• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smash88

Banned
fa8nr.png

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
If anyone has a SS coupon and is not planning on using it, please let me have it :)

My country is not eligible to earn the coupon apparently :(

I sent the Steam ID listed in your profile a friend request. Send me a message when you accept it and I'll send you the coupon.

HoosTrax

Volunteer moderator != Valve employee

On the other hand, since Zefah is also a volunteer mod on SPUF, we should threaten to delete his GAF account unless he spills the beans just on the off chance that the mods are privy to some inside info.

Does anyone know if Space Marine's DLC pieces are just activation codes? I bought the Chaos Unleashed Map pack and the Power Sword and I didn't need to download anything... Now I feel bad :( Oh well, at least now I have an awesome Robot Chicken hat in TF2!

It says i'm not eligible, even though I have a shitload of hours in BF3, Borderlands, Team Fortress 2 and Duke Nukem Forever.

This goddamn raptr thing never tracks my hours properly.

Huh, that's weird. I've never used Raptr before, but I just created an account and after a couple of minutes of syncing, I got the code. I didn't even had to download the desktop app.

Zizbuka

Banned
Gabe needz more moneyz. He just sits back and collects interest on all the moneyz people already gave him in anticipation of the sale. Genius.

Someone make a Gabe pic with the Bobby devil horns.

DagsJT

I'd be hugely surprised if a sale started at midnight GMT. Every single sale before has started at 6pm, why change now?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
"Spacechem 63 Corvi mission" just got updated in the registry. Wasn't that one of the ticket prizes last year?

Yeah, pretty sure that DLC is already released.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
It is (the SpaceChem DLC). But perhaps they're going to reuse some of last year's DLC for this year's event, plus presumably some new content.

Also that comic is great.

DoW2 and DoW2: Chaos Rising have way better SP campaigns than Retribution. They felt the need to add the other factions as playable ones for Retribution, but as a result, they cut a lot of corners and half your squad members have no personality or voice overs whatsoever. Which is made all the more unappealing because regardless of which faction you pick, you play the same maps through the campaign anyway. I have 103+ hours in DoW2 + Chaos Rising (from replaying the campaign multiples times and trying different storyline arcs and squad builds), but only 13 in Retribution.

I would consider the campaigns in both the various Dawn of War and Companies of Heroes games well worth playing, unlike some games where SP is an afterthought (a lot of FPSs).

The above is mostly true, but the bolded absolutely isn't (except for Tyrannids).
All of the races have mid-mission and between mission waffle, and most of the races have just as much personality in their crews as the space marines do.

The imperial guard and orkz stand out for me as having memorable characters.

HoosTrax

The above is mostly true, but the bolded absolutely isn't (except for Tyrannids).
All of the races have mid-mission and between mission waffle, and most of the races have just as much personality in their crews as the space marines do.

The imperial guard and orkz stand out for me as having memorable characters.
I haven't done the campaign as IG or orkz admittedly, just Space Marines and Chaos. Curiously, Martellus is one of your squad members...
which, depending on how your Chaos Rising campaign went, might be a bit of revisionist history

The other thing that bothered me about the campaign is that with the mission objectives being recycled, a lot of the things you do really make no sense depending on which faction you're playing as. It's not very coherent / cohesive.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Huh, that's weird. I've never used Raptr before, but I just created an account and after a couple of minutes of syncing, I got the code. I didn't even had to download the desktop app.

It says, both on the website and the client itself, that I'm ELITE on Borderlands (top 10% of players on the website).

To get the discount it's required that I have at least Amateur (top 80%) in one of the games listed.

Borderlands is one of these games.

I'm not eligible.

RetroMG

Two Steam-related questions:

If I make a purchase on my phone and select that i want to remotely install the game, shouldn't it also download the game on my PC? Am I missing a setting somewhere? I bought Analogue today, but when I got home, I still had to go through the install process to start the download.

Also: Is it weird that I want to remove Payday: The Heist from my wishlist because it's the only game that would sit between On the Rain-slick Precipice of Darkness 1 & 2 and Penny Arcade Adventures Episode 3?

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Also: Is it weird that I want to remove Payday: The Heist from my wishlist because it's the only game that would sit between On the Rain-slick Precipice of Darkness 1 & 2 and Penny Arcade Adventures Episode 3?

You can rearrange the wishlist.

If you mean on your game list, you can just move Paypay to a category of itself and it wouldn't be between the games anymore.

Salsa

I can't understand why you would want to be a moderator on an internet message board. Unless it's like FYAD or something.

I got the "job" offered after doing some spanish translation for some parts of the steam store and rejected it.

thats right guys I stood up to the gaben

RetroMG

You can rearrange the wishlist.

If you mean on your game list, you can just move Paypay to a category of itself and it wouldn't be between the games anymore.

Yeah, I meant I don't want to actually buy it because it would break up the games. good solution though, thanks.

DagsJT

Who said what about 6pm now?

In the UK, new dailies come up at 6pm each day, and summer/winter sales also started at that time.

There's a suggestion that the summer sale might start at 4pm PST (once the LA Noire midweek sale ends), which is midnight here in the UK. Seems very unlikely to me.

nexen

In the UK, new dailies come up at 6pm each day, and summer/winter sales also started at that time.

There's a suggestion that the summer sale might start at 4pm PST (once the LA Noire midweek sale ends), which is midnight here in the UK. Seems very unlikely to me.

Oh, its one of those mysterious non-American things. Like tea.

HoosTrax

They are still giving out beta keys (I signed up for one recently and got it within two weeks). YMMV

Various theories of mine of things that could get you a key faster:
- buying things from MannCo shop
- high activity (100+ hours / 2 weeks of gameplay logged)
- large Steam catalog
- RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom