• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

kharma45

Keep playing. I remember it getting better as you upgrade Thorton, and the missions improve as well.

I enjoyed Alpha Protocol about just as much as Deus Ex HR. Gameplay can be kinda janky, but dat conversation system and the decision making are the best of its kind.

Must give Alpha Protocol another go sometime.

I'm looking for a copy of Portal 1 for a friend.

I have for trade:

Broken Sword Trilogy
Amazon X-Com Complete Pack (activates on Steam)
The newest Humble Bundle (Psychnaughts, Sword & Sworcery, etc.)
TF Hats
A few other small items.

Whoops wrong thread!

jarosh

The steam iPhone app is pretty crappy. Doesn't even show the daily deals or any specials for me. Or am I missing something?

The steam iPhone app is pretty crappy. Doesn't even show the daily deals or any specials for me. Or am I missing something?

Nah, it's not that good but it makes buying games on the go rather easy. I get the feeling that it's slower than the regular app though. Really weird.

Store -> Catalog -> Specials

This is how it should work but it doesn't even show all of the specials for me.

There's a code for Bastion somewhere in this post.

Letting people know when you take it is good. Or they can find out the hard way, whatever.

BFIB

My main hope for the summer sale is Witcher 2 around 50% - 60% off. Probably not too likely, but a man can dream.

I'm right there with you. Grabbed the Max Payne special on Amazon for Steam, and all I want otherwise is a deal on the Witcher 2.

justjim89

I don't even know why I'm so excited for it to go on sale. I'm only about 30 hours into Witcher 1 and I know I should beat that first.

I was checking out my indie bundles and found these

Cthulhu Saves the World

Breath of Death VII

I have no idea if they work since I bought the games off Steam when they launched but don't get your hopes up :S

Edit: If it isn't obvious, codes are hidden in post.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)

Cthulhu Saves the World

Breath of Death VII

I have no idea if they work since I bought the games off Steam when they launched but don't get your hopes up :S

They are from the Penny Arcade game I think. Anyway, I took Breath of Death VII, thanks! Someone else took Cthulhu already

Slair

Cthulhu Saves the World

Breath of Death VII

Thanks, you beautiful person you, i grabbed the Cthulu saves the world :)

They are from the Penny Arcade game I think. Anyway, I took Breath of Death VII, thanks! Someone else took Cthulhu already

Nah, I got the copies form Penny Arcade 3 stored in my inventory but my brother wants them :)

Enjoy BoDVII!

Edit: Ok, my brother doesn't want them anymore!

First two who quote gets either Cthulhu saves the World or Breath of Death VII

Cthulhu taken!

Cthulhu Saves the World is a fun game.

Anyone come across a spare copy of Lone Survivor yet? Or at least give me a review rundown on it. Cheers :)

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Cthulhu Saves the World is a fun game.

Anyone come across a spare copy of Lone Survivor yet? Or at least give me a review rundown on it. Cheers :)

My review:
Buy it when it gets the inevitable sale.

The less you know/hear about the game, the better.

That's just it, it's empty. Nothing loads for me on that tab.

Try deleting the app and reinstalling. I use the iOS app all the time. I've purchased more games from work than I care to admit. Though, I will say, I can't access Settings on the app itself. I've yet to get the Remote Install to work, admittedly I only tried once, and I think my PC was asleep at home so I'm unsure if that would stop me from remote installing.

Wok

Someone with gimp skills could consider displaying the olympics rings with the heads of the Steam characters inside. Or something with the characters doing different sports, say running for instance. This would prove useful for the Official Thread if the sales are olympics-related, which is probable with a start two weeks before the start of London 2012.
jjSbC.gif

5qVGg.png

zkylon

zkylewd
I was going to pick it up but heard the shooting/combat really sucked.

Is it any good? If so, I'll pick it up this sale.
Play stealth and problem solved. It's no Thief but it's competent enough and the dialogue system and C&C more than makes up for any gameplay deficiencies.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I was going to pick it up but heard the shooting/combat really sucked.

Is it any good? If so, I'll pick it up this sale.

If you try to play it like an action game you'll probably have a bad time. Like the other guy said, play the game stealth for maximum fun.

Enco

Play stealth and problem solved. It's no Thief but it's competent enough and the dialogue system and C&C more than makes up for any gameplay deficiencies.
If you try to play it like an action game you'll probably have a bad time. Like the other guy said, play the game stealth for maximum fun.

Thanks. I always go Stealth when possible.

I'll be sure to pick it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom