• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
Erh, "awesome" GAFfer? Those are the bonus games from the last Humble Indie Bundle, the games are certainly worth more than that but you got taken advantage of.

Lol I didn't get taken advantage of, I simply traded La Noire that was $5, I would do it again. Especially considering the Steam prices for each one of these games are $15.

louiedog

Lol I didn't get taken advantage of, I simply traded La Noire that was $5, I would do it again. Especially considering the Steam prices for each one of these games are $15.

Were you away from the internet for a couple of weeks earlier this month? I'm curious why you didn't pick up the Humble Indie Bundle if you were interested in those games.

Now, question - is it possible to gift a game after you bought it for yourself?

You have to chose that option at checkout, it's either or.

Were you away from the internet for a couple of weeks earlier this month? I'm curious why you didn't pick up the Humble Indie Bundle if you were interested in those games.

I have yet to buy an Indie Bundle, but yea in retrospect I should have bought the last one.

How's Space Marine? 7.50 seems like a decent price, I just don't really know anything about it other than Warhammer and third-person. Kind of tempted to pick up as a weekend game, but 7.50 is also a cheap-o weekend dinner.

Campster

Do you like my tight white sweater? STOP STARING
How's Space Marine? 7.50 seems like a decent price, I just don't really know anything about it other than Warhammer and third-person. Kind of tempted to pick up as a weekend game, but 7.50 is also a cheap-o weekend dinner.

If you like combat that's really pleasing to the senses, it's fantastic. Everything has a fantastic sense of weight, and its one of those games that feels really satisfying to blow orks apart in. It also has a surprisingly robust multiplayer experience.

But if you're the type to play for the story or for a tippy-top of the line super polished experience you'll be a little frustrated.

mannerbot

Yes, I understand that it was worth it to you in terms of the personal value you assigned to those items, that it is no longer possible to buy HB5, and that you're perfectly happy with that trade. But what you're missing is that you will only think that you didn't get ripped off if you don't understand what Humble Indie Bundles are or how they work. Still, not that bad.

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
Is the Dawn of War II complete pack worth it?

I bought it and I don't really like RTS games much. It's been described as a RTS game for people that don't really play or like RTS games. Like RTS meets RPG with a small outfit of characters or something.

I tried to play tonight but it has taken me all night to download just DoW II vanilla. WTF. Well, maybe it's my fault as I had Grimrock up and running. Shit.

Cade

I was gonna hang on to my Serious Sam 3 coupon for during the sale, but I realized my backlog is pretty great and it'd take me a while before I got around to it. However, I've already redeemed it so it's in my inventory, but if anyone wants it I can trade the coupon to them, just PM me.

Schmitty

Looks like everyone in here has a buying craze right now since they couldn't get it out during the supposed summer sale yet.

HoosTrax

I think we need a scapegoat for this Summer non-Sale fiasco.

Our conversations with Valve have been over multiple months. There are many factors to consider in picking the date - including dates for other game releases, other game DLC releases, planned Summer Sales, etc. We picked the date that would give Tribes maximum visibility given all those factors.

- Todd from HiRez Studios (Tribes Ascend), on June 27th

Salsa

I think we need a scapegoat for this Summer non-Sale fiasco.

yeah escape goat coming out on Steam would make the wait better

G1ySq.png

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I've already played through Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 on 360, and I just can't seem to bring myself to buy both for $10. :p I do want to play Mass Effect 3 but I'm really not drawn to that world that much, I guess.

Elginer

Where the hell is this sale? I just added money to my steam wallet and I want to use it. Come on Gaben don't let me down!

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
TLR worth it? I played Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, FF13, Tales of Vesperia this generation and enjoyed them all.

I played and enjoyed FF13, Lost Odyssey and absolutely loved Tales of Vesperia. For TLR, the combat is quite enjoyable if a little confusing at first, they don't do a great job of explaining the basics but once you get past the initial hurdle it's fun. The characters are nothing like Vesperia or Lost Odyssyy (I can't stay I like any of them to be quite honest.). The voice acting is pretty cheesy and there are awkward silences throughout all the cut scenes that just make me cringe. The story is somewhat interesting though I'm waiting to see exactly where it's taking me.

Overall, if you can get past the cheesy/annoying characters, you'll like the game.

Edit: I should note that the game has pretty noticeable tearing if you leave V-sync off.

Koroviev

I played and enjoyed FF13, Lost Odyssey and absolutely loved Tales of Vesperia. For TLR, the combat is quite enjoyable if a little confusing at first, they don't do a great job of explaining the basics but once you get past the initial hurdle it's fun. The characters are nothing like Vesperia or Lost Odyssyy (I can't stay I like any of them to be quite honest.). The voice acting is pretty cheesy and there are awkward silences throughout all the cut scenes that just make me cringe. The story is somewhat interesting though I'm waiting to see exactly where it's taking me.

Overall, if you can get past the cheesy/annoying characters, you'll like the game.

Edit: I should note that the game has pretty noticeable tearing if you leave V-sync off.

Who needs character and story anyway? It's all about the battle system.

Bentendo

Is Space Marine worth it? I downloaded the demo and it was pretty fun (and played good which is weird because Kingdoms of Amlaur didn't work hardly at all on my laptop) but it was also pretty hard, even on easy mode (I'm not good at shooters).

Rufus

I don't know what ground the demo covers, but it felt pretty much the same all the way through. There are some jet-pack sections, but they are (sadly) brief. So if you liked what you saw, it's a few more hours of that.
As far as difficulty: it does get harder, naturally, but it's manageable. Save your special attack (forget what it's called, the hulk out, dish more damage while invulnerable thing) for the big enemies, take note of which weapons are best against what type of enemy, don't stand out in the open unless you are actively killing things, pick your targets, etc. I played it in one glorious sitting and there was only one particularly frustrating section, right at the end, but I had overlooked a really powerful weapon in the environment and with that it went from frustrating to very, very satisfying. I had some deaths along the way, but it never felt cheap.

sazzy

Tony just posted the Amazon deals:

Hey guys,

I was going to wait a bit to post these but here are the upcoming deals for the next little bit. We'll continue to roll out stuff from other publishers (hopefully!) throughout the month of July, so stay tuned.

Starting Sunday, July 1st:

1. Max Payne 3 - $29.99 (50% off) – This is the Steam version. 50% runs 7/1-7/4 (end of day 7/4) and will then be 33% off through 7/14
  2. Spec Ops: The Line - $24.99 (50% off) – Steam activate-able – this will run from 7/1-7/14
  3. Syndicate - $14.99 – Origin activate-able – this will run from 7/1-7/14
  4. Bioshock Dual Pack (Bioshock 1 + 2) – $7.49 Steam activate-able – this will run from 7/1-7/14
  5. X-Com Complete Pack – $2.99 - Steam activate-able – this will run from 7/1-7/14
  6. The Darkness II - $12.49 – Steam activate-able – this will run from 7/1-7/14
  7. Rockstar Classics Pack - $14.99 – Steam activate-able – this will run from 7/1-7/14
  8. Crusader Kings II - $9.99 – Steam activate-able – this will run from 7/1-7/14
  9. Plethora of Paradox Games - $19.99 containing (all Steam activateable) runs 7/1-7/7 still building page:
    [*] Crusader Kings II [Download]
    [*] Crusader Kings II: Dynasty Shields DLC Pack [Online Game Code]
    [*] Crusader Kings II: Mongols DLC Pack [Online Game Code]
    [*] Crusader Kings II: Ruler Designer DLC [Online Game Code]
    [*] Crusader Kings II: Songs of Albion DLC [Online Game Code]
    [*] Crusader Kings II: Songs of Faith DLC [Online Game Code]
    [*] Crusader Kings II: Songs of the Holy Land DLC [Online Game Code]
    [*] Magicka Collection [Download]
    [*] Magicka: The Stars Are Left DLC [Online Game Code]
    [*] Majesty Gold [Online Game Code]
    [*] Majesty 2 Collection
    [*] Victoria II [Online Game Code]
    [*] Warlock: Master of the Arcane [Download]​
  10. 10. Plentiful Paradox Package - $12.49 (all are Steam activate-able) runs 7/1-7/7 contains:
  11. a. Crusader Kings II [Download]
  12. b. Magicka Collection [Download]
  13. c. Magicka: The Stars Are Left DLC [Online Game Code]
  14. d. Sword of the Stars - Complete Collection [Online Game Code]
  15. e. Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter [Download]
  16. f. Victoria II [Online Game Code]
  17. 11. Pint Sized Paradox bundle $7.49 (all steam activate-able) runs 7/1-7/7:
  18. a. Crusader Kings II: Dynasty Shields DLC Pack [Online Game Code]
  19. b. Crusader Kings II: Mongols DLC Pack [Online Game Code]
  20. c. Crusader Kings II: Ruler Designer DLC [Online Game Code]
  21. d. Crusader Kings II: Songs of Albion DLC [Online Game Code]
  22. e. Crusader Kings II: Songs of Faith DLC [Online Game Code]
  23. f. Crusader Kings II: Songs of the Holy Land DLC [Online Game Code]
  24. g. Majesty Gold [Online Game Code]
  25. h. Warlock: Master of the Arcane [Download]
  26. i. Majesty 2 Collection
  27. 12. Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition - $7.49 (Steam activate-able) runs 7/1-7/14
  28. 13. Duke Nukem Complete Pack $7.99 (Steam activate-able) runs 7/1-7/14:
  29. a. The base game - Duke Nukem Forever
  30. b. The DLC Pack - Duke Nukem Forever Hail to the Icons Parody Pack DLC
  31. c. And the DLC Pack - The Doctor Who Cloned Me DLC Pack
  32. 14. 2K Strategy Pack - $19.99 – runs 7/1-7/14
  33. a. Sid Meier's Civilization V: Game of the Year Edition [Download]
  34. b. Sid Meiers Civilization IV: The Complete Edition [Download]
  35. c. The Stronghold Collection [Download]
  36. 15. 2K Shooter Pack - $19.99 – runs 7/1-7/14
  37. a. BioShock 2 [Download]
  38. b. BioShock [Download]
  39. c. Borderlands Game of the Year Edition [Download]
  40. d. Duke Nukem Forever Complete Pack [Download]
  41. 16. 2K Mega Pack - $39.99 – runs 7/1-7/14
  42. a. BioShock 2 [Download]
  43. b. BioShock [Download]
  44. c. Borderlands Game of the Year Edition [Download]
  45. d. CivCity: Rome [Download]
  46. e. Duke Nukem Forever Complete Pack [Download]
  47. f. Mafia II [Download]
  48. g. Sid Meier's Civilization V: Game of the Year Edition [Download]
  49. h. Sid Meiers Civilization IV: The Complete Edition [Download]
  50. i. The Stronghold Collection [Download]
  51. 17. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - $29.99 (50% off Steam activate-able) – runs 7/1-7/14

Cheers,
Tony

Card Boy

Banned
Is this all $12.50?

Warlock: Master of the Arcane [Download]
10. Plentiful Paradox Package - $12.49 (all are Steam activate-able) runs 7/1-7/7 contains:
a. Crusader Kings II [Download]
b. Magicka Collection [Download]
c. Magicka: The Stars Are Left DLC [Online Game Code]
d. Sword of the Stars - Complete Collection [Online Game Code]
e. Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter [Download]
f. Victoria II [Online Game Code]

Screw Gabe, Tony is my new god now. (edit: don't avatar quote me fellow Aussies)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom