• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know in all probability the sales aren't starting today, but that doesn't stop me getting excited every time I see this thread near the top.

I'm ready!
TpczZ.gif

Edit: I'm hoping for a big discount on Rage and Civ 5

I've read on some blog that the traditional summer sale is cancelled. Instead Valve is teaming up with several devs and publishers to give the community free games including Half-Life: Episode 3, Shenmue 1+2+3 Collection, Crysis 1: Part 2, Final Fantasy VII Remake (PC exclusive) among others.

But only if you have Bad Rats on your account.

mr. grape

I've read on some blog that the traditional summer sale is cancelled. Instead Valve is teaming up with several devs and publishers to give the community free games including Half-Life: Episode 3, Shenmue 1+2+3 Collection, Crysis 1: Part 2, Final Fantasy VII Remake (PC exclusive) among others.

YES! I knew having Bad Rats on my account would be good for something!

HoosTrax

Figures. Should have known that Valve can't get the third of anything right, not even Summer Sale 3.

Mikor

I notice the Daily Sale for LA Noire is marked as expiring at 4 pm Pacific. Guess they're starting a bit late this year? I don't recall that as being the normal time sales are cycled through.

Nabs

It sounds like some of you guys still think it's coming today. I don't know how this thread will survive another 2 weeks.

Wizman23

Banned
If it doesn't start today I think I will end up buying one of my big-ticket games. Probably Assassin's Creed.

This is exactly why the sale won't be today. Valve knows everyone is waiting for this with wallets open ready to spend. By not announcing it today they are going to get people paying full price for games just because they want to buy something.

DSmalls84

As far as as gearing is concerned which class is the cheapest to equip (non glass cannon) for inferno? Demon Hunter? Seems like the price on solid weapons is pretty low for them?

PaulLFC

This is exactly why the sale won't be today. Valve knows everyone is waiting for this with wallets open ready to spend. By not announcing it today they are going to get people paying full price for games just because they want to buy something.
I have a feeling it'll be today, or if it's not, it will be sometime in the next week. Some of the latest registry entries:

1C Collection Pack - Summer 2012
1C Collection Pack - Summer 2012 LV
Stardock Collection Pack - Summer 2012

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
It sounds like some of you guys still think it's coming today. I don't know how this thread will survive another 2 weeks.
It wont. Out of anger the thread will turn into an Origin sale thread and Steam will be boycotted. You hear that Valve?

As far as as gearing is concerned which class is the cheapest to equip (non glass cannon) for inferno? Demon Hunter? Seems like the price on solid weapons is pretty low for them?

We have our first victim falling into insanity.

DO YOU SEE THIS GABE THIS WAS YOUR FAULT

YOU DID THIS

This is why they won't announce it ahead of time. This is not evidence for why it won't be today.

I can't wait for ~11 am central time. This thread is going to get cray.

Bradach

I'll dive on any / all of the following deals;

Rage
Shogun 2 Total War
Syndicate
Star wars the force unleashed 2
Hunted demons forge
Fable III
Kingdoms of amalur: reckoning
Wolfeinstein
Singularity
Darkness 2
Space Marine

Derrick01

Banned
I'll dive on any / all of the following deals;

Rage
Shogun 2 Total War
Syndicate
Star wars the force unleashed 2
Hunted demons forge
Fable III
Kingdoms of amalur: reckoning
Wolfeinstein
Singularity
Darkness 2
Space Marine

Syndicate's not on steam. Amazon said yesterday they're close to getting it for $15 when their sale kicks off Sunday though.

kamspy

I just heard no sale today from the only person I really know who works on a game available on Steam. Take that with a mountain of salt. He didn't hear "no", he just didn't hear "yes".

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
If it doesn't start today then talking about the Summer Sale should be banned until it starts. It's the only way. :p

haikira

This is all starting to remind me of that South Park episode, when Walmart comes to their town. I don't really have any games on steam, i'm looking at buying. But i need this sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom