• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoplatee

I am up for some Action RPG. Looking through my list there are plenty but these two stood out - Divinity 2 and The Witcher 1 Enhanced Edition. I probably am asking the obvious here but I should play Witcher, yes? I heard it's awesome but Divinity 2 doesn't look all that bad either... Or is it?

Danj

Only two and a half more hours till we can look forward to the Steam summer sale still not starting! Frustratingly, it appears I already own the vast majority of the stuff that's on sale on Amazon at the moment, I'll have to wait for the Binary Domain deal to pop.

Relax.MX

Someone already beat Advanced Warfighter for PC? man.. is hard, im stuck on Mission 8: Guardrail IX

EDIT: Any help? :(

First time to play Tribes :(

N0I4J.jpg

Sysgen

Simon says ... SALE.

I am up for some Action RPG. Looking through my list there are plenty but these two stood out - Divinity 2 and The Witcher 1 Enhanced Edition. I probably am asking the obvious here but I should play Witcher, yes? I heard it's awesome but Divinity 2 doesn't look all that bad either... Or is it?

Well I'm currently debating between Divinity II and Neverwinter Nights 2. Thoughts?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The other thing about using an American address is use one in a State that has no sales tax. It's more expensive to try and be amazingly clever and amusing by using Google HQ as your address...

I think the application of tax is IP-based, as I've never been charged any despite using the address of Google's HQ.

Derrick01

Banned
It's depressing looking at that and not seeing anything I want that I don't already own.

Welcome to my last 2 steam sales and likely this one coming up. I'm at the point where my past library is mostly full and I have all of the 2012 releases I want so far so I'm kind of screwed. My only motivation is to play the daily challenges and hope I win the 10 games on your wishlist thing they usually do, that way I'll get a bunch of games from this Fall and next Spring.

Winning that would of course bring up the same problems with the winter sale though :p

The_Monk

I want to give a try at Modern Warfare 2 on my Laptop on the Bootcamp side since it's a Mac.

But I would like to trade the only 2 games I have in my Inventory. One of them is at $20 on Steam, I believe.

HoosTrax

Welcome to my last 2 steam sales and likely this one coming up. I'm at the point where my past library is mostly full and I have all of the 2012 releases I want so far so I'm kind of screwed. My only motivation is to play the daily challenges and hope I win the 10 games on your wishlist thing they usually do, that way I'll get a bunch of games from this Fall and next Spring.

Winning that would of course bring up the same problems with the winter sale though :p
First world problems, you and I. *sigh*

I think part of the problem is, a lot of stuff on that Amazon list are strategy games, and my time is being filled squarely with Dota 2 right now -- I just don't have the time for another strategy game that takes hundreds of hours to become proficient at. I kind of know that if I buy any other strategy game at this point, it's immediately going to go into the backlog never to see the light of day for months or years.

That said, I'm kind of interested in Sniper Elite v2 and the two Ys games. Oh and I still need Modern Warfare 1 (have 2 and 3, but 1 is not Steamworks so I'll have to wait for Summer Sale to complete my collection).

The thing about amazon.co.uk as well is the starting prices for Steamworks games are so much lower than they are on the Euro store, for example

Spec OPs the Line: Amazon £25 (31 euro), Steam 50 euro
Sleeping Dogs: Amazon £25 (31 euro), Steam 50 euro
Civ V Gods and Kings: £13 (16 euro), Steam 30 euro

I live in Ireland and the concept of buying a retail Steamworks game on Steam is just lunacy to me

fuck this shit I'm moving.

Edit: Steam is acting weird, Summer Sale imminent!

BioHazard

hmm debating on whether or not to buy that Pint Sized Paradox Package for just Warlock. I wonder if it will be cheaper on steam

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
My amazon saviour got me Crusader Kings 2! Finally! That will tide me over until the steam sale.

volturnus

Banned
I am up for some Action RPG. Looking through my list there are plenty but these two stood out - Divinity 2 and The Witcher 1 Enhanced Edition. I probably am asking the obvious here but I should play Witcher, yes?
Well, the ''action'' part from ARPG is quite flawed in The Witcher, but I don't know how much that matters to you.

Well, they better do SOMETHING today. Amazon is clearing out wallets. I'm dropping at least 35 over there =/

I spent like $25 already and thats because I've been trying my best to control myself.

If you realize there will be more deals on Amazon (BD is a certain purtchase), Steam really needs to step up! :p

sazzy

I spent like $25 already and thats because I've been trying my best to control myself.

If you realize there will be more deals on Amazon (BD is a certain purtchase), Steam really needs to step up! :p

Sega, Squeenix, and Amalur+DLC sales+packs are coming this month on Amazon as well.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Sales dates are usually set ahead of time, but if they were deciding now when the sale was going up and if I was in charge of it, I'd wait the Amazon sale to end to not compete with them and to piss off everybody that bought games from Amazon by making those games cheaper.

Also more sales so people can buy from me too.

MRORANGE

Sales dates are usually set ahead of time, but if they were deciding now when the sale was going up and if I was in charge of it, I'd wait the Amazon sale to end to not compete with them and to piss off everybody that bought games from Amazon by making those games cheaper.

Also more sales so people can buy from me too.

Pretty much, not sure if it will be cheaper than Amazon but it will be close enough that it would make me feel that the margins are right, plus I like the fact that Steam sales have this grandeur to them, they add things to their sales which no one else can do, such as achievement hunts, gifting and prizes. As well as having more games on sale's it's really hard to beat them at that.

Ledsen

I don't think many people realize that certain credit/debit cards do not work with Amazon as if they are detected to region outside America it will not let you go through the purchase, even if the address you listed was in the USA.

already happened ages ago with the GTA Anniversary and several other times.

Which ones? I've used both VISA and Mastercard without any problems. Most people would probably use one of those.

MRORANGE

Which ones? I've used both VISA and Mastercard without any problems. Most people would probably use one of those.

Visa Debit.

Another problem was region locking, during the Christmas period, Xelios gifted me Mafia II key from Amazon, unfortunately it was locked to American Steam accounts only.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Another problem was region locking, during the Christmas period, Xelios gifted me Mafia II key from Amazon, unfortunately it was locked to American Steam accounts only.

I believe Mafia II is one of the just few games that are region-locked, and all are from 2K. In any case, if someone happens to encounter this, TunnelBear is your friend.

Blizzard

Banned
Well, they better do SOMETHING today. Amazon is clearing out wallets. I'm dropping at least 35 over there =/
I think I looked through the entire Amazon list and didn't see anything that I wanted to get or, didn't already own. In addition, Amazon is helping Steam out by getting more people playing more Steam games. Lastly, I'm not sure how many people actually know there's a sale going on, on Amazon, unless they update the front page or send lots of email or something.

Of course I feel a similar way with Steam -- I can't really think of anything off hand that I'm waiting on a sale to buy -- so I may not be a typical consumer.

Kingven

Hi. How can i activate a region locked game? i bought civ V months ago in amazon but i cant activate it. Any suggestion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom