• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Q8D3vil

Space marines is very repetitive but its definitely not gow clone.
its very fast paced and the voice acting is very good.

i wish there was much more depth to the combat because the core mechanic itself is so damn fun.

Roto13

Aww snap, Dungeon Fighter. I played that at E3 and thought it was pretty cool. I never did get around to trying it out legitimately.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Aww snap, Dungeon Fighter. I played that at E3 and thought it was pretty cool. I never did get around to trying it out legitimately.

Dang, not available in Germany :(

goober

Do we lose our Nexon stuff if we download Dungeon Fighter? I played it back in the day, but I stopped for a while cause of school.

I returned a couple months ago and couldn't do anything cause there was suspicions on my account or something.

iHIjAgajnnbGP.PNG

I guess I don't want to download DFO yet.

Hmm.. I always wanted to give this a try but the client always launched into a black screen and would never load the game or just crash. It was a pretty widespread problem back then but it has been a while.

Ugh. I really want to redownload this but I don't want all of my items that took forever to get(including rare items, like the Rebirth Cape and a few more cosmetic stuff) to get taken. For the third time.

Was your account hacked or rolled back?

Was your account hacked or rolled back?

I'm gonna guess hacked, since I see a few purchases made with free NX I racked up(last time it happened was 2 months ago, apparently. I wanted to play the other day and... yeah.) Killed my buzz. I'm thinking about contacting their support, but it might be too late at this point.

Going to buy Dawn of War 2 with extension. but there is also, a shitload of dlc for the Retribution extension ? What is it ? is it worth the aditional 5.49 euros ?

ShaneB

Well I'm not too sad now. GamersGate has SSF4AE for 10 bucks, so that'll tide me over until the summer sale.
KuGsj.gif
Thankfully I checked the SSF4 steam forums to find it!

Ifrit

If anyone has a SS coupon and is not planning on using it, please let me have it :)

My country is not eligible to earn the coupon apparently :(

Blizzard

Banned
Who plays on a Mac and has managed to play with the 360 controller?
I've never done it personally, but I seem to recall that there are even custom drivers for the 360 controller + chatpad on Mac, so I have to think that there's a way to use the wired 360 controller with it. What problem are you having?

HoosTrax

Is it worth getting DoW2 complete or would I be better off just playing Retribution?
DoW2 and DoW2: Chaos Rising have way better SP campaigns than Retribution. They felt the need to add the other factions as playable ones for Retribution, but as a result, they cut a lot of corners and half your squad members have no personality or voice overs whatsoever. Which is made all the more unappealing because regardless of which faction you pick, you play the same maps through the campaign anyway. I have 103+ hours in DoW2 + Chaos Rising (from replaying the campaign multiples times and trying different storyline arcs and squad builds), but only 13 in Retribution.

I would consider the campaigns in both the various Dawn of War and Companies of Heroes games well worth playing, unlike some games where SP is an afterthought (a lot of FPSs).

I've never done it personally, but I seem to recall that there are even custom drivers for the 360 controller + chatpad on Mac, so I have to think that there's a way to use the wired 360 controller with it. What problem are you having?

I installed the custom driver, but isn't really working. The buttons appear in the game (Super Meat Boy to be exact, when you check the controls the 360 buttons appear when it is connected), but they don't really do anything.

I can see the controller is on, and in Settings you can check the AXIS and stuff. So I really don't know what's going on.

HoosTrax

If you were in mostly for the campaign/story, that makes sense.
Curiously, they sort of did the same thing with DoW1 (did away with the dedicated single faction campaign in latter installments of the series, and let you play the campaign through as any of the factions), but I felt like it worked a lot better in that case.

Maybe because DoW1:DC/S were pure RTSs, with open, non-linear maps and non-linear campaign progression, so the addition of the other factions didn't "water down" the experience and vastly added to the replayability of the SP campaign. That, and the citadel assault maps were epic.

Retribution SP felt linear in both map design and overall campaign structure, to the point where it felt on rails most of the time, and if you played it through once, you've seen all there is to see.

Takuan

I've been waiting forever for Retribution to drop to <$10. For those who have played it, is the DLC worth the additional $7.49? It seems like there's a lot of stuff, but I have no idea if any of it actually adds value to the experience.

Sykotik

My DFO/nexon account has been compromised at least twice. First time they took all my gold and avatar items. Second time they took the nexon cash I had received as compensation for said first time.

It's been over 3 months and I haven't received a reply from customer support.

ShaneB

I haven't seen this posted elsewhere, but they also are having a Sale on EA games. Just picked up all three Mass Effect games and SSF4AE for about 60 bucks total.

Excellent! We didn't get the massive Steam sale, but at least there's deals to be had somewhere.

My frown has turned upside down.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Serious Sam 75% off steam coupon code reward on raptr is live. It puts the coupon in your inventory and is tradable.

http://raptr.com/rewards/75-percent-off-serious-sam-3-bfe

Expires August 1. I assume it will stack with the summer sale price... if it ever happens.

It says i'm not eligible, even though I have a shitload of hours in BF3, Borderlands, Team Fortress 2 and Duke Nukem Forever.

This goddamn raptr thing never tracks my hours properly.

My DFO/nexon account has been compromised at least twice. First time they took all my gold and avatar items. Second time they took the nexon cash I had received as compensation for said first time.

Oh, that's great to hear, then! I shall not expect a reply. ):

Can you activate the Gamersgate Street Fighter on Steam?
It's GFWL game, so nope.

I've been waiting forever for Retribution to drop to <$10. For those who have played it, is the DLC worth the additional $7.49? It seems like there's a lot of stuff, but I have no idea if any of it actually adds value to the experience.

If you plan on just playing the campaign, don't touch the DLC, it will be wasted money.

If you want to play the multiplayer as well, then that's a different case.

Crayons

Banned

Not surprising, I sent them a ticket in October and still no response.
They really have the worst customer support in the world, worse than Origin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom