• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chesskid1 said:
main wants for christmas sale?

i'm hoping for Witcher 2 for $10, though i don't know if realistic.

Is it me or has Witcher 2's price held pretty well so far? Lowest I've seen it so far is at $30..

Yeah the weird errors thing is a fairly new phenomenon, I've been playing co-op every other Sunday with the same group of RL friends for a couple of years so we've been gifting regular for quite a while.

Funny story, when I emailed my co-op club about Dungeon Defenders one of the guys bought and gifted the 4-pack on the spot, but we all got the message "gift is invalid" or something like that. He got 3 jokingly abusive emails from the rest of us simultaneously.

Chesskid1 said:

Don't forget to check GOG.com too, they'll have The Witcher 2 on sale at Christmas for sure.

MRORANGE

Chesskid1 said:

witcher 1 & 2, Bastion, Costume Quest, La Noire, Deus Ex DLC, Cave Story and maybe Sonic Generations

oh and Dead Island, even though I made the OT for that I still have not bought the game :s

Chesskid1 said:

Wolfenstein, Bastion and Limbo mostly.

I also feel a bit bad for exploiting that MS points thing and getting Assassin's Creed II, which I'm enjoying, so I might get it too. Maybe.

Sanic

A couple weeks ago I decided that, in order to get through some of my backlog, I would finish every game that I started. I'm a little over three hours into Tomb Raider Anniversary and... I just can't go on. I enjoyed most of the first level, but the second,
Greece
has had poor pacing so far, and i'm getting bored. The first level had more bite-sized puzzles as well as nice pacing with regard to combat/breaking up of puzzles, but the second level feels like it's just been room after room of 25+ puzzles. I might be exaggerating a bit, but the pacing is simply not the same as on the first level and i'm finding the game is failing to hold my interest.

So much for that idea :/

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Glass Rebel said:
I also feel a bit bad for exploiting that MS points thing and getting Assassin's Creed II, which I'm enjoying, so I might get it too. Maybe.

Eh, it's Microsoft. They would probably kidnap you and harvest your organs if they could get away with it. Sucks I missed the deal, though, I would have used those points to buy Viva Pinata and Gears of War.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Chesskid1 said:
My biggest was Witcher 2, which I decided to buy for 30$ on GoG. Thought my Laptop could run it, and it does, just not very well. And since I was having a bad weekend, I decided to fold in on Alice:Maddness.

What's left?

Bulletstorm, Portal 2, Bastion, Settlers 7, and Dungeon Defenders.

Derrick01

Banned
Chesskid1 said:

I'm still hoping for Bulletstorm since EA fucked me over on the summer sale. $10 or less would be nice.

I'm also looking for cuts on Paradox games. Sengoku, Pride of Nations etc. I can't get enough of the complex stuff.

I'll take a big cut on Bastion and the Deus Ex DLC too.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Kind of tempted on VT4 ... I'll think about it some more, I suppose.

Chesskid1 said:

My main want for Christmas is for TF2 to stop crashing on me. Sales on Deus Ex DLC and Dead Island would be nice too though!

Salsa

Chesskid1 said:

Heroes VI, Ass Creed Brotherhood for 7-10 bucks, Blur, DMC4, PayDay, Super Street Fighter 4..

wouldnt mind a steam version of RE 5 either..

Knowing PC Capcom though im beting DMC and RE will go for like 15 bucks, lol.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Chesskid1 said:

I think i've seen it 20 somewhere...how much cheaper does it have to be?!

It's not even a year old yet!

Wishlist for Steam
Skyrim (REALLY tempted...)
Torchlight 2 (I hope it gets out before Dec...)
AssCreed: Revel (thinking about it)
Batman (already preordered)

edit: I want someone to gift me costume quest and then I want to bitch at them for not getting it at full price! :D

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Ummmm I don't really know. I just hope things on my wishlist have a slash through them and I will probably pick up a couple publisher catalogs this year.

Why do I always miss out on boning microsoft?

Not that it would actually get me to turn on my xbox, but I would love to feel that I have somehow been detrimental to them

Snuggler said:
Eh, it's Microsoft. They would probably kidnap you and harvest your organs if they could get away with it. Sucks I missed the deal, though, I would have used those points to buy Viva Pinata and Gears of War.

I feel bad for Ubisoft because it's their only AAA game I enjoy! Yes I know they didn't lose money because of me, leave me alone!

I just want it on my Steam account ;_;

It's so weird, for the first time in a really long time I feel like I will actually be seriously heartbroken if a game gets delayed (Torchlight 2). The first game was just pure gaming joy for me, kinda like Mario Galaxy except in my most favouritest genre of them all. Co-op bliss of that variety can't come soon enough as far as I'm concerned.

Gravijah

jim-jam bongs said:
It's so weird, for the first time in a really long time I feel like I will actually be seriously heartbroken if a game gets delayed (Torchlight 2). The first game was just pure gaming joy for me, kinda like Mario Galaxy except in my most favouritest genre of them all. Co-op bliss of that variety can't come soon enough as far as I'm concerned.

i've neglected torchlight 1 even though i love it. :(

Gravijah said:
i've neglected torchlight 1 even though i love it. :(

I played about 80 hours of it, messed around with hardcore mode and mods for a bit. In the end, there's just only so long that you can play that kind of ARPG alone, no matter how enjoyable the base mechanics are. And in the case of Torchlight they are the best in the bizzy, in my opinion.

all i want for xmas is the dota 2 release

EYE and Orcs Must Die daily deals would be grand though. been eyeing (no pun intended) a few other indie games as well such as Blocks That Matter and Serious Sam Double D.

Ionic

I would love for Costume Quest, DMC 4, Wolfensteinm and Bulletstorm to get a nice sale on Steam. Not Steam, but I'd be happy to see Gears of War 1 finally go on sale on GFWL.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
warbegins said:
all i want for xmas is the dota 2 release

EYE and Orcs Must Die daily deals would be grand though. been eyeing (no pun intended) a few other indie games as well such as Blocks That Matter and Serious Sam Double D.
EYE is bleh. Get Orcs for sure! You'll get more enjoyment out of it.

edit: glad to see the Torchlight love. I played the SHIT out of that game because it did so much RIGHT, just like Orcs. It does so much RIGHT.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hard Reset has been on my radar for a while, but I'll have to pass on it for now. Alice will be mine, though, once my pay goes in.

SalsaShark said:
finishing The Missing Link? :p

...you're forgiven. For now.

PaulLFC

:O

6YA0Z.png

plc268

MRORANGE said:
witcher 1 & 2, Bastion, Costume Quest, La Noire, Deus Ex DLC, Cave Story and maybe Sonic Generations

oh and Dead Island, even though I made the OT for that I still have not bought the game :s

That's nearly my exact list. I've really slowed down my game buying because I was getting annoyed at buying new games and seeing them discounted so soon afterwards.

Anyway, a few I'd add to that list

Driver SF
Orcs Must Die
Ass Creed Brotherhood

PaulLFC

Sale wishlist:

Shogun 2 - 75%
Ass Creed 2/Brotherhood - 75%
Orcs Must Die
DR2: Off the Record
Portal 2 (yes I know, I'm a bad person)
L4D1 (already own L4D2 but I've heard the first is supposedly better)
Space Marine - 66%+
RAGE - 50%+
Dungeon Siege 3 - 75%

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Oh, it's retarded "list of games I want on sale" time?

I want all games for free. For previously released and all future Steam releases. I also want a million dollars. I don't need more, if all games are going to be free from now on!

drizzle said:
Oh, it's retarded "list of games I want on sale" time?

I want all games for free. For previously released and all future Steam releases. I also want a million dollars. I don't need more, if all games are going to be free from now on!
Thanks for contributing.

Tomodachi

Brazil said:
Yes.

People are really cheap when it comes to the freaking GotY.
It's true. So true. I was so cheap I bought a PS3 version with a friend (paying half of it) and linked the steam code that came with that version to my steam account so I got the steam version and he got the ps3 disc version (now I play co-op with him, god bless cross-play).
Yeah, I feel awful (even though I didn't enjoy Portal 2 as much as I would have thought it's still one of the best titles this year and this generation), still have nightmares about it :(

drizzle

Axel Hertz
elrechazao said:
Thanks for contributing.
Wait, isn't the "list of things I want on sale" a list of games we want to purchase on sale that we make with no basis, other than wanting something for some price? In other words, pure speculation?

I must've understood this wrong.

Maybe I should have posted a screenshot of my Steam Games list instead?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom