• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulLFC

Do we think there's any chance The Walking Dead will be in a Telltale pack during the sale, or is it too new? I don't own that much Telltale stuff on Steam, so I'd rather get the complete pack if they include their newest games as well.

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
The good thing about no summer sale yet is I have played the hell out of Legend of Grimrock. Down to level 8 finally. Just a few more to go I think. Last night I almost shat myself when I encountered a hidden ogre. Then again with the tentacle monster. Such a great game. Worth twice its asking price.

Scythian

Damn, now I'm tempted to pick up Dawn of War II, but I already have Retribution, which I couldn't get into. Is it a good introduction to the series or should I buy DoW2?

I just got sucked into New Vegas aw yeah. I'm having a blast. I'm sure it could suck up a couple hundred hours off me. No thanks summer sale. :)

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Damn, now I'm tempted to pick up Dawn of War II, but I already have Retribution, which I couldn't get into. Is it a good introduction to the series or should I buy DoW2?

Vanilla DoWII was my least favorite of the three, although I admittedly haven't beaten Retribution still. I probably should!

But if you aren't too hot on Ret, I kinda doubt you'd get into the vanilla game.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Finally beat Serious Samuel Tbe Tripple last night. That bohemoth last boss is a douche if you don't know his weakness.

Amazon can have good sales from time to time but it irritates me that the same handful of games always seem to be on sale. Paradox games most specifically. Dragon Age and Mass Effect have gone on sale multiple times since March at least. I wish the ME games would go on sale on Steam instead.

Even Darkness 2 has ben on sale twice since the spring, both Bioshocks, Mafia, and every other game in this sale as well besides Max 3 and Spec Ops obviously.

I stopped following their sales because I was sick of seeing the same collection of games on rotation all the time.

Steam does the same thing for their major sales with the addition of some newer titles. Amazon and Steam sales aren't much different other then Dailies and not everyone game on Amazon works on Steam.

We had over 400 games on sale at the end of May from every one of our publishers except Ubisoft...

Double Fine, Square Enix, Sega, Devolver (Serious Sam), the obscure EA stuff, Focus Home Interactive, THQ, Deep Silver.

We'll also likely have Sega and Square Enix deals again in July.

Sounds like we're not doing a good job of telling people who discover games the way you do about the deals...but they have definitely been there and at the lowest price in the market.

Specifically:

1. $1.99 Psychonauts, $9.99 Double Fine Bundle (Psychonauts, Stacking, Costume Quest)
2. $4.99 Payday: The Heist - $14.99 4 pack
3. 75% off all the Serious Sam games, 82% off if you bought the 4 packs
4. $5.99 Divinity II Dragon Knight Saga
6. $9.99 NBA 2K12
7. $9.99 MLB 2K12
8. That $7.49 Square Enix Ultimate Collection we ran
9. $2.99 X-Com Collection
10. We were first to market with $4.99 L.A. Noire by about 2 months
11. 50% off Mass Effect 3
12. $8 Final Fantasy XI and XIV
13. 50% off Tera
14. Plus we regularly run $2.99 casual games sales with hundreds of games in them.

I'm curious what other type of variety you're looking for, the above 14 examples cover everything from action games to RPGs to MMOS and casual games and literally cover the vast majority of our selection.

Edit I forgot to mention $19.99 Battlefield 3, 50% off Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3, $8 Football Manager 2012, $10 Fifa 12.

Cheers,
Tony

We had over 400 games on sale at the end of May from every one of our publishers except Ubisoft...

Double Fine, Square Enix, Sega, Devolver (Serious Sam), the obscure EA stuff, Focus Home Interactive, THQ, Deep Silver.

We'll also likely have Sega and Square Enix deals again in July.

Sounds like we're not doing a good job of telling people who discover games the way you do about the deals...but they have definitely been there and at the lowest price in the market.

Specifically:

1. $1.99 Psychonauts, $9.99 Double Fine Bundle (Psychonauts, Stacking, Costume Quest)
2. $4.99 Payday: The Heist - $14.99 4 pack
3. 75% off all the Serious Sam games, 82% off if you bought the 4 packs
4. $5.99 Divinity II Dragon Knight Saga
6. $9.99 NBA 2K12
7. $9.99 MLB 2K12
8. That $7.49 Square Enix Ultimate Collection we ran
9. $2.99 X-Com Collection
10. We were first to market with $4.99 L.A. Noire by about 2 months
11. 50% off Mass Effect 3
12. $8 Final Fantasy XI and XIV
13. 50% off Tera
14. Plus we regularly run $2.99 casual games sales with hundreds of games in them.

I'm curious what other type of variety you're looking for, the above 14 examples cover everything from action games to RPGs to MMOS and casual games and literally cover the vast majority of our selection.

Edit I forgot to mention $19.99 Battlefield 3, 50% off Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3, $8 Football Manager 2012, $10 Fifa 12.

Cheers,
Tony

Is this type of sale digital only? If so, I'm pretty sure that's not available in Canada, so I would stick to Steam. There are a lot of really awesome things on Amazon, but I always find that they aren't available in Canada, only in the US.

Ledsen

"Use an american adress to buy from any country" should be in the thread title for every Amazon thread. Q&A about it is like 30% of every page in those thread.

Bulzeeb

Is this type of sale digital only? If so, I'm pretty sure that's not available in Canada, so I would stick to Steam. There are a lot of really awesome things on Amazon, but I always find that they aren't available in Canada, only in the US.

I must agree with you, the DD pc sales are most likely US only

Cade

While I agree that a lot of Amazon's sales are EA/THQ-based, those two companies have an awful lot of good titles.

I'm just waiting for Amazon to go nuts with a Ubisoft sale so I can pick up SC:C.

ShaneB

"Use an american adress to buy from any country" should be in the thread title for every Amazon thread. Q&A about it is like 30% of every page in those thread.

I was just about to say the same thing. These amazon sales are not exactly region locked and are quite simple to get around. Tony has even stated as such.

kafiend

I was just about to say the same thing. These amazon sales are not exactly region locked and are quite simple to get around. Tony has even stated as such.

The other thing about using an American address is use one in a State that has no sales tax. It's more expensive to try and be amazingly clever and amusing by using Google HQ as your address...

Negaiido

But isn't steam region locked with US/EU steam accounts? Plus don't you need a CC that's on the same US address...

Is this happening or was this an example of things that have happened? I want this as a four pack as I've been looking at this since that new DLC was announced and would love to have a couple copies to gift.

That was a promotion from last month as part of their MAYhem sale. Although I would imagine that when the DLC release date nears, it'll go on sale again for the same price.

You know I said the other day that the sale is probably 2 weeks from now. But now I'm not so sure. How many shitty games are left on Steam that can be daily deals? Enough for 2 more weeks?

RetroGreg

Rapstah

Dont know if tyou guys saw this, but Total War Shogun 2 is $9.99 at GetGames: http://www.getgamesgo.com/product/total-war-shogun-2

Is it good?

I love Rome Tota War, and played some Medieval. Empire one was a turn-off for me. I like medieval era better.

This one is feudal japan , right?

How is it?

I had the exact turn-off you had with Empire for this era. I liked Empire on its own despite it not being similar to Rome or Medieval, but Shogun, which should theoretically be closer to Rome/Medieval, felt off for me. And I've played hundreds of hours of Medieval II.

There's a demo though, and I have played an hour at most of Shogun's campaign - maybe it's really good when you get deep into it, and maybe you'll like it anyway.

I had the exact turn-off you had with Empire for this era. I liked Empire on its own despite it not being similar to Rome or Medieval, but Shogun, which should theoretically be closer to Rome/Medieval, felt off for me. And I've played hundreds of hours of Medieval II.

There's a demo though, and I have played an hour at most of Shogun's campaign - maybe it's really good when you get deep into it, and maybe you'll like it anyway.

Nah, Im gonna pass on this one. I bought Rome Total War again recently and am still playing.

I heard that they will announce Rome Total War 2, so I will wait for that one. :)

But, I put the link there in case someone's interested.

mannerbot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom