• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

Yeah I did that too with a circuit writer pen (am I the one who showed you the post about that solution?). I keep it plugged into a powered USB hub because of potential power overdraw but it's nice to get it working again.

I know I got that advice by a couple folk here when I mentioned my wireless reciever broke, you could have very well been one of them.

Also: you guys seriously need to buy The Walking Dead. I just finished episode 2 and im ASTONISHED at how much I am enjoying it. The work put into that game is simply amazing.

If you're waiting for a deal I wouldnt hold your horses, the season isn't out yet + the discussion and speculation between the episodes coming out going on in community is worth it.

Are headphones that stop working on one side an "easy" fix?
I guess that depends on the headphones. But More than likely yes. Really soldering is a very easy thing to do. Even if you mess up a bit you can always flux your way out generally. It really really really isn't too difficult. They train the military to do it. Which if you don't know, means its not too hard.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Are headphones that stop working on one side an "easy" fix?
Yes. Depends on where the problem is though. If it's on the plug, you just need to buy a new cable, cut both wires and solder the inside, making the new plug amazingly fine. This is a pretty good guide with pictures: http://www.instructables.com/id/Sony-Headphone-Jack-Replacement-better-and-stron/. It's a little ugly.

You could do the prettier way of buying a new plug and soldering the cables to it: http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12878 A little harder, as you have to cram shit on a little casing, but it's prettier.

This is also a pretty good guide, with some videos: http://andreasodegard.com/2009/05/tutorials-how-to-fix-audio-jacks/

My headsets cable usually break at the headset part, not at the plug part. A little harder, as you have to open the headset and find the place that has the messed up wire, cut up, and make the wire shorter, and connect both parts with solder. Same thing as before, but using the same cable as opposed to a new one.

I even have the same Soldering Station pictures on the first website, which I bought for 7 Dollars with free shipping down to Brazil on EBay. Since you're likely to just throw the shit that breaks away, there's no excuse to not try to fix it yourself. It's not hard at all.

Also: you guys seriously need to buy The Walking Dead. I just finished episode 2 and im ASTONISHED at how much I am enjoying it. The work put into that game is simply amazing.

If you're waiting for a deal I wouldnt hold your horses, the season isn't out yet + the discussion and speculation between the episodes coming out going on in community is worth it.
I'm waiting on a Deal because I have too much shit to play already, and I usually stop playing TellTale adventures after the first couple of episodios (after the first episode is a better assessment). I'll wait this time around.

I haven't even played Arkham City, which I pre-ordered (for 30 bucks, but I did)... :(

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member

That's really great to hear. I'm holding out until the winter sale though. It should be cheaper then and it'll hold me over during the season three holiday hiatus.

The 10$ deal for Binary Domain mentioned earlier is perfect, can't wait for it to go up. Now I just need a good deal for Lost Planet 1 and I got my Japanese TPS fix.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
For whatever reason, a few "tools" were modified in the registry a few nights back. 3DMark11, ACDSee 14, and "videodeluxe.exe", which could be Magix Movie Edit Pro, which is called MAGIX Video deluxe in German (Magix is a German company). Not sure who they are intended for though. Looking into it, 3DMark11 and ACDSee have been in for a few months at the very least.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Should I spend on Tribes Ascend's starter pack? It's only 10 bucks.

I went for it. Seems to be a decent all-around package for weapons / items, plus the XP bonus and gold are more than welcome.

Just had an incredible match with several 'holy shit!' moments. I told my friend the other day that, outside of fighting games and the odd game of TF2, I'm kinda bored with competitive MP right now. Then this came along and, man, I can't stop playing now. Kinda funny. Tribes is really something else.

Acidote

I enjoyed Tribes for a while. Then everybody started having better equipment overall (at least more choices based on how the match is going) while hitting the pay2win button and lost interest in it. It's not as damaging as in other games but despite with lot's of people say, it does severely affect the game. It's a better f2p model than most out there, but it is not what I would like to play.

If you want to stick with the game, there's no reason not to. You'll eventually want to get VIP status in order to get accelerated exp, and the pack gives you good value for the $10 sale price. The 800 gold you get in it alone is normally $10.

Flunkie

Banned
I enjoyed Tribes for a while. Then everybody started having better equipment overall (at least more choices based on how the match is going) while hitting the pay2win button and lost interest in it. It's not as damaging as in other games but despite with lot's of people say, it does severely affect the game.

Kinda the same, but it was more abrupt for me as I didn't play for awhile after reaching rank 8, then coming back to everybody having a bunch of shit bought + playing with better players.. I dunno. Frustrating.

I'll still boot it up willingly though, as it's still great fun.. when I get into a good game.

Semblance

I actually bought some equipment earlier and did considerably worse lol.

Went right back to the default Soldier loadout, which is very strong imo.

reektann

I don't agree with the Tribes comments at all. You can hang with anybody no matter what weapons / perks they have. I played vanilla for ages but then simply wanted to have a play with some perks etc and actively wanted to give them money for such a good game.

I wouldn't say there is a pay2win button going on at all with the item purchases.

I actually bought some equipment earlier and did considerably worse lol.

Went right back to the default Soldier loadout, which is very strong imo.

Yeah, that thumper is nice if you can time the shots for when a person lands. I've been using Doombringer mostly. The landmines are great defense and he mows down others pretty quickly.

Yep, I did last night, tore myself away at 1:30am, takes me back to unreal tournament days :)

Great game btw, first free to play game I've bought into. (TF2 doesnt count 'cos I bought it in the Orange Box)

Semblance

Yeah, that thumper is nice if you can time the shots for when a person lands. I've been using Doombringer mostly. The landmines are great defense and he mows down others pretty quickly.

I'll have to try Doombringer next. I kind of prefer playing defense with the Soldier, mind as well tank it up and see how that goes. Landmines outta make for some hilarious moments, at the very least.

Haha, okay. I wasn't sure if you were aware of them. I bet we'll see the rest of them eventually. Probably on GOG would be my guess.

I used to love Dig when I was younger.

Fingers crossed we get them on Steam in the future.

I noticed Space Quest on Steam now but it's not in the Australian store. :( Would love to buy those games.

I'll have to try Doombringer next. I kind of prefer playing defense with the Soldier, mind as well tank it up and see how that goes. Landmines outta make for some hilarious moments, at the very least.

I've actually been playing a lot of defense as the Doombringer and it works well. I put mines around the generator and then go help defend the flag or hang out at the generator if it keeps getting attacked.

I used to love Dig when I was younger.

Fingers crossed we get them on Steam in the future.

I noticed Space Quest on Steam now but it's not in the Australian store. :( Would love to buy those games.

GOG has Space Quest but I have no idea if there are restrictions in Australia.

vazel

Banned
I'm not seeing pay2win in Tribes at all. I bought a few items and I don't feel like I have a big advantage which annoyed me a little but I know it's for the best. Paying is mostly worthwhile to unlock the classes if you don't want to grind 14-18k XP.

Des0lar

will learn eventually
I'm not seeing pay2win in Tribes at all. I bought a few items and I don't feel like I have a big advantage which annoyed me a little but I know it's for the best. Paying is mostly worthwhile to unlock the classes if you don't want to grind 14-18k XP.

Nonono, use gold only on stuff that costs more than 40k XP. Everything else is easily attainable and the gold cost is in no relation to that. The 100k weapons are worth it the most.

vazel

Banned
Nonono, use gold only on stuff that costs more than 40k XP. Everything else is easily attainable and the gold cost is in no relation to that. The 100k weapons are worth it the most.
Alrighty, I'll keep that in mind. I didn't know XP costs got that high. Good thing I haven't spent most of my gold yet.

Hey folks,

Is there any way to add/redeem a Steam game if I'm not on my PC and don't have access to Steam client other than the web (steampowered.com)?
Is there any "your code expires on xxxx" with Steam games? (I'm planning to buy Max Payne 3 tomorrow on the Amazon sale)

llehuty

Hey folks,

Is there any way to add/redeem a Steam game if I'm not on my PC and don't have access to Steam client other than the web (steampowered.com)?
Is there any "your code expires on xxxx" with Steam games? (I'm planning to buy Max Payne 3 tomorrow on the Amazon sale)

Only if Valve goes out of business or the universe ends. Which ever comes first.

Smash88

Banned
http://cdr.thebronasium.com/cdr

7 PACKS JUST POPPED UP AS WELL AS A SECRET TESTVALVEAPP!

OH GOD MY BODY IS READY!

EDIT: Just want to edit, it's 4 packs + ValvetestAPPs DLC + ValveAPP....Packs only come when the Sale is near - especially when 4 packs show up all within' the same time frame - those are not weekly deals (I hope). So be prepared.

Gibbo

Sorry for being a bit late but is there no summer sale this year?

The past two days have taken a huge toll on my general health. I've given up hope of a Summer sale this year

Edit: Wanted to ask you guys if $12.50 for Just Cause 2 Complete Edition is worth buying? Itching for a decent third person shooter after having completed Spec Ops

Card Boy

Banned
http://cdr.thebronasium.com/cdr

7 PACKS JUST POPPED UP AS WELL AS A SECRET TESTVALVEAPP!

OH GOD MY BODY IS READY!

0147_im80.gif

0233_fm2x.gif

0340_f9q7.gif

It begins.

The past two days have taken a huge toll on my general health. I've given up hope of a Summer sale this year

Edit: Wanted to ask you guys if $12.50 for Just Cause 2 Complete Edition is worth buying? Itching for a decent third person shooter after having completed Spec Ops
I think it has been cheaper on sales. But it is worth 12,50 anyway. One of the most fun open world games there is.

Some of the DLC stuff, (well, mostly the jetpack) are awesome!

Story is not that great, but the game is really fun.

Nalsh

Got it during a Steam sale last year for $4.99, and it was more than worth it. It's a game that doesn't let anything get in the way of simply having fun. I'd wait because it'll likely be on sale in the summer sale.

Has it been mentioned that Skullgirls will be a Steamworks title? It was confirmed by one of the developers on some chat a few weeks ago.

Aye, Gamersgate's pre-order page was pretty damn explicit. To be fair, when they announced that they were gunning for multiplatform play with the PS3, I knew it was going to be Steamworks since that's the only PC DRM that has any features on the PS3.

So.

PA3 is good. It gerts rid of the "vanilla PA" shit in favor of PA-esque humor that is actually funny because it's not about who can show up the reader's wit the most. The combat is also a huge improvement over PA's old combat and Zeboyd's own combat.

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
The 10$ deal for Binary Domain mentioned earlier is perfect, can't wait for it to go up. Now I just need a good deal for Lost Planet 1 and I got my Japanese TPS fix.
Yeah I will buy Binary Domain in a heartbeat for that price. Been itching to play it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom