• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twinduct

Every time I come in here there is some gif or picture or something posted that I associated with a sale, and then I find out it's only people that's excited about the sale and not the actual sale :/

dosh

Every time I come in here there is some gif or picture or something posted that I associated with a sale, and then I find out it's only people that's excited about the sale and not the actual sale :/

I find it fascinating to realize how often Gaffers avatar perfectly match their post.

Jimrpg

i wish they would hurry up and do a sale!

I just got a new Retina Macbook and can play PC games for the first time in like a decade so hurry up Steam!

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I find it fascinating to realize how often Gaffers avatar perfectly match their post.

bQJlh.jpg

Hellix

So, I noticed the scorched keys on TF2 expire on July 11th. The 3 Sprockets developer said it would start July 12th, so I think the timing matches up for the sale to start on the 12th. They'll probably add another summer-related theme in TF2 for the summer sale after the pyromania madness ends. Or it could just mean the summer sale starts today and ends on the 11th...

Euphor!a

Banned
Has there ever been this much uncertainty about when the sale would start? I always thought these sales were announced at least a little bit in advance.

1-D_FTW

I still can't download the last 50 meg of Tribes Ascend. I have tried all day. Whats the point of Steam megasales when Steam doesn't work for 2 months a year?

-Validated files
-Tried downloading from different regions
-deleted clientregistry.blog

Nothing fixes it. It's forever stuck on suspended.

At the risk of stating the obvious, have you clicked play? That almost always gets a game out of the suspended state and back to downloading.

Prezhulio

I still can't download the last 50 meg of Tribes Ascend. I have tried all day. Whats the point of Steam megasales when Steam doesn't work for 2 months a year?

-Validated files
-Tried downloading from different regions
-deleted clientregistry.blog

Nothing fixes it. It's forever stuck on suspended.

had the same thing happen to me with nuclear dawn this weekend/past week trying all the same "fixes" to no avail. restarted windows and it started downloading fine, lol

Milamber

Finished the song...

Why are there so many,
posts about sales dates,
and what's in the registry?

Posted sales dates visions,
but are only illusions,
and that's what Gaf is trying to find.

So we've been told and some choose to believe it,
I know they're wrong wait & see.
Someday we'll find it,
a sales date connection,
The Gaffer's, the Lurkers and me.

Who said that the Summer sale,
would be Thursday or Monday,
when we could check the registry.
somebody thought of that
and some people didn't believe it,
and look what it's done so far.

What's so amazing that keeps us disbelieving
and what do we think we might see?
Someday we'll find it,
a sales date connection,

All of us under Gaben's spell.
We know that it's probably magic.
Have you been half asleep and have you heard about sales dates?
I've heard them all claiming the same.

Is this the reposts that claims their knowledge.
The reposts are always the same.

I've heard it too many times to ignore it.
It's something that happens every sale.
Someday we'll find it,
a sales date connection,

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
Has there ever been this much uncertainty about when the sale would start? I always thought these sales were announced at least a little bit in advance.
This is my first Steam sale so few I have no idea. It does sound like a clusterf*$# though.

As long as there are some good daily deals the next couple weeks I can wait it out.

ShaneB

TeamPositive... there will be the summer sale today.

If not, let it be some sort of SSF4AE weekend deal as EVO promo or something. Come on Capcom. I missed that Amazon deal and been itching now to get back to playing it, and I don't care to play it on my 360 anymore :(
TeamDelusional

I'm sure it has been brought up, but people new to Steam sales should take a good look at the Publisher packs that they put on sale. I would have saved more money, while getting more games if I would have bought a couple of the publisher packs early on. The more Steam sales you go through the less appealing they become because you'll end up already owning big chunks of the packs that you bought individually over time.

I'm sure it has been brought up, but people new to Steam sales should take a good look at the Publisher packs that they put on sale. I would have saved more money, while getting more games if I would have bought a couple of the publisher packs early on. The more Steam sales you go through the less appealing they become because you'll end up already owning big chunks of the packs that you bought individually over time.
It's also a great way to buy games you'll never end up playing. Packs are the main cause of the fact that my backlog is this big.

It's also a great way to buy games you'll never end up playing. Packs are the main cause of the fact that my backlog is this big.

It would take some real self control to leave your first Steam sale without a giant back log. I guess I just look at things like the THQ pack and think of how much I spent to buy games from that pack individually compared to the price of the whole package.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I need a "wait for the daily deals" pic, could anyone give me one? Google fails me.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I need a "wait for the daily deals" pic, could anyone give me one? Google fails me.

NFYmG.png

Edit: There's a more recent one, created using the pic of Gabe holding an iPad. It's buried in this thread somewhere.

Edit 2: Toddhunter was on the case.

It would take some real self control to leave your first Steam sale without a giant back log. I guess I just look at things like the THQ pack and think of how much I spent to buy games from that pack individually compared to the price of the whole package.
True but the way I look at it, is that most packs contain maybe two or three games I'm actually interested in. Chances are those games will be dailies too. That's why I don't jump on the Publisher packs right away. But if you're really interested in the whole catalog then I'm not going to stop you. It's a great deal of course after all.

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
I was in a massage parlor with Gabe and John Travolta last night and I asked Gabe about the summer sale being today. Gabe smiled and was about to say something but the three of us were kicked out because of Travoltas antics and I never got to find out.

But I think he was about to say yes.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I was in a massage parlor with Gabe and John Travolta last night and I asked Gabe about the summer sale being today. Gabe smiled and was about to say something but the three of us were kicked out because of Travoltas antics and I never got to find out.

But I think he was about to say yes.

I see what you did there.

The daily deal will change over in just under four hours, but what am I going to do until then? If only there was some hobby that could fill up that time for me!

raphier

Banned
And who are you, the proud lord said,
that I must bow so low?
Only a sale in a different hat,
that's all the truth I know.
In a hat of gold or a hat of red,
Gaben still has knives,
And mine are long and sharp, my lord,
as long and sharp as yours.
And so he spoke, and so he spoke,
that lord gamer,