• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
BuddhaRockstar said:
Holy shit at the Ubi pack.. So glad I held off FC2 for so long!
Man I am loving PC gaming. I'm doing some catch up work but the prices are just amazing. This never happens on consoles.

Shaneus

AngryChinchilla said:
Just bought Far Cry 2 during the holiday sale :(

Oh well, still buying the pack.
Same, but I don't think it was that expensive (was it?). IIRC only about $10 or so. No big deal.

Never got the first AC (or any others for that matter) so I'll be jumping in fo' sho'. Provided Australia gets the decent price.

Oh, anyone else notice that their HL2 + eps were patched sometime this week? Big screen gaming maybe?

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Nope.

Half-Life 2, Portal, Half-Life: Episode One and Half-Life: Episode Two
Better support for Intel Sandy Bridge based machines
Fixed a bug where some video configuration could get reset by restarting the engine

itxaka

Defeatist
shiiiiiiiit. Dat pack. Was willing to paid 19,99€ for AC1 as I wanted to have in my collection but this pack, fucking wow.

Zimbardo

i'm weak against 75%+ off deals ...and i didn't own any of these games, so i was all over this one.

great deal. love steam.

What's the status of the online communities for Far Cry 2 and RSV2? I've played them quite a bit on consoles but I might get the pack if there's even a small community for me to play online with.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
koshunter said:
What's the status of the online communities for Far Cry 2 and RSV2? I've played them quite a bit on consoles but I might get the pack if there's even a small community for me to play online with.
I'm pretty sure R6 has a decent community. I bought both so if anyone wants to be friends on steam, shoot me an invite, same SN as here.

LiquidMetal14 said:
I'm pretty sure R6 has a decent community. I bought both so if anyone wants to be friends on steam, shoot me an invite, same SN as here.

Alright, just bought the pack. Also added you.

SN: K OS Master

Zimbardo

Medal of Honor received a price drop on Steam recently. from $39 down to $29.

i know it's gotten some mixed reviews, but i've been wanting that game for a while. i played the multiplayer beta and thought it was decent ...and aren't you supposed to get an invite into the Battlefield 3 beta if you buy MOH? would love to try that out.

then i see it's on sale for $14 on Impulse ...

http://www.impulsedriven.com/medalofhonor

sweet deal, but i just buy games from Steam and Direct2Drive and haven't bothered with any of the other services. i like to try and keep things to a minimum and don't really want to be buying games from all sorts of different places.

i'll wait for a deal on Steam or D2D. i've been buying a lot of games lately, so i should really play those ...but damn, $14 ...crap!

Hanzou

How is Call of Juarez? I love the Wild West setting and the video looks cool, is it actually fun to play though? Also what is in the"Fortune Edition" versus regular Farcry 2. My brother bought the original back when it was new and I actually just installed it last night oddly enough.

The first Rainbow 6 was great on 360. I assume no one plays this online anymore? I have beat Assasins Creed 2 and Brotherhood on PS3 but stayed away from the first because of the bad things said. Maybe now is the time to give it a shot as It will look and play much better on my PC.

Edit: I see that the DLC only adds some weapons, vehicles and MP maps, lame.

Max

I am not Max
Zimbardo said:

i know it's gotten some mixed reviews, but i've been wanting that game for a while. i played the multiplayer beta and thought it was decent ...and aren't you supposed to get an invite into the Battlefield 3 beta if you buy MOH? would love to try that out.

sweet deal, but i just buy games from Steam and Direct2Drive and haven't bothered with any of the other services. i like to try and keep things to a minimum and don't really want to be buying games from all sorts of different places.

i'll wait for a deal on Steam or D2D. i've been buying a lot of games lately, so i should really play those ...but damn, $14 ...crap!
$30 for a BF3 beta invitation. Tempting.

Max

I am not Max
Well the Steam page still says it does

I'm sure it'd be mentioned if it were included with the Impulse one

ghst

thanks for the laugh
rac said:
Edit: Fixed.

Also I will post this here.
the g500 has a sort of coarse, scritchy texture that i really didn't appreciate, but then i'm a gigantic 518 fanboy. i'd recommend finding somekind of outlet that has a bunch of gaming mice on display so you can fondle them a little first.

senahorse

Zimbardo said:

Oh sweet it has received an apparent price drop in Aus now as well, it can be had for the bargain price of $70US...what, lol

Joe Molotov said:
It's also an awesome game that you should play. Especially if you like Spaghetti Westerns.
It also has a very very low, fixed fov. Couldn't play it. Maybe there are workarounds now, dunno.

Nice pack but I don't think I can rationalize it when I have 1/2 the games already. :-/

I want the Rainbow Six games . . . put that pack on sale please.

One Ok Rock

Neo Member
Great deal. Already had asscreed 1 on PS3 but if I saw far cry 2 on it's own for $12 I would think that's a good deal. It's not even sales season and valve is hurting me financially. :(

Quick question: Is it confirmed that buying a PS3 version of Portal 2 will net you a PC version? Cheers.

spicy cho said:
Nobody seems to know if it includes one or not. would love a definitive answer.
The steam version does.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/47790/
Get access to the Battlefield 3 beta!

Owners of Medal of Honor will also receive an invitation to the beta for another highly-anticipated EA shooter, Battlefield 3™. Battlefield 3 is the latest entry in the award-winning shooter franchise from DICE in Stockholm, Sweden.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Hmm. Was just thinking about call of Juarez yesterday. Nice timing. Oh, and free as it was paid for partly out of my crysis 2 preorder refund.

BTW, is steam really bad at buying and installing several games at once? I've had this a few times, but eg it creates the space for Assassin's Creed, starts downloading it, then starts making the space for RSV2, but that just sits there and takes absolutely ages. If its a conflict between the HDD wanting access for downloads and making cache files, couldn't it just pause the downloads until its finished making all the local space ready?

How active is Rainbow Six Vegas 2 online? Do people still play most of the maps/modes or is it mostly team deathmatch on a handful of maps?

hylje

Nice deal there on Ubisoft games. I have been wanting to start Assassin Creed series awhile now but didn't want to hop into sequels first. Now I just can't postpone it anymore.

Is the Vegas 2 co-op worth it or should I be forever alone?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
is there any way to have games in multiple categories? From zero, I now have a fairly big backlog forming and I'd like to organise them in maybe 'backlog' and 'completed' categories, but i'd still like some games in an overall category that I play often, and also so my son can find them and play (maybe a category for him with age-appropriate content in)

How do you organise your steam collection?

rac

Banned
jimbobb said:
Rac, the G500 is now listed as, "sold out."
Yeah that pretty much made my decision for me.
Maybe I shouldn't have posted it on gaf.
Oh well, thanks for all the suggestions anyways.

Lumine

What the hell? It's a nice price for the pack I guess, but why can't they give individual discounts to these games for people who aren't interested in buying the whole thing? It's just mean. :p

mrklaw said:
is there any way to have games in multiple categories? From zero, I now have a fairly big backlog forming and I'd like to organise them in maybe 'backlog' and 'completed' categories, but i'd still like some games in an overall category that I play often, and also so my son can find them and play (maybe a category for him with age-appropriate content in)

How do you organise your steam collection?

AFAIK it's still not possible to assign multiple categories to a game, so having a game like Dragon Age listed under "RPG", "D" and "Completed" is impossible, for example.

Binabik15

Hm, deal seems nice.

I just bought AC2 and importing AC would be 6€ already, I own R6V1 for 360, FC2 I didn´t like, CoJ I sometimes thought about buying. Hell, I might break my rule of only paying for a physical copy.

How long is a weekend deal available? Until sunday?

thy_

Binabik15 said:
Hm, deal seems nice.

I just bought AC2 and importing AC would be 6€ already, I own R6V1 for 360, FC2 I didn´t like, CoJ I sometimes thought about buying. Hell, I might break my rule of only paying for a physical copy.

How long is a weekend deal available? Until sunday?

"Offer ends Monday at 10am Pacific Time"

Zimbardo said:

Don't be afraid of Impulse. Wife and I both have accounts and have bought games from them and no problems at all.

PaulLFC

Tempting deal. Been interested in CoJ for a while but never got around to picking it up. I'd like to play R6V2 as well, so I'll probably end up buying the pack sometime this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom