• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sysgen

What registry tool is everyone using? Is there a website that keeps track of this or is it a tool that's available somewhere to download?

*edit* I just saw that bronasium site, thanks. I guess that's what at least some people are using, though I feel like there used to be a program.

I was wondering also and googled a bit and came up with this.

Not sure that it's what everyone else is looking at. The site says:

Content Description Record Database

Welcome to the CDR DB.
What is a CDR?

The CDR is a record of data that describes every Steam game and subscription provided by Valve for the Steam service.

Edit: Just saw your edit :)

Basically every game is reduced. Y's will be too. 25-50%

Thanks~

But I meant if its maybe in the "Achievement"-Sale. Normally the games which offer Summer/Winter-Achievements get discounted more than the other Games.
Hope they will have some achievements for it *haha*

I see a few people are having fun pressing the email scare button. :p

Hey. How did it go with your application to Valve? :)

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
It's easy to pass up. MSRP will drop to $30 in the next few months, meaning 75% off will give you $7.50. By Christmas, MSRP will likely me $19.99, so that's $5.00 during Christmas sales. Ta-da.

As much as I want it for 5, 10 right now is great considering it just came out.

BioHazard

I know I got that advice by a couple folk here when I mentioned my wireless reciever broke, you could have very well been one of them.

Also: you guys seriously need to buy The Walking Dead. I just finished episode 2 and im ASTONISHED at how much I am enjoying it. The work put into that game is simply amazing.

If you're waiting for a deal I wouldnt hold your horses, the season isn't out yet + the discussion and speculation between the episodes coming out going on in community is worth it.

Hey Salsa, should I still play them If I haven't seen the TV series yet, or read the graphics novels?

Hey. How did it go with your application to Valve? :)

Haven't heard anything back yet. I have a more local, promising job opportunity, so I might resend the resume if I get this local job. They did implement something of mine in the Pyromania update though, so at least they know I exist (the Unarmed Combat team colors being broken)

Moving to Washington from upstate NY would have been a huge life decision I would have had to make anyway. Not sure if I could have done it.

Haven't heard anything back yet. I have a more local, promising job opportunity, so I might resend the resume if I get this local job. They did implement something of mine in the Pyromania update though, so at least they know I exist (the Unarmed Combat team colors being broken)

Moving to Washington from upstate NY would have been a huge life decision I would have had to make anyway. Not sure if I could have done it.

Ah. Sounds nice.

Wish you the best :)

kafiend

Indie Royale Summer Bundle is live - http://www.indieroyale.com/

Harvest: Massive Encounter for: steam (pc, mac), windows, mac, linux, desura -

The Journey Down: Chapter One for: windows, mac, linux, desura

Serious Sam 2 for: steam (pc)

Gundemonium Recollection for: steam (pc), windows, desura

GundeadliGne for: steam (pc), windows, desura

Hitogata Happa for: steam (pc), windows, desura

Acceleration Of Suguri X-Edition for: windows, desura

Dino Run SE for: windows, mac, linux, desura

BONUS: AirMech for: steam (beta), windows, desura

koolaroo

Ok, people. New day, new deals lol

Super Meat Boy for $4.65 on GetGames: http://www.getgamesgo.com/product/super-meat-boy

I hear a lot about it and know its a platformer. Is ithat good?

Is the price good?
That is a pretty good price for the game. I personally really love the game but it is certainly not for everyone. Ask yourself this question. Do I mind dieing fifty times on a level? If the answer is yes stay far away from this game.

Nabs

http://store.steampowered.com/app/70210/

header_292x136.jpg

:D

Blizzard

Banned
*sigh* Was really hoping it would be today.

I find it odd that they're missing out on the weekend - that's prime time for making impulse buys.
How are they missing out on the weekend if they start their sale on a Thursday and catch two weekends?

Monday. Believe
That's not a Thursday.

I wish Valve would just tell us when it starts so i could stop getting disappointed every morning.
Or you could set your expectations to Reasonable and wait for a Thursday. :p

sazzy

My money is going to Amazon, if only for the infinitely better customer service and outreach. Of course their deals are gonna be better too.

LuffyZoro

How are they missing out on the weekend if they start their sale on a Thursday and catch two weekends?

That's not a Thursday.

They're missing out on this weekend, at least. Personally, I'm expecting the 5th.

Jzero

That's not a Thursday.

Oh okay didn't know it started on Thursdays

Sober

When the other summer sales debuted on a Thursday, was there a midweek madness that tues-thurs, and if so, did it still run until 4PM Pacific?

Weekend deals always seemed to end 10AM Pacific on Mondays, so I guess Monday might be a possible date (all deals are off the table so they can put everything up for sale)?

Lancehead

This is probably another one of Valve's experiments. They've been observing how people react to sales. Now they're observing how we react to a lack (or rather a delay) of sale. Combine that with the presence of a competitor's (Amazon's) sale, makes for a nice experiment.

Blizzard

Banned
Oh okay didn't know it started on Thursdays
Actually I could just be totally making that up and it might start on a Whateverday or something. I just suspect it is the case. To be technical:

2009 - Dec 23 - Jan 3 - Holiday Sale
2010 - Jun 24 - Jul 4 - Perils Of Summer Sale
2010 - Oct 28 - Nov 1 - Halloween Sale
2010 - Dec 20 - Jan 2 - Holiday Sale
2011 - Jun 30 - Jul 11 - Summer Camp Sale
2011 - Oct 27 - Oct 31 - Halloween Sale
2011 - Nov 23 - Nov 27 - Autumn Sale
2011 - Dec 19 - Jan 1 - Holiday Sale
Summer and Halloween sales have always started on Thursdays, but other sales have started on Wednesday or Monday (Christmas in particular seemed to start near the beginning of a week).

ShaneB

You've all gone insane! Get out and enjoy the weekend! :p For the folks in Canada, it's a long weekend (I'm still working at the moment :()

ArjanN

Thanks~

But I meant if its maybe in the "Achievement"-Sale. Normally the games which offer Summer/Winter-Achievements get discounted more than the other Games.
Hope they will have some achievements for it *haha*

Well, we don't know for sure if there will even be an achievement hunt type thing again.

Although I'm guessing there probably will be. The Witcher 2 has a new locked achievement with the description "Mysterious achievement is mysterious". I'm guessing that'll be one at least. :p

I do hope the Ys games get included in that, they already have steam achievements and it would probably be a big sales boost for those games. They deserve to sell more.

That is a pretty good price for the game. I personally really love the game but it is certainly not for everyone. Ask yourself this question. Do I mind dieing fifty times on a level? If the answer is yes stay far away from this game.

It depends. How fast does it go from dying to starting again?

If it happens reall quickly, I dont mind cause next attempt is a couple o fseceonds away.

Also, when you die, do you start how far back?

TGMIII

It depends. How fast does it go from dying to starting again?

If it happens reall quickly, I dont mind cause next attempt is a couple o fseceonds away.

Also, when you die, do you start how far back?

When you die you'll restart at the beginning of the level in about a second. Most of the levels aren't that big/long but as you start to get to the end they increase in length obviously.

Salsa

Hey Salsa, should I still play them If I haven't seen the TV series yet, or read the graphics novels?

totally. There's a bit of extra appreciation for the cameos and whatever situation you can relate to the comic books (it has no connection to the tv show) but its highly independent of it. Completely enjoyable if you never read one, and it'll only make you want to give them a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom