• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - Announcements & Updates 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firehead

Steam Rating: 10
Playing time: 62.4 hrs past 2 weeks
277 games

I used to like this skin...
jxubP.png

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?

Not sure why I signed up before HL2 tbh because like many here that was my first registered game with the service.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Dambrosi said:
Hmm. FEAR 2 + DLC for £3.12...hmm.

Is it worth me giving Microsoft my debit card details, though? That's the question.

Yes the evil M$ is in the business of stealing peoples credit card information and charging 10,000 pizza's to them. Do the right thing and don't buy that game you want.

May 4th, 2004.
And since games are being posted, 103.

Guess that was the day I bought my ATI Radeon 9600 XT... I think that was the card that gave me a free HL2 code. :lol

Metalic Sand

who is Emo-Beas?
Couldnt pass on that $5 FEAR 2 with Reborn DLC. Amazing deal even if its on GFWL.

FEAR 2 is also non steamworks on Direct2Drive and other services as well. Very odd.

G_Berry

Banned

Steam Rating: 7.4

Playing time: 23.8 hrs past 2 weeks

105 Games!!

I'm 30 now. I wonder how many games I'll have when I'm 60!

My grandkids will be so fucking happy when I leave them the account :lol "THANKS GRANDPA, YOU CRAZY OLD BASTARD"

IrishNinja

^you can skin steam? nice.

jumped on amnesia and plants vs zombies, sad penmubra and vampire: masquarade didn't join the party.
I gotta catch back up on this thread, can anyone recommend Dark Fall: Lost Souls? screenshots look interesting, as does the price.

Prezhulio

joined september 12, 2003....i don't remember steam being that old haha

it's a shame that pretty much from 2005 on i'd pc-gaming-less while being broke in college, but i've finally made a splash back into it with my new rig and i'm loving it, mostly due to steam.

Recon

Banned
Joined May 24,2006 (this is my second account, i have another one that started on Nov.16,2004, but that one is VAC banned)

50 Games with a value of $845.51 USD.

Playing time: 66 hrs past 2 weeks

Not too bad, i love me some steam gaming. And both times i started accounts by buying HL2, with the sole intent of only playing Counter Strike: Source.

Rubezh

Firehead said:
Playing time: 62.4 hrs past 2 weeks
277 games

I used to like this skin...
jxubP.png

Feels weird looking back at that now. Looks like some guy made it one afternoon in MS Paint. :lol

One problem with the Steam Calculator is it doesn't seem to put the sales price in and most of us probably never buy full price. :lol

The only games I've ever bought full price are Valve games and Worms Reloaded I think.

coopolon

Wow, member since 12-12-2003. Steam was such a steaming pile of shit back then. 113 games with a value of $1806.87.

Just of curiosity I added up how much I've spent, and I've spent $745.76 assuming I spent $49.99 on HL2 (which I'm pretty sure I did since I bought it day 1.) Not too bad, only a few purchase decisions I regret: buying Alpha Protocol at full price (I was really jonesing for it), buying the Civ IV complete pack for 49.99 (but at least with this game I got my money's worth, but I could have waited until it went on ridiculous sales like it eventually did). The only other games I bought full price were multiplayer games: L4D1, L4D2 (actually this was only ~$38 or something since we got the 4 pack), and Civ V. I bought this games only because my friends were playing them and I knew if I waited too long they'd be done, so I wouldn't say I regret those purchases, even though I know I paid WAY too much for them.

1-D_FTW

Pai Pai Master said:
Fuck GFWL. Fuck it so hard.

So I got Batman when it was on sale but didn't get a chance to play until yesterday. I try to play and it forces me to sign into GFWL...okay, I've got an account, that's fine....

Turns out my hotmail account has been "compromised" and I need Microsoft to verify my identity. Okay, a little roadblock and annoyance but nothing huge.

I go through the process which requires me to enter my phone number so they can send me a code to verify. Only I never get the code...tried sending it four times. So I go to the next step which requires me to enter some information about my account...and somehow I have to remember what folders were in my hotmail account that I haven't used in five years...or the credit card I used to sign up for Xbox Live or any other paid services which I've never done. So basically I don't know how to get this taken care of without calling customer service which is probably closed today.

And I can't fucking play Batman because I can't sign into GFWL so it won't even let me save my fucking game. Fuck this shit.

Probably just gonna make a new Live account instead...don't plan on buying another Xbox so I don't give a shit about the games I owned or my achievements.

Stallion Free said:
Make sure you use a non-hotmail email this time.

Fuck me. I have it tied to a hotmail account I never use. I don't even know why it's hotmail. I've never used hotmail period. Was it easier to create an account using hotmail? WTF.

What's the easiest way to change Live info?

Anyone know if you need personal info to change email. I'm sure I entered bogus data.

nubbe

Steam Rating: 0

Playing time: 0 hrs past 2 weeks

View all 218 games

I buy games and never play :lol

1-D_FTW

1-D_FTW said:
Fuck me. I have it tied to a hotmail account I never use. I don't even know why it's hotmail. I've never used hotmail period. Was it easier to create an account using hotmail? WTF.

Anyone know if you need personal info to change email. I'm sure I entered bogus data.

I'll answer my own question: You can't. You can change contact e-mail, but not account e-mail.

Went and gave my account a nice long password. And copied down my account info I inputted. I would never have been able to guess the birth-date I entered. Let's just say I'm real old.:lol I'm surprised I can game anymore.

Remy

Username: Remy
Steam member since: 2006-07-13
Found 229 Games with a value of $3401.71 USD

Perhaps only notable because I've only ever run Steam on Apple hardware. Yay Boot Camp?

1-D_FTW said:

I said fuck all that live shit and made a local profile so regardless of internet connection I can play my save file.

nubbe said:

Steam Rating: 0

Playing time: 0 hrs past 2 weeks

View all 218 games

I buy games and never play :lol
I'll play them for you. Just send them all to me as gifts. Actually, who am I kidding, I'm just going to go back to TF2.

BomberMouse said:
Has DoWII been cheaper before? I wan't to try it but I belive I won't get a chance to play it properly anytime soon.
I don't think so. It was 50% off during both the perils of summer sale and last year's holiday sale.

kamspy

LocoMrPollock said:
No. But I think you need it to download the game.

Anyone know if it has achievements?

No cheevos but the game works fine.

I launch it through Steam like the rest of my GFWL and D2D games.

Just bought BioShock (my first Xbox 360 refurb MS sent me was faulty and destoyed the disc and I always wanted to re-buy it), Amnesia, and the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. bundle. So glad I built a gaming PC. PC games these days make a lot of even the AAA console games look like muddy and/or choppy shit.

And God bless Steam. How the fuck else would you get all four of those games for $28? :D

Steam Rating: 0.3
Playing time: 1.1 hrs past 2 weeks
53 games

Yeah, my steam rating is weak sauce, but I've only got back into the gaming mood recently now that I have some time for it. I probably will again once I install Dragon Age and/or Fallout 3...just games to sink a lot of time into.

Anyways, so I've been on steam for over 3 years now via Half-Life 2 retail disc. I didn't make my first steam purchase until last year April or May '09 with the Orange Box $10 sale. I haven't purchase a PC game at retail since then.

Anyone know how I can set up custom folders in my games library? Right now I just have 'favourites' and 'games', but i'd really like separate folders for different genres (and also the ability to hide some shite that I bought like Flora's Fruit Farm...)

classicdms

Neo Member

Steam Rating: 8.6

Playing time: 27.6 hrs past 2 weeks

77 games

Juggling 4 games right now. TF2, Fallout: NV, Dead Space and Starcraft 2. I'm always afraid to turn on Fallout because its basically a willful step down the rabbit hole. You finally turn the game off and realize you're hungry. Look at the clock and its 2 in the morning. You've been playing for the last 7 hours.

Achievement Unlocked: You Forgot about Dinner.

Firehead

I NEED SCISSORS said:
Anyone know how I can set up custom folders in my games library? Right now I just have 'favourites' and 'games', but i'd really like separate folders for different genres (and also the ability to hide some shite that I bought like Flora's Fruit Farm...)
You mean categories? Right-click the game and choose "Set Category", you then create the category you wish to add it under. Once you do that, you have to add all of the other games you wish to add... one at a time.
They really need to have an option to select a category you wish you add games to and then just have a check box next to all of the games so you can add them all at once. :|

Edit:
5XQYM.png

Playing time: 33 hrs past 2 weeks

129 games

what is steam rating out of? (and that playing time is inflated. All I played was Fallout NV and it was closer to 25 hours according to that clock.)

and wow, December 2003 haha. All I remember about old steam is that it was a pain in the ass to download or update or something. I don't even know what I would have been playing then. I do remember the first time I saw the source engine was with Counter Strike.

wait, what is "Half-Life Platinum Pack"? it is the first game I purchased and it files it under retail. Then there is Half-Life 2 Silver, which is listed under steam store. I was sure I bought HL2 retail.

oh man, SIN episode 1! I can't wait for the next one.

zoku88

I NEED SCISSORS said:
Right click on a game and then go "set category". You can add a category from there.

Firehead

Linkzg said:
what is steam rating out of? (and that playing time is inflated. All I played was Fallout NV and it was closer to 25 hours according to that clock.)

and wow, December 2003 haha. All I remember about old steam is that it was a pain in the ass to download or update or something. I don't even know what I would have been playing then. I do remember the first time I saw the source engine was with Counter Strike.

wait, what is "Half-Life Platinum Pack"? it is the first game I purchased and it files it under retail. Then there is Half-Life 2 Silver, which is listed under steam store. I was sure I bought HL2 retail.

oh man, SIN episode 1! I can't wait for the next one.
Half-Life Platinum Pack contained the original Source games - that ranged from Half-Life, Counter-Strike, Opposing Force, Blue Shift, Team Fortress and the like.
Half-Life 2 Silver included the Source versions of the original Half-Life and Day of Defeat.

Also, SiN episode 2...
most likely not happening ):

owlbeak

opticalmace said:

16 games (counting all the Orange Box stuff as 1, etc.)

That's gotta be some kind of low.
Nah, man! You're just smart. A lot of people buy games when they are on sale for $5 even if they never play them, which is pure lunacy to me. I guess if you have money to burn, whatever. I have 46 games, member since 2003 (Though my account got fucked up and Valve migrated my account to a new name which now says 2006). Lots of people on my friends list have 100+ titles.

gillty

Banned
Nabs said:
far from boring. played about 5-6 hrs this weekend w/ some gaffers. fun times.

edit: doesn't seem like brad knows how to play
understatement of the year.

bloody good time/ the ship ftw :D

So I actually went through my list of games and counted the ones I actually saw the credits for and I was shocked at how few I've actually finished :lol

Stop buying games dammit.

Dreavus

I actually burned myself out on Steam sales a while ago, or at least I started thinking clearly. EVEN IF it's 5 bucks, I still consider whether I really have time to play it. The answer is usually no. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom