• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex

rejoined after a 10 year hiatus

PC + Mobile is a great combo to be into, either way.

Considering getting Space Marine. Never really fussed with Warhammer much (I'm over 90s styled RTS's as well, so Dawn of War is out) and I don't buy many real action games so it could be nice.

I don't buy many real action games so it could be nice.

The action is strong with this one, a lot of action games make you sort of dread having to fight more things, like it's a chore...

Space Marine you revel in the combat to the point that you can't even remember anything else about the story or game after you play it. I only remember cutting through green things.

MRORANGE

How.... do you make those leaps of logic?

Not logic, It's faith!

Steam Summer Sale Has Been Delayed Because of Gamers Being Whiny; Repent and It Shall Happen!

Our Gabe, who art at Valve,
hallowed be thy name.
Thy ideas come,
thy games be done,
on PS3 as it is on PC's
Give us this day our weekly deal.
And forgive us our infractions,
as we forgive those who troll against us.
And lead us not into flaming,
but deliver us from Moderators.
For thine is the Valve,
and the keyboard,
and the mouse,
for ever and ever,
Gabe N.

s3DZD.jpg

see5harp

PC + Mobile is a great combo to be into, either way.

Considering getting Space Marine. Never really fussed with Warhammer much (I'm over 90s styled RTS's as well, so Dawn of War is out) and I don't buy many real action games so it could be nice.

EVERYTHING is a better combo.

Not logic, It's faith!

hallowed be thy name.
Thy ideas come,
thy games be done,
on PS3 as it is on PC's
For thine is the Valve,
and the keyboard,
and the mouse,
for ever and ever,
Gabe N.

s3DZD.jpg

Amazing

Not logic, It's faith!

hallowed be thy name.
Thy ideas come,
thy games be done,
on PS3 as it is on PC's
For thine is the Valve,
and the keyboard,
and the mouse,
for ever and ever,
Gabe N.

s3DZD.jpg

please send this to the makers of castle vidcons. it shall be a useful tool in teaching the ignorant console peasents.

I'm beginning to think that Valve are lining up the summer sale to coincide with the Olympic Games. That would certainly make for some fun ARG stuff.

You heard it here first folks.

Sale started early for me got Lone Survivor, SMBoy, and Braid for $5 from an awesome gaffer. Scratch 2 from my need to buy list. Having loved Dustforce I'm sure SMB is going to be great.

On topic, you don't get extra copies from Indie Bundle keys if you already own the game, sure everyone here knows that though.

mannerbot

Sale started early for me got Lone Survivor, SMBoy, and Braid for $5 from an awesome gaffer. Scratch 2 from my need to buy list. Having loved Dustforce I'm sure SMB is going to be great.

On topic, you don't get extra copies from Indie Bundle keys if you already own the game, sure everyone here knows that though.

Erh, "awesome" GAFfer? Those are the bonus games from the last Humble Indie Bundle, the games are certainly worth more than that but you got taken advantage of.

An awesome gaffer sold it to you for $5?
Well let me show you an awesome gaffer.
All for every ones favourite price of course and you can quote me on that!

Zizbuka

Banned
If I liked (not loved) Sins of a Solar Empire, will I like GalCiv 2? I guess the graphics are dated, but I can usually get past that.

Ok, fellow addict.....uh gaffers, new day, new games to buy. :D

Never really palyed any of the Warhammer games.

Now Steam is doing the Dawn of War series sale. I read the first one is good and the Gold edition is going for $4.99: http://store.steampowered.com/app/4570/

How is the game? It is noob friendly? I like playign RTS games, but I usually suck at them. So I just play on the easisest level and singleplayer only.

Will I enjoy Dawn of War?

Thanks

Ok, fellow addict.....uh gaffers, new day, new games to buy. :D

Never really palyed any of the Warhammer games.

Now Steam is doing the Dawn of War series sale. I read the first one is good and the Gold edition is going for $4.99: http://store.steampowered.com/app/4570/

How is the game? It is noob friendly? I like playign RTS games, but I usually suck at them. So I just play on the easisest level and singleplayer only.

Thanks

It's more of an ARPG, actually. The campaigns have you managing only a few units at a time, and you find new gear and gain new abilities over the course of the game.

derExperte

Thanks

Never played the first one but DoW2 is very easy to get into mainly because there's no resource management in the classical sense. You don't have to manage a base, just your relatively small team. And it starts pretty slow and easy.

Sarcasm

How do you know if there is a sale going on with the steam app? I am on the road for a few days and I tried finding the daily deal or if a sale started but I am too dumb to find it.

It's more of an ARPG, actually. The campaigns have you managing only a few units at a time, and you find new gear and gain new abilities over the course of the game.

Never played the first one but DoW2 is very easy to get into mainly because there's no resource management in the classical sense. You don't have to manage a base, just your relatively small team. And it starts pretty slow and easy.

Thanks for the replies. That makes me more interested in getting it.

I'm a very anxious person and usuallly in pure RTS games I get more nervous the further I play. :p

So, in your opinion should I get the first or the second games?

haikira

Is anyone having any trouble connecting to the steam store? Getting "This webpage is not available" when i try to access on either a browser, or steam itself, for the past hour or so.

Been having a few other odd problems with my internet today also. Just wanted to check if the site was actually having problems, or if i should count it as a problem on my end.

Ach go on one last code before bed, it's not as big as the last one though so no rush people.
It's a strange mixture of D-day and Dinosaurs? wtf!
I will plod some more codes on about same time tomorrow, UNLESS of course the steam sale starts.

Oreoleo

Hmm, i am getting a 160mb TF2 update right now.

What the Fuck?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=39344100&postcount=3417

An update to Team Fortress 2 has been released. The update will be applied automatically when you restart Team Fortress 2. The major changes include:

Added sd_doomsday to the mapcycle files
Fixed exploit that allowed Beggar's Bazooka to indefinitely hold rockets in the chamber without misfiring
Fixed hatless hats not not-drawing correctly
Fixed bugs with The Hitman’s Heatmaker
Headshot kills now properly decapitate
Bodyshot damage penalty is properly applied
Fixed sound issues while in focus
Fixed missing DX8 particle effects
Fixed seeing through Sniper fences in 2Fort when using Pyrovision
Fixed the second style for the Robot Chicken hat
Teddy Roosebelt can now get assist credits
Updated sd_doomsday:
Players can now fall into the launch pad after the rocket lifts off
Optimized some prop_dynamics to reduce server hitching
Engineers can no longer build teleporters behind the spawn
Players will no longer get pushed through the terrain if the elevator falls on them
Death pits now kill dead ringer Spies
Lowered the frequency of announcer lines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom