• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Pandoracell said:
Borderlands for $5 would be right up my alley.

That's probably the only 2K game that I want (and don't already own on PC).

The complete edition at a hot price would be very nice. I probably won't go for the vanilla version unless the DLC is on sale as well.

LegoDad

wolfmat said:
Oh yeah, totally. That game is on my must-have list, but the Steam sales mill held me back so far. I played it on PS3 a bunch of times with a buddy and had a blast.

I want it for the Michael Jordan stuff and the NCAA mod someone just released. 75% off $20 is the perfect amount for me.

Snuggler said:
That's probably the only 2K game that I want (and don't already own on PC).

The complete edition at a hot price would be very nice. I probably won't go for the vanilla version unless the DLC is on sale as well.

Speaking of the goty version, does that have achievements? I went to both pages and only the vanilla Borderlands has them listed. I can't imagine why the goty one wouldn't have them, but I'm just double checking in case they do go on sale.

Salsa

What sucks about Borderlands is that ive already played the game for about 100+ hours with all DLC except for the last couple, but not on Steam.

So if the game comes up at a hot price i'll be inclined to buy it again just to play General Knoxx and the claptrap one :(

Gigglepoo said:
What's the clusterfuck?

Developed by Monolith Productions (who went on shortly thereafter to be acquired by Time Warner) but published by Fox Interactive (who got folded into Sierra and whose digested remnants are therefore now somewhere deep in the belly of Activision-Blizzard.) Vivendi/Activision owned the copyright on the game software for the titles in the series as well as the "No One Lives Forever" trademark, but Monolith retained the trademarks for "A Spy In H.A.R.M.'s Way" and "Contract J.A.C.K." as well as for the Cate Archer character.

In other words, it's the same sort of clusterfuck there was with F.E.A.R., except that actually got resolved eventually because the franchise was actually successful.

Shurs

Nabs said:
yep. just crappy button prompts.

So, does Steam not show controller support for a lot of games that support it?

I ask because I bought Far Cry 2, which also supports the 360 controller, but there is no mention of controller support when browsing the title in the Steam store.

Nabs

Shurs said:
So, does Steam not show controller support for a lot of games that support it?

I ask because I bought Far Cry 2, which also supports the 360 controller, but there is no mention of controller support when browsing the title in the Steam store.

Probably up to the publisher

Ickman3400 said:
Speaking of the goty version, does that have achievements? I went to both pages and only the vanilla Borderlands has them listed. I can't imagine why the goty one wouldn't have them, but I'm just double checking in case they do go on sale.

GOTY Edition is just called the vanilla Borderlands and all of the dlc, it's not a separate game on Steam.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Weenerz said:
Mafia bought, already had Mafia 2. Is the DLC for Mafia 2 actual missions a d stuff, or just new cars?
Joe's Adventure has 4-5 full blown story mission and a bunch of side mission stuff. Jimmy's Vendetta is just a bunch of cookie cutter side missions without and cutscenes.

Weenerz said:
Mafia bought, already had Mafia 2. Is the DLC for Mafia 2 actual missions a d stuff, or just new cars?

Jimmy's Vendetta and Joe's Adventure are open world activities (JV) and missions (JA) whereas the rest of the DLC are just cars and outfits.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
charlequin said:
Developed by Monolith Productions (who went on shortly thereafter to be acquired by Time Warner) but published by Fox Interactive (who got folded into Sierra and whose digested remnants are therefore now somewhere deep in the belly of Activision-Blizzard.) Vivendi/Activision owned the copyright on the game software for the titles in the series as well as the "No One Lives Forever" trademark, but Monolith retained the trademarks for "A Spy In H.A.R.M.'s Way" and "Contract J.A.C.K." as well as for the Cate Archer character.

In other words, it's the same sort of clusterfuck there was with F.E.A.R., except that actually got resolved eventually because the franchise was actually successful.
I am sure it Activision-Blizzard wanted to republish the game, they could work something out with Time Warner to get few bits of IP they own. Most likely Activision doesn't think the series has that much sales potential to bother with it.

Salsa

Lime said:
Is it recommend to finish Mafia 1 before playing 2?

If you can, yeah, there's this.. easter egg on the second one that you would appreciate. And given how the first one holds up really well i say go for it.

QuantumBro said:
GOTY Edition is just called the vanilla Borderlands and all of the dlc, it's not a separate game on Steam.

Ah ok, thanks for clearing that up for me. Here's hoping for a sale even though I've also put probably 200 hours into the 360 version.

Sysgen said:
In the DD thread I posted that Mafia 2 is $6.00 at [URL="http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004774ISM/?tag=neogaf0e-20"]Amazon not knowing that it was a Steamworks title.[/URL] So it would seem I could buy it there, save $1.50 and still get into the contest?

Should be able to. I already have Mafia 2 which came with my GPU (with a code I had to enter) and I was able to enter the contest. It just says you have to have the game that is on sale that day, so you could either buy it or have it already.

Mrbob

All this NOLF talk cutting me deep as it is one of my favorite franchises which doesn't exist anymore. :(

Thankfully Monoliith has this paranormal stuff out of their system and their next game is supposed to be a spiritual successor to NOLF. CAN'T WAIT! Hope to see it at e3.

Weenerz

Banned
_Bro said:
Just to make it clear, the first Mafia is totally worth picking up?

It's $2.50, go for it
2gw6ik2.png

Zzoram

What's going on with the new avatar system? I uploaded one and removed my external link avatar but it's not showing up in my posts

nevermind, fixed it

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
balladofwindfishes said:
Is 99 cent Bioshock a possiblity?

I never picked it up, and if it might go below 5 dollars, I'd probably get it.

Has there been a Steam sale for it at that price? It would be a no brainer for me, I only played it on 360 a few years back.

If I had to guess, it would probably be another 75% off sale which would put both games at $5 a piece.

Snuggler said:
Has there been a Steam sale for it at that price? It would be a no brainer for me, I only played it on 360 a few years back.

If I had to guess, it would probably be another 75% off sale which would put both games at $5 a piece.
Well, it's a game from 2007, and I've picked up other 2007ish games for 1-5 dollars each. If it hits 99 cents I'd get it in an instant. At 5 dollars, I have to think about it.

Especially since this weekend my house is starting to get the garden ready, so 5 dollars on a game is 5 dollars less on plants (like the Venus Fly Trap I have been promised!)

Volcynika

balladofwindfishes said:
Well, it's a game from 2007, and I've picked up other 2007ish games for 1-5 dollars each. If it hits 99 cents I'd get it in an instant. At 5 dollars, I have to think about it.

Especially since this weekend my house is starting to get the garden ready, so 5 dollars on a game is 5 dollars less on plants (like the Venus Fly Trap I have been promised!)

Yeah rarely has a game ever gone that low, especially a non-Valve game. I'd bet no lower than around $5.

I know my chances are pretty small, but I'd like to win something in the 2k sweepstakes. I won a Minecraft copy this morning, so it could be possible!

Winterbottom is the only game that I've seen at .99 on Steam.

Sgt.Pepper said:
I know my chances are pretty small, but I'd like to win something in the 2k sweepstakes. I won a Minecraft copy this morning, so it could be possible!

Winterbottom is the only game that I've seen at .99 on Steam.
Wasn't Winterbottom a quarter a few months ago? I own this game, and I don't think I would have paid a dollar for it.

I got Chime for 99 cents awhile ago.

Joe Molotov

If Bioshock did go down to 99 cents, they'd just run out of CD-Keys in 10 minutes and then the next 5 pages would be people going "OMG PAID GOOD MONEY FOR A GAME I CAN'T PLAY SCREW YOU STEAM YOU BETTER GIVE ME MY FUCKING MONEY NOW OR I'M DOING A CHARGEBACK!"

Snuggler said:

Cricket Revolution was 99 cents.

I Rage-gifted that to quite a few people.

Nekrono

Alright I gave in on Mafia II, thanks for the recommendations everyone, I hope it's good, and even if it's not you really can't go wrong for that price.

Nekrono said:
Alright I gave in on Mafia II, thanks for the recommendations everyone, I hope it's good, and even if it's not you really can't go wrong for that price.
This is how one accumulates hundreds of Steam games you'll never finish. :p

Sanic

I wouldn't do it if people wouldn't offer or take me up on my offers. I just enjoy playing the game, so it works out in my favor.

Nekrono

opticalmace said:
This is how one accumulates hundreds of Steam games you'll never finish. :p
Lol so true, I have a pretty big backlog as it is but I don't mind making my Steam game list bigger!
3AQmK.gif

I swear i'll beat all these games someday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom