• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
Just bought The Witcher: Enhanced Edition on GoG for $5.99. Pretty good deal. This will play through Steam, right? Also, does it have native 360 controller support?

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
I am stuck at camp with really shitty coverage so I wont mind if the sale isn't tomorrow. I was hoping to get 3g coverage but I can barely search Neogaf.

that's probably Gaben being angry at Tony's smug comments.

Uh dude get a grip. Tony hasn't been smug at all. Geez.

Relax, I was just kidding. Better get your Tony fanboy glasses off.

Whats so bad about being a Tony fanboy?

Don't avatar quote me Aussies

As soon as you stop blowing Gabe k?

:p

Glad you were kidding and I'm glad you don't think I was being smug :). Not my intent at all.

Also, I am undeserving of Fanbois, I sell games for a living, very cool job but not Fanboi worthy.

BTW is anyone here going to PAX? We'll be hosting what looks to be a pretty fun party the night before it starts (Thursday). Make sure to hit me up with a PM if you want to come so I can connect with you.

Cheers,
Tony

I don't know what the hell is up with Amazon and their reps, but why is Tony so forthcoming and friendly? I mean Amazon has bad ass customer service, but Tony is repping the video game side, shouldn't he be treating us like we are dirty pirate thieves? Love it

Edit: iOS autocorrect.

mannerbot

Never been the case for me, I get support emails responded to within a day. Anecdotally, I only ever see stories of people with a problem and them replying with some sort of handout on top of solving it.

In my experience (mostly with physical orders) Amazon's customer service is the best around.

rybrad

Never been the case for me, I get support emails responded to within a day. Anecdotally, I only ever see stories of people with a problem and them replying with some sort of handout on top of solving it.
Given the context I imagine that was supposed to be "bad ass" but was typoed.

Tess3ract

Banned
I'm kinda interested in buying the WH40k games.

Are they any good?
They're all good games, if you know anything about w40k lore or not.

If you're a w40k fan, they could be shit and they'd still play it lol

Anyways the two standout ones are Dark Crusade and Retribution, if you don't get any but those, get those.

leadbelly

Banned
You need to look around more. I got games like dead space 1 and 2, assassins creed 1 and 2, and other great franchises for like £5.

Is Dawn of War II: Retribution - Complete DLC Bundle worth the 5 euros is cost?
If it contains a bunch of new units then I might be interested, but otherwise it looks pricey.

Catshade

I don't know what the hell is up with Amazon and their reps, but why is Tony so forthcoming and friendly? I mean Amazon has bad add customer service, but Tony is repping the video game side, shouldn't he be treating us like we are dirty pirate thieves? Love it, don't stop Tony.

Tony is the dirty pirate thief.
He razes GAF and plunders our Steam monies.

shyamalantwist.jpg

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
So apparently I'm an idiot and somehow managed to delete my Last Remnant saves of 8hrs, god damnit. Why can't every game use Steam Cloud :(.

It looks like all the Space Marine DLC is on a sale as well, which is the best one?

I decided to pick up the Chaos pack. It adds the ability to play as bad guys and a bunch of new Horde Mode maps, which include boss rush. That sounds like fun. I suggested my friends do likewise so we can play multiplayer.

The others are mostly cosmetic stuff. There is only one other map pack and it is for versus mode only. Adds a new mode that is like Assault apparently.

I decided to pick up the Chaos pack. It adds the ability to play as bad guys and a bunch of new Horde Mode maps, which include boss rush. That sounds like fun. I suggested my friends do likewise so we can play multiplayer.

The others are mostly cosmetic stuff. There is only one other map pack and it is for versus mode only. Adds a new mode that is like Assault apparently.

Myself and another GAF member are looking for 2 more to play the horde mode. It's pretty bad ass. Last night was my first time playing it and had a good time. I have a mumble(voice chat) that we can use if anyone is interested. Krappaduzzle in steam for those that would like to give it a go.

I'm kinda interested in buying the WH40k games, I see they're on a sale.

Are they any good?

I didn't know anything about this franchise before I played the games.

The two I recommend are:

Space Marine: it is an absolutely fantastic 3rd person action game. Equal parts melee God of War and Gears of War but with way more faster pace and action than the later. It's a fantastic ride and plays especially well with a 360 controller.

Dawn of War 2 (Vanilla, not Retribution): Probably the most user friendly RTS game. No resource management. You just control a few small squads of guys. Has a great RPG element where you replay levels and level up and get new loot. You even keep EXP and loot if you die. It also has a great presentation and great story. Don't worry about not having played the first Dawn of War. It isn't necessary. The whole game is also co-op which is a nice bonus.

You can get those two combined for $12.50. That is a fantastic deal.

adg1034

This isn't exactly Steam-specific, but I didn't want to make a new thread.

Back in the early days of the "Free to a good home" thread, someone (and I think it was Bad_Boy) decided he didn't need his Valve-signed HL2 poster anymore. Naturally, I snapped it up. But I've never been sure who, exactly, happened to sign it.
bt2M0.jpg

eB4el.jpg

rzj9s.jpg
After scouring the game's credits on its Giant Bomb page, I can recognize Doug Wood, Bill van Buren, Dhabih Eng, and the infamous Marc Laidlaw, but I'm at a loss for most of the rest. I count 19 signatures on the poster, and not one seems to be Gaben. (Sadly.) So I turn to the best video game experts I know to see if anyone else has some insight.

Who's on here?

Myself and another GAF member are looking for 2 more to play the horde mode. It's pretty bad ass. Last night was my first time playing it and had a good time. I have a mumble(voice chat) that we can use if anyone is interested. Krappaduzzle in steam for those that would like to give it a go.

I'll add you. I think I"m done for the night after finishing the campaign today but definitely down to play more in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom