
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition (Origin) -- MB-D6301212B3A562EA - Taken by Santini
vRvbDCu.png
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 Uprising (Origin) -- MB-7235CC425DA794B8
vRvbDCu.png
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box (Origin) -- MB-424C5E7069F9CFD6 - Taken by Gravelord_Nito
vRvbDCu.png
Mirror's Edge (Origin) -- MB-E35A9CB7A9633E43 - Taken by DurielBlack
vRvbDCu.png
Battlefield 3 (Origin) -- MB-7A338D02BA9C93E9 - Taken by nightstorm
vRvbDCu.png
Dead Space (Origin) -- MB-4F76200DACEB1D97 - Taken by deejay

I claimed Hacker Evolution: Duality + DLC from the anonymous giveaway on the last page, but already had the base game, so I don't need that code. Here it is:
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Hacker Evolution: Duality (base game, no DLC) -- MB-5E7C7183239C0327

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom