• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smash88

Banned
Despite my anger at missing it -_-

I like this, it's like whack a mole, who can hit the code the fastest...

lol... I have no life -_-

EDIT: Oh look at that missed again. Yay me!

Dice said:
If it's really gone, who took it? Come on people, say thanks and/or give a heads up to others who may have wanted it.

Yup, tried it all. The codes are takin in less than a second. If you don't see it the second it's posted it's gone.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Smash88 said:
MISSED IT TWICE!!!!!!!
If it's really gone, who took it? Come on people, say thanks and/or give a heads up to others who may have wanted it.

Edit: I mean, I don't know how to check if it's gone without accidentally using it for myself if it's not. So really, say something so I can edit the post.

shuyin_

Banned
Nelo Ice said:
Here's a sanctum violator dlc key.
Thanks. That's enough for me, ARES + Sanctum DLC. Thanks again to both of you.
Funny thing is i have some ARES DLC from the steam summer sale, where i accidentaly redeemed 3 tickets for ARES DLC even thoguh i didn't even own it :)))

Dice

Glass Rebel said:
Don't hide the codes in your posts guys.
Why? Is there a way to see it without quoting them so that non-members can take it?

Dice

Glass Rebel said:
I'm not saying you should make them visible either. Let people quote you, first qote gets it.
But who is doing this and not saying they got it? Seems double-rude to not let others know it's gone and not say thanks. Oh well, can't let that ruin the spirit of the day.

The least disruptive way to give away keys is probably to do "next 3 pms" and post when it's over. Not that I mind either way, I'm just throwing shit at a wall and seeing what sticks.

Nelo Ice

Banned
jim-jam bongs said:
The least disruptive way to give away keys is probably to do "next 3 pms" and post when it's over. Not that I mind either way, I'm just throwing shit at a wall and seeing what sticks.

I just read that in cave johnsons voice. lol.

MNC

jim-jam bongs said:
THAT'S A CRYPTIC MESSAGE FOR SAYING YOU'RE GIVING OUT SKYRIM KEYS

Pandoracell said:
Actually, i'll take the Duke DLC please.

C_H_T said:
I'd like to play some SpaceChem if it still available.

Sending PMs to both of you right away.

Smash88 said:
Then that just floods this thread with people going "me", which is pointless.

I just don't like not knowing who took the codes or people not thanking each other but that's just me.

I found out about the Royle Bundle and decided that its something I want to support. Feel bad claiming the Nimbus key so I'm giving my own away.

To make it "fun", there is a quiz to establish the missing digit - the question mark in the above code:

If you subtract Jon Pertwee and Colin Baker from Matt Smith, what digit do you get?

That's the "?".

Enjoy!

Mama Robotnik said:
I found out about the Royle Bundle and decided that its something I want to support. Feel bad claiming the Nimbus key so I'm giving my own away.

To make it "fun", there is a quiz to establish the missing digit - the question mark in the above code:

If you subtract Jon Pertwee and Colin Baker from Matt Smith, what digit do you get?

That's the "?".

Enjoy!

Haha, this is a great idea.

Barrett2

Any recommendation for simple, engaging adventure / puzzle games? Im' thinking something light, ie: Professor Layton type experience.

-- Would GTA4 run on a 2011 Macbook Pro / 8gb RAM?

Matt322

I was playing Battlefield 3 when all of a sudden, it changed to windowed mode and saw I was gifted The Binding Of Isaac!

Thanks Xelios.

Matt322 said:
I was playing Battlefield 3 when all of a sudden, it changed to windowed mode and saw I was gifted The Binding Of Isaac!

Thanks Xelios.

If you really want to thank him you'll uninstall Origin and give Gabe Newell power of attorney.

lawblob said:
Any recommendation for simple, engaging adventure / puzzle games? Im' thinking something light, ie: Professor Layton type experience.

The Tiny Bang Story. It's a hidden object game, true, but it is gorgeous.

shuyin_

Banned
I'd say The Tiny Bang Story is closer to Samorost/Machinarium. Which actually is pretty Laytonesque since all you do is solve puzzles :D

But yeah, Puzzle Agent is Layton like

goodfella said:
Do you have to sign up to that forum to do it, or is it something to do with that heatware website?
Sign up and PM him. He'll give you his Paypal email, you pay, he emails you the code.

It was a picture of an Nvidia code, so I assume he's ripping them out of a box somewhere.

Ok, I finished Assassin's Creed II and I want to play Brotherhood now. Does it still have that awful always-online DRM or have they removed it? Hopefully they'll lower the price when Revelation releases and then I'll strike at the christmas sale.

shuyin_

Banned
Glass Rebel said:
Ok, I finished Assassin's Creed II and I want to play Brotherhood now. Does it still have that awful always-online DRM or have they removed it? Hopefully they'll lower the price when Revelation releases and then I'll strike at the christmas sale.
They removed it. In fact, not even Asassin's Creed 2 doesn't have it anymore.

goodfella

Foliorum Viridum said:
Sign up and PM him. He'll give you his Paypal email, you pay, he emails you the code.

It was a picture of an Nvidia code, so I assume he's ripping them out of a box somewhere.

Great, you can't sign up with web based email accounts. :( Edit 2: yes, you can.

Edit: To anyone else in my situation, you can sign up to heatware and contact him from there.

Sysgen

Dice said:
Well then, you're a swell guy for being honest about that. -_^

Shame, though. It seems like a fuller version of Zombie Driver, which I was in the mood for but people said was shallow/short-lived.

So for $2.50 it's shallow so you won't buy it. It's fun and cheap. Take you a few hours to run through it.

Turfster

Okay, figured I'd spread some joy too.
You know the drill, quote to reveal Steam keys, have fun.
(please say something if you've used the keys so I can update this post)

A.R.E.S.

Sanctum Violator DLC

Sanctum Killing Floor DLC

Keys are gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom