• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

If the Summer sales start today, then there would be good evidence the 2013 Summer sales would start on Thursday 27th June 2013.

Remember.

Steam sale will be starting tomorrow.

The Summer sale has always started exactly four days before the week containing July 4th.
2010 - Jun 24 - Jul 04 - Perils Of Summer Sale
2011 - Jun 30 - Jul 11 - Summer Camp Sale
2012 - Jun 28 - Jul 09 - Summer Sale

mOzeU.jpg

Maybe the steam summer sale will have an olympics theme this year and start near the end of july.

"The 2012 Summer Olympic Games [...] are scheduled [...] from 27 July to 12 August 2012."

It makes sense: the summer sales would start on July 12th and would end when the Summer Olympic Games start.

After all, this is the first year which features both Steam summer sales and Summer Olympic Games. So, why not?

Blizzard

Banned
Didn't some delevoper say July 12th?

But there is some hope for the sale to start today at least.
Yeah, but then the developer said they had been guessing.

I didn't think they would do it at the same time as a TF2 update since it'd cause exploding servers and stuff, and there were no updated dev packs. But then yesterday they updated dev packs, and released the TF2 update, so presumably today is clear.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...

The devs were just all told to fuck with us. They lied to us so that the users dont know when its starting.

Wok

Today is the best day marketing-wise. People were brought back to Steam with the TF2 video yesterday.

TGMIII

Then he said after that, that he got that from another dev who was guessing.

I mean it might not be today but today is the most probable day.

Tess3ract

Banned
Do I run down to the store and quickly buy food (10 minute walk there, 10 minute walk back) or twiddle my thumbs and wait for the sales to come up, spend money that I really shouldn't, then go shopping?

Crayons

Banned
Do I run down to the store and quickly buy food (10 minute walk there, 10 minute walk back) or twiddle my thumbs and wait for the sales to come up, spend money that I really shouldn't, then go shopping?

Buy food, that way if the sale doesn't happen at least you have a full stomach and you don't go rioting in the streets.

Wok

Buy food. Steam servers are usually really slow during the first two or three hours of sales.

Hahha, this thread is fucking awesome! Seriously! So many pages since I last visited (couple of hours ago)
I love you folks! So much excitement over a SALE.
It's like we're counting down to First Contact. Hahahhaa, brilliant! <3 GAF

Only ~25min until we find out. *fingers crossed*

YES and then look at what we bought until the next sale

nice because I'm looking forward to adding to my 100+ backlog on steam to play through in the few weeks between ending my job and starting grad school at the end of August. but who am i kidding, I'll just play iPhone/iPad games and occasionally log on to Steam to see whatever post summer sale daily deals are going on and to salivate at a huge list of games that i'll never play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom