• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smash88

Banned
There already have been games added to the registry with summersale linked to it.

There is a summer sale, as to when, no one knows. Just sit and wait patiently.

Since it definitely won't be this week, my guess is what a previous dev said. Which was around mid-July.

Salsa

Screw Gabe

never

screw you for not having this sexy face

tumblr_m6d1iv8GWP1qkv3fno1_1280.jpg

gdt

Any opinions here for Spec Ops: The Line? How is the pc version? Short campaign I hear, but is it worth the $25 it will be on Amazon?

No I love it. :p Competition is great.

So that Paradox strategy pack has individual keys? I already have Magicka and wouldn't mind giving the extra keys to a friend.

Word, and yes, the Paradox Packs all give individual keys.

Games like the Majesty 2 Collection, Majesty HD Gold, and I THINK SOTS 1 Complete are 1 key for the whole shebang, but you get individual keys for each line item.

Cheers,
Tony

That being said, we give you Steam keys for each game, so if you wanted to trade you could use email to do so, many of our customers do this.

Cheers,
Tony

Thanks for popping in and letting me know. Though, I wish they were giftable as I buy a lot to add to my inventory for trades, but as I have a pretty deep distrust of people I like using the steam trade inventory system. Though, if I see something that I plan on buying for a friends I'll definitely be scooping them up. How is it that Amazon sometimes beats Steam at it's own game?

sazzy

Thanks for popping in and letting me know. Though, I wish they were giftable as I buy a lot to add to my inventory for trades, but as I have a pretty deep distrust of people I like using the steam trade inventory system. Though, if I see something that I plan on buying for a friends I'll definitely be scooping them up. How is it that Amazon sometimes beats Steam at it's own game?

Bigger company=more resources=can afford to take a greater hit.

Which is good for us btw :D

How is it that Amazon sometimes beats Steam at it's own game?

Beating them at their own game is subjective, although I'm glad from your point of view we are doing so.

A lot of our success has to do with the fact that we've got a solid base of people who really appreciate what we're doing (looking at you Neloice) and help spread the word.

I'm super open with you guys if you ever have a question don't hesitate to ask in thread or via PM (sometimes better as I'm less likely to miss it). If I can't answer something I'll just tell you that it isn't appropriate to talk about, otherwise I'm a pretty open book. I think this transparency has engendered a bit of goodwill. That and awesome CS and policies like our Key Replacement policy, which make activation limits a moot point.

Just my thoughts.

Cheers,
Tony

Card Boy

Banned
Yes! x1000. I loathe RTS games, but can't get enough of these games. Not to mention I've quickly fallen in love with the universe. You're going to get a lot of bang for your buck with the Dawn of War 2 pack.

Agreed with this statement. Normally I hate straight up RTS games like SC, Warcraft and Age of Empires but loved Dawn of War 2. It actually got me interested in the Warhammer universe. Plays sort of a Strategy Diablo game, at least the first 2 do.

AlexBasch

Passion projects demand a lot of a man. See also: Peter Jackson.
So that's why he stopped making good movies once he got slim.

*looks at avatar
Oh, my bad.

Well, it's a good thing that the Amazon sale will run for another week from now. I was pondering about getting Space Marine but goddamn at Spec Ops The Line. I enjoyed the demo but I'd like to see if the multiplayer doesn't die in one month or something.

Any chance you know when the steam sale starts?

If not, when can Australian's buy things off Amazon without jumping through hoops?

Perfect. Bravo.

Lol awesome. Obviously I have 0 clue when our competitors are running their sales...sorry man!

As for the international purchasing, I know this has to do with the fact that we ship physical products as well as digital, so different international trade and tax laws apply to us.

I don't have enough of a grasp on the background to provide much more insight than that though.

Cheers,
Tony

goober

Yes! x1000. I loathe RTS games, but can't get enough of these games. Not to mention I've quickly fallen in love with the universe. You're going to get a lot of bang for your buck with the Dawn of War 2 pack.

Agreed with this statement. Normally I hate straight up RTS games like SC, Warcraft and Age of Empires but loved Dawn of War 2. It actually got me interested in the Warhammer universe. Plays sort of a Strategy Diablo game, at least the first 2 do.

So should I start of with Dawn of War I or jump straight into DoW2? It seems like this game is right up my alley.

Megasoum

Banned
Beating them at their own game is subjective, although I'm glad from your point of view we are doing so.

A lot of our success has to do with the fact that we've got a solid base of people who really appreciate what we're doing (looking at you Neloice) and help spread the word.

I'm super open with you guys if you ever have a question don't hesitate to ask in thread or via PM (sometimes better as I'm less likely to miss it). If I can't answer something I'll just tell you that it isn't appropriate to talk about, otherwise I'm a pretty open book. I think this transparency has engendered a bit of goodwill. That and awesome CS and policies like our Key Replacement policy, which make activation limits a moot point.

Just my thoughts.

Cheers,
Tony

Do you know if Amazon.ca will ever get deals like that? We love you guys too up here!

LOL

EDIT: Looks like you already replied by the time I was writing this! Thanks

Brick

The anticipation of this sale is making me try to get deals anywhere I can find them. I just came offensively close to purchasing Daikatana on Gamersgate. Daikatana! LOOK WHAT YOU'RE MAKING ME DO, GABE!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So that's why he stopped making good movies once he got slim.

*looks at avatar
Oh, my bad.

Haha, even I'll happily acknowledge that Jackson fell short of the mark with The Lovely Bones.

If not, when can Australian's buy things off Amazon without jumping through hoops?

Buying a Steam code from Amazon is as simple as adding a second, US-based billing address. If you leave it as the default you can complete future such transactions just as quickly and easily as an actual US customer.

Just my thoughts.

Cheers,
Tony
I'm glad you realize how important transparency and good customer service really are. They are always really appreciated on our end and you guys do a great job with them.

Rahk

Mok, I've always been a bit worried about using the credit card with a different address. I suppose I do this from BestBuy, so might give it a go next time.
The billing address can be different to shipping address. Use your Australian address/details for the credit card.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The billing address can be different to shipping address. Use your Australian address/details for the credit card.

With Amazon, a user's shipping address isn't used/required for digital products, and, more importantly, their nominated billing address isn't cross-checked against the address tied to the DC/CC itself.

Edit: Bloody hell, I hate that you need to restart Driver: SF for it to detect the X360 controller again after it automatically turns off.

So can I buy games from Amazon.com even though I'm in Canada? If not, can I ask someone to buy Bioshock 1+2 for me, pay them and then enter the steam code into Steam?

Rahk

With Amazon, a user's shipping address isn't used/required for digital products, and, more importantly, their nominated billing address isn't cross-checked against the address tied to the DC/CC itself.
My bad. I must be misremembering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom