• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoosTrax

Remind me again why there's no DoW I complete pack and why I have to buy Soulstorm separately? I mean I know it's made by IronLore instead of Relic, but it's still published by THQ.

HoosTrax

This is going to happen every day until the sale isn't it?
You think this is insufferable, I have to deal with it every day between now and the sale at work as well. One of my co-workers found out about it and trolls me about it constantly.

Him: *pokes head into my office* "Steam Sale Today!!!"
Me: -_-'

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
Well, at least I can enjoy my vacation in peace. Going away tomorrow for a week so I guess it's good I don't have to worry about the summer sale.

Alex

So what are you all buying when the Summer Sale starts this Sunday?

Amazon Summer Sale

I'm not sure there's much that really interests me from the Amazon sales this time. Max Payne 3 isn't something I want to pay thirty dollars for, and I sort of want their (Rockstar) classic pack but it's a little annoying how random the games in it are.

^ adventure game connoisseur

It's all good. I'm a casual fan of adventure games and it's nice to have someone around who knows what's up in the genre.

There's more people into the genre on here than I thought there would be when I first signed up to this site. It seemed like any time I brought up adventure games with people they only knew of games that were more along the lines of visual novels like Phoenix Wright.

It's become pretty apparent that you're latching onto the closest thing to Lucas Arts adventures.

I'm so so sorry

It's been a hard life.

Worse. He saw the daily through your window and saw you smiling.

Hah, I've got the funniest image in my head from reading that.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
So what are you all buying when the Summer Sale starts this Sunday?

Amazon Summer Sale

What's there to buy again? also, do I have to create a fake US account to even consider buying stuff?

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
I'm not sure there's much that really interests me from the Amazon sales this time. Max Payne 3 isn't something I want to pay thirty dollars for, and I sort of want their (Rockstar) classic pack but it's a little annoying how random the games in it are.
Amazon can have good sales from time to time but it irritates me that the same handful of games always seem to be on sale. Paradox games most specifically. Dragon Age and Mass Effect have gone on sale multiple times since March at least. I wish the ME games would go on sale on Steam instead.

Even Darkness 2 has ben on sale twice since the spring, both Bioshocks, Mafia, and every other game in this sale as well besides Max 3 and Spec Ops obviously.

I stopped following their sales because I was sick of seeing the same collection of games on rotation all the time.

I think my weekend will consist of episode 2 of the walking dead + some skyrim being as I haven't touched it in 6 months. And probably some LoL

Just got back into Skyrim myself. I had to put it on the backburner for a while when my schedule got hectic, but returning and adding custom quest mods and such has been great. I made it 75 hours into that game without even visiting all of the major cities. I'm having a great time.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Just got back into Skyrim myself. I had to put it on the backburner for a while when my schedule got hectic, but returning and adding custom quest mods and such has been great. I made it 75 hours into that game without even visiting all of the major cities. I'm having a great time.

Is there a list of recommended content mods for Skyrim on Gaf?

Yeah, I actually originally purchased the game on xbox and beat it but still have yet to beat the PC version which will be my go to version for Dawnguard (for obvious reasons) so I went to get leveled up and such. Plus I mostly did just the main quest line on the xbox version so I went to do some of the other stuff.

Amazon can have good sales from time to time but it irritates me that the same handful of games always seem to be on sale. Paradox games most specifically. Dragon Age and Mass Effect have gone on sale multiple times since March at least. I wish the ME games would go on sale on Steam instead.

Even Darkness 2 has ben on sale twice since the spring, both Bioshocks, Mafia, and every other game in this sale as well besides Max 3 and Spec Ops obviously.

I stopped following their sales because I was sick of seeing the same collection of games on rotation all the time.

Steam does the same thing for their major sales with the addition of some newer titles. Amazon and Steam sales aren't much different other then Dailies and not everyone game on Amazon works on Steam.

Is there a list of recommended content mods for Skyrim on Gaf?

There are some here (edit: nope there aren't.): http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=457617
Otherwise I think it's just best browsing Skyrim Nexus or Steam Workshop and trying to find the most downloaded/top 100 mods.

I've been mostly pulling from the Top Rated listing in the workshop. MoonPath to Elsweyr is pretty incredible. Also ThirteenOranges quests seem pretty cool, though I haven't started any of them yet.

I'd be interested in a GAF list as well.
I can vouch for ThirteenOrange's quest mods being awesome. The Ghost Sea one is brilliant.

So I haven't been following the Steam sales as much as previous years, but there seems to be a lot of people who were expecting the Steam Summer sale to start this week - is this correct? Well, the only thing I can say it's that Gaben will surely deliver, of course, after he releases HL3.

Suite Pee

Willing to learn
Yeah, I'm torn between "fuck yeah, not spending money" and "TAKE MY MONEY."

My wishlist is mostly full of "eh, maybe" type games and some double-dips.

Once you pass 250 games there's little more than new releases you have to look forward to.

So I haven't been following the Steam sales as much as previous years, but there seems to be a lot of people who were expecting the Steam Summer sale to start this week - is this correct? Well, the only thing I can say it's that Gaben will surely deliver, of course, after he releases HL3.

A lot of people expected it to start yesterday but there have been some hints this past week that it may start in the middle of July. No one knew for sure but now it seems like it's mid-July.

bede-x

There's a lot of Dawn of War stuff reduced and I'm looking to buy the first one. Is the Platinium version(2,49) the one to go for or is the Gold edition worth the extra money(4,99)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom