• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is split-screen co-op neccessary? I have played or seen a ton of clones in spirit but I can't remember which had co-op.

Yeah,we want to play it in the same tv/pc, my last chance is pcsx2.

Edit: Woah, Magical Drop looks awesome, just what I was looking for!! thanks!

mannerbot

Could just play any of the Puzzle Bobbles with a Neo-Geo emulator. And I THINK Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes has local multiplayer. It's not a Bust-a-Move clone but it's similar to Magical Drop.

I've given up waiting for the steam sale, but I'm dangerously close to buying Civ 5 Gods & Kings on GMG. With my trade in credit I can get the exp for $16.50. Worth it? Think it'll get a bigger discount during the steam sale?

I've given up waiting for the steam sale, but I'm dangerously close to buying Civ 5 Gods & Kings on GMG. With my trade in credit I can get the exp for $16.50. Worth it? Think it'll get a bigger discount during the steam sale?

I'd wager anything released in June won't get a discount in the forthcoming Steam Sale.

Nabs

Awesome! I've been waiting on this since most people seem to dislike SFxT.

You made the right choice. We're still stuck on 1.00. We've been waiting for 1.02 since release.

Yeah, I doubt that release date but I want to believe.

Same here. Gamefly has the preorder up as well with a date of 7/31.

Edit: Woah, Magical Drop looks awesome, just what I was looking for!! thanks!

Nice. Glad to help.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I wonder if Steam gets a cut of the microtransaction profits from those kinds of games.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Dont know if tyou guys saw this, but Total War Shogun 2 is $9.99 at GetGames: http://www.getgamesgo.com/product/total-war-shogun-2

Is it good?

I love Rome Tota War, and played some Medieval. Empire one was a turn-off for me. I like medieval era better.

This one is feudal japan , right?

How is it?

That's interesting. 9.99$ vs 39€ on steam. Even with summer sale coming, that's a pretty good price. Tempting, last one i played was Medieval 2. I tried Empire later but my pc couldn't run it anywhere close to playable.

ArjanN

Is Magical Drop close enough? Magical Drop V is coming to Steam later this summer.

It just got updated in the registry like yesterday, I'm guessing it's pretty close. It's being done by Arkedo and Golgoth Studio, I visited the Golgoth site and apparantly that Toki remake they're doing is also still happening.

The worst part about waiting for a Steam sale is knowing you don't really care when it starts, only when it ends. Because you have to wait for the daily deals.

Koroviev

Dont know if tyou guys saw this, but Total War Shogun 2 is $9.99 at GetGames: http://www.getgamesgo.com/product/total-war-shogun-2

Is it good?

I love Rome Tota War, and played some Medieval. Empire one was a turn-off for me. I like medieval era better.

This one is feudal japan , right?

How is it?

It has been $7.50 before.

I really like the look of it, but I need to complete the tutorial. I'm not experienced with RTS games.

ShaneB

The Skullgirls pre-order was recently added to both Gamersgate and Origin.

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-SKULLGIRLS/skullgirls
http://store.origin.com/store/ea/en_US/pd/productID.246003100/sac.true

DRM:Steamworks (Requires a 3rd party download and account)

Release: July 2012

Price: $14.99

---

I'm not so sure about the release date, but it's nice to have some confirmation on the release and drm.

Awesome news. I completely skipped this on console after hearing it would be released on PC. No idea how the community is for it, but I was always excited for it knowing it was doing so many great things.

Also, props to Indiejones for gifting me Penny Arcade 3! :D

I already own BoD7 and CSTW, so whoever wants these games, first to quote, and they're yours!

SteveWD40

Awesome news. I completely skipped this on console after hearing it would be released on PC. No idea how the community is for it, but I was always excited for it knowing it was doing so many great things.

Also, props to Indiejones for gifting me Penny Arcade 3! :D

I already own BoD7 and CSTW, so whoever wants these games, first to quote, and they're yours!

Mememe

jediyoshi

valve.gif

Salsa

I believe it stands for complimentary.

yeah that's probably it

dont know where it fits in Joe Danger though.. maybe what I say still stands and the first one is a complimentary gift if you pre-order the sequel or something?

I mention that because I know the Joe Danger at the movies or whatever is called is the one with the steam rumors way back.. so idk

Im still sad that Splosion Man never came.

Nabs

yeah that's probably it

dont know where it fits in Joe Danger though.. maybe what I say still stands and the first one is a complimentary gift if you pre-order the sequel or something?

I mention that because I know the Joe Danger at the movies or whatever is called is the one with the steam rumors way back.. so idk

Im still sad that Splosion Man never came.

Nearly everything gets a comp pack. I think it's just for the developers. It makes sense, since it's probably early in testing.

camerooni

Neo Member
Accounts are not locked but if I remember correctly some steam keys are region locked (dead island for example), but I don't know where to find a list.

Accounts are locked in the sense that an Australian trying to buy from the Australian Steam Store using an Australian credit card while in the United States - had to specifically contact support to say - please let me do this.. which they did.. but I still had to force the australian store through the browser..

So yeah.. there is regional locks on purchases based on card origin and physical location ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom