• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gui_PT

Starwolf_UK said:
Are you making the account through the client or through the site? Try using the other one. I remember when I tried to make an account through the site it claimed every name was taken and I mean everything, even the suggested ones with 7 digits after...worked fine in client.

That worked, awesome. Now I need a non shitty laptop that can actually run good games lol

=(

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Meh, I'll get that pack. I was just hoping for an AC2 deal, but looks like that's not part of the deal. Still, I wanted Far Cry 2 for PC and this will do. With Rainbow Six 2 and AC1 in the mix that's a pretty good deal.

Javaman

Bummer. I own half of the pack already. I'd like to get Call of Juarez, but can't do it out of principle. How about prorating for a change. If publishers would discount for previously owned games or at least let us gift the extra ones, I would buy far more packs.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Have there been any cool mods for Far Cry 2? I really liked it, but it was a deeply flawed game that could benefit from some tweaks + some badass shit like more animals.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I swear, if I hear about someone complaining about Assassin's Creed's repetitiveness while praising Far Cry 2, I'm going to flip out.

neoism

guys I have a small glitch with my steam icon on my task-bar.... You know when it feels up with the green bar with the icon when your downloading something. Well, it's been there for about 2 months and I'm not downloading anything, its not even green its yellowish... any ideas. :/
pic..
2iafzmq.jpg

WTF

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Lyphen said:
I swear, if I hear about someone complaining about Assassin's Creed's repetitiveness while praising Far Cry 2, I'm going to flip out.
I was able to get over the repetitiveness in both. Far Cry's honestly made me more frustrated though. Assassin's Creed isn't a terribly long game if you focus on the story, I think my first playthrough was under 15 hours and I did all the side missions. And the PC version added more side missions so the variety is actually pretty good.

Salsa

That deal is fuckin great. Too bad i already bought Far Cry 2 (wich is great, shutup :() and don give a shit about Ass creed.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Stallion Free said:
I was able to get over the repetitiveness in both. Far Cry's honestly made me more frustrated though. Assassin's Creed isn't a terribly long game if you focus on the story, I think my first playthrough was under 15 hours and I did all the side missions. And the PC version added more side missions so the variety is actually pretty good.
Yup. Assassin's Creed also had some ephemeral "atmosphere" that clung to me better than anything Far Cry 2. I liked the French/German/Muslim voice acting. Far Cry 2 was overly long and though I thought I loved the game and could get over how repetitive it was, it had a whole second map with the same problems. Never did end up finishing it.

I really wonder how both these games got released within a year of eachother without anyone at Ubisoft chiming in about problems they both shared.

Mrbob

Interesting weekend deal. A good one for those who don't own any of these games. Not so good if you already own a couple. I have two of the four and a shame no individual discount.

GHG

Gold Member
Mrbob said:
Interesting weekend deal. A good one for those who don't own any of these games. Not so good if you already own a couple. I have two of the four and a shame no individual discount.

Ditto. Already own AssCreed and FC2. Would like the other two as well but just not enough...

Psy-Phi

toasty_T said:
Has Farcry 2 been fixed?

I couldn't stand the respawning guards.
Wasn't broken if the guards are you desire to be changed.

At first I was annoyed by them as well, but after a number of hours with it, I can't imagine it any otherway. It'd be boring if they straight up didn't spawn for a full day of in-game time. I do wish it was handled differently, perhaps requiring guards to drive back to the place after being radio'd while under attack? And allowing you to take out a guard post quietly, and having no reinforcements come out until another car from that faction or the opposing one happened to drive by.

Also some kind of faction system that actually changed the way the enemies paid attention to you and would fight eachother.

As it is the world feels a bit too static and stagnant. But it's still a lot of fun if you go in expecting a game where you shoot people a lot.

Haeleos

Max said:
No Double Agent? :(

This reminds me I need to contact Steam support to remove that game from my library. Out of 200 games, it is easily the worst purchase I've made through Steam.

Max

I am not Max
Haeleos said:
This reminds me I need to contact Steam support to remove that game from my library. Out of 200 games, it is easily the worst purchase I've made through Steam.
Is the PC version broken or something?

epmode

LastWindow said:
Just out of curiosity, has anyone had any problems playing these in Windows 7 (64) or any known issues I should be aware of?
I've played most of those in Win 7 without issue.

FYI: Windows 7 64 is able to run nearly every game I've ever thrown at it. As long as it's not a Win 95-era game, you'll almost never have a problem.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Co-op and especially terrorist hunt are a fucking delight in R6 Vegas 2. Finishing every t-hunt map on the hardest difficulty/3 lives/max enemies with 3 buddies was one of my fav experiences of the past couple years.

Max said:
It's fairly buggy. I have managed to get proper 1080p, but the game still has the weakest missions of the 4 games prior to Conviction.

epmode said:
I've played most of those in Win 7 without issue.

FYI: Windows 7 64 is able to run nearly every game I've ever thrown at it. As long as it's not a Win 95-era game, you'll almost never have a problem.

Alright, thanks!

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
could a kind US gaffer gift me the Ubisoft pack?
i would save almost 5$ and i'm not really sure if all of the games are uncut on the german steam store.

will send the money through paypal immediately

:)

steamID= Schnitzelfee

I play almost all my PC games with the 360 controller. I see Assassin's Creed has gamepad support, but the other three don't? And how is it in AC?

Max said:

Buggy as fuck, runs like shit, less graphical options than Chaos Theory and the 360 version has better graphics.

Didnt even bother with multiplayer either as it just felt so wrong PC UI wise.

Mrbob

ClosingADoor said:
I play almost all my PC games with the 360 controller. I see Assassin's Creed has gamepad support, but the other three don't? And how is it in AC?

It works the same as if playing it on 360. I think I tested out Far Cry 2 as well with my 360 controller and it worked fine as well but I can't remember right now.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
ClosingADoor said:
I can confirm pad works natively and perfectly in AC and FC2.

Stallion Free said:
I can confirm pad works natively and perfectly in AC and FC2.
Mrbob said:
It works the same as if playing it on 360. I think I tested out Far Cry 2 as well with my 360 controller and it worked fine as well but I can't remember right now.
Thanks. Bought.

Crazy stuff switching from console to PC. Being able to buy 46 games for 140 euro in the last two months. Not the newest titles, but lots of great ones I missed out on over the last few years.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Wow, I've been wanting to buy RSV on PC forever and this deal pops up. I'm there.

So awesome, 20GB of some pretty sweet games for that price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom