• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do all developers, or at least the ones who are on steam, know when the sale starts then?

Anyway, I'm only asking for Fallout: New Vegas DLC, Skyrim and The Witchers discounts.

kamspy

Do all developers, or at least the ones who are on steam, know when the sale starts then?

Anyway, I'm only asking for Fallout: New Vegas DLC, Skyrim and The Witchers discounts.

This was my question to him, and he said he wouldn't be shocked at all if no one at this studio was informed. But he implied that they had been for past sales.

Vastag

We will have to wait until mid-july. The hints from several devs, no updates, no registry changes... today will be a sad day.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
This was my question to him, and he said he wouldn't be shocked at all if no one at this studio was informed. But he implied that they had been for past sales.

Did you ask how much earlier they have been informed usually? if its more than a month earlier, its pretty safe to say Valve just didnt inform some devs this time.

We will have to wait until mid-july. The hints from several devs, no updates, no registry changes... today will be a sad day.

:(

kamspy

Did you ask how much earlier they have been informed usually? if its more than a month earlier, its pretty safe to say Valve just didnt inform some devs this time.

Nah. Just asked if it started this week and if he would know about it. He said they were informed in the past, but hadn't heard anything. Which didn't surprise him. Maybe they don't have anything on marquee, I don't know. I didn't bother him with any follow ups.

Honestly it's not much better than our own speculation. Just figured I'd throw it out there FWIW

EDIT: If Based Gaben and SEGA-chan are kind enough to us maybe we'll get a $10 Binary Domain weekend deal for all the folks who didn't play it. If you've ever liked a robot, it will sate your weekend thirst for games with ease.

If I remember correctly from last year, the majority of the Summer sale registry entries weren't up until just an hour or so before the sale started. Might be wrong though.

PaulLFC

There have been registry changes. Only three up to now, but they're there:

1C Collection Pack - Summer 2012
1C Collection Pack - Summer 2012 LV
Stardock Collection Pack - Summer 2012

Other then the winter sales I don't recall knowing ahead of the day that a sale is going to start. They still want people buying until it starts and that won't happen if it's announced. lol looking through previous Steam Sale threads, it's the day of that you really know it's going to happen.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Those weren't confirmed

Those saying the games listed in that SPUF post haven't updated will want to ensure each respective update setting isn't set to "Do not automatically update this game". Out of curiosity, I switched Killing Floor and The Missing Link back to "Always keep this game updated" (why automatic updating was disabled in the first place, I don't know) and they're now both downloading an unannounced update:

mwE27.jpg
I thought the same thing and looked into the update history of each title, but apparently not: Killing Floor hadn't been updated since last year's Christmas sale and DE:HR hadn't received a single update since release.

I've currently working my through the other games in the list. So far I've corrected the update setting for Portal 2, Stacking, and Xotic, and all three have downloaded an update.

Derrick01

Banned
I've currently working my through the other games in the list. So far I've corrected the update setting for Portal 2, Stacking, and Xotic, and all three have downloaded an update.

The games I have on that list still haven't updated though and none of my games are switched to "do not update". Deus Ex HR and the dlc, Skyrim, and Witcher 2.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
This Steam sale... I will not buy even one game.

This is my promise.

This is my creed.

Not even if I ask you nicely? Already prepared an OT for a game I am going to advertise a bit, since basically no one has played it. O:)

What's going to happen next year if this year's sale starts July 12th? The last Thursday of June pattern goes out the window and everyone goes nuts trying to figure out the date.

Toma

I don't think you can do ban bets on GAF.

Oh believe me, mods can (and already did) if they want. And they will if they feel its justified. Not between users, though.

Hey dude, you did awesome work in promoting Frozen Synapse on GAF, but this time... I won't do it.
Yeah, I dont think it will sway anyone who absolutely pledges not to buy anything, but ah well. Good luck to you! I find it hard to resist buying games I really want to play for small prices. And the list for games I still want is surprisingly long. I thought I already own most of the stuff I want.. well... :/

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Because of your pretty avatar, I have faith in you.

Words to live by.

Oh believe me, mods can (and already did) if they want. And they will if they feel its justified. Not between users, though.

I don't think I've seen a single ban bet honoured since my account went live. I know they used to happen, but from my end it seems mods/admins partake anymore. Stump can chime in and set the record straight if he wishes, but it's hardly a pressing matter. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom