• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catshade

Can some UK-GAF or EuroGAF help me getting Dawn of War Platinum? It's 2.49 GBP/Euro there, way cheaper than $7.49 on US store. :/

Eurogamer has a nice piece about McMillen which nicely complements the indie game Movie. I didn't know where to post this, between Steam, Isaac and the Movie so I figured I'd leave that here.

Just for kicks:
"I mean, most of my work really does delve into the pee-pee, poo-poo stages of development, the whys of... It sounds retarded, but I'm fascinated with the idea of poop. Because it's considered so gross and weird, yet everybody poops. We all are very familiar with poop. Every day we wipe our asses, and we smear poop on a piece of paper in our hand. And yet it's considered so naughty and so gross and weird. Yet we're all very f***ing familiar with it."

For some reason I can't stop playing Binding of Isaac. I've spent like 50 hours on it, I don't really care about achievements, there's no real reason for me to keep playing it, but I do. It's weird. I hope Edmund keeps bringing out expansions for it.

TGMIII

For some reason I can't stop playing Binding of Isaac. I've spent like 50 hours on it, I don't really care about achievements, there's no real reason for me to keep playing it, but I do. It's weird. I hope Edmund keeps bringing out expansions for it.

For me it's the fact that it can be played in short bursts, something to fill in when there's downtime between doing or waiting on something.

Bohemia Interactive are running a sale on their own download service right now. It's not a huge saving, but you can get (Steam redeemable keys of) Arma X for 45$ instead of 60$ and Arma 2 Combined Ops for 25$ (instead of the 30$ price on Steam). Just in case anyone can't wait for the Summer sales to get the game, this is probably the way to go.

https://store.bistudio.com/

And in wild speculation, I have this niggling feeling that they won't put Arma 2 Combined Ops on sale for much less than this price even in the Summer sale. Maybe a 25-33% discount. The game is selling so well that they have no reason to cut the price any more.

chiablo

I have over 80 hours in Binding of Isaac. It's sad that a $5 game has more replayability and loot lust than Diablo 3, which cost 12 times as much.

ShaneB

Where are you seeing it for 10$?

10$ at Gamersgate.

Hard to argue the value of the game, so if you enjoy SF4, then yes, get it! :p

edit: Me and liquidmetal14 were playing some matches last night, so it would be a lot of fun to get some SteamGAF lobbies going if more people bought it recently.

10$ at Gamersgate.

Hard to argue the value of the game, so if you enjoy SF4, then yes, get it! :p

edit: Me and liquidmetal14 were playing some matches last night, so it would be a lot of fun to get some SteamGAF lobbies going if more people bought it recently.

Can it be activated on steam?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Probably not.

They just put up the Spec Ops header today, no way they are not letting the game have its spotlight. Guess next week it is then in the earliest case.

Detox

Arma 2: CO is 25% off from Bohemia's store (Steam version), just so you guys know. Not much cheaper but still :p

here

I honestly don't see this going lower in the Steam sale, Amazon had a bigger discount on this in May and they ran out of keys but I believe Tony said the next time it goes on sale the discount will only be 25%.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Spec ops header went up on Tuesday.

My german header says "You can now buy it!", that was there tuesday already?
In any case, the game just released today. Don't think they'll not use the launch days for advertising.

Alright, but the game just released today. Don't think they'll not use the launch days for advertising.

Who cares, relatively large games have launched on the start of steam sales before, I don't think Valve cares really. Not saying it's starting today, we are forsaken.

eznark

Banned
REVALATIONS 2013 NEW RELEASE REVALATIONS 2013 NEW RELEASE REVALATIONS 2013 NEW RELEASE REVALATIONS 2013 NEW RELEASE REVALATIONS 2013 NEW RELEASE REVALATIONS 2013 NEW RELEASE REVALATIONS 2013 NEW RELEASE

I'd like to thank you for the recommendation. This game has rocketed to my top 3 games of the year list.

BUY THIS GAME

nyong

Banned
No pop-up when I started Steam. I've got a good feeling about this. Two minutes until either the sale, or I finish getting ready for work.

EDIT: Bah. Guess I'll check in on my lunch half-hour.

chiablo

Steam sale? More like steam crash. I can't even get to steampowered.com, and my android Steam client mysteriously went offline at 11:00.

steam-blog-header.jpg

Robot Entertainment has announced that their critically acclaimed mobile strategy game, Hero Academy, is coming to Steam on August 8, 2012. Players who purchase the game on Steam will unlock an exclusive new heroic team featuring the mercenaries from Valve Corporation’s wildly popular Team Fortress 2. Additionally, each heroic expansion team purchased in Hero Academy on Steam will unlock a unique cosmetic item in Team Fortress 2.

Hero Academy Features:

Cross-Platform Multiplayer Gaming – Challenge friends on Steam or iOS to asynchronous one-on-one battles via online multiplayer. Play a heated bout in twenty minutes or across a full day, whenever you have a few moments. Play all of your Hero Academy matches at your desk, on your iPad, or on the go with your iPhone!

Exclusive TF2 team – The Steam version of Hero Academy includes the Council starter team and an exclusive new team featuring characters, upgrades, and abilities from Team Fortress 2! You can only unlock this team via Steam, but once unlocked you can use them anywhere that you play Hero Academy.

Team Fortress 2 unlockable items – Each expansion team purchased in Hero Academy on Steam will unlock a unique cosmetic item in Team Fortress 2.

Quick to Learn – Casual players can attack without mercy, while tactics game buffs will love the strategic cat-and-mouse gameplay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vcCUDsMdpYc

http://www.robotentertainment.com/blog/detail/Hero-Academy-Coming-Steam?device=desktop

This game was fun for a couple of weeks but like all asynch games I got tired of it within a couple of weeks. May check it out again for the TF2 characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom