• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

kharma45

Sale coming tomorrow, look for yourself:

Browse games under 10 and games under 5, they give errors on steam frontpage

http://www.steamprices.com/eu also has this beautiful error - Sale confirmed.

DON'T DO THIS TO ME.

ixf2EmqjK324k.gif

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I won't have money for the sale. So I get to sit back and laugh at you all while playing my backlog.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
never seen 1 person disappointed after steam sales

Steam sales become increasingly disappointing year on year for those of us that have been on Steam for a while. There comes a time when we simply have bought everything that interests us (and a lot that doesn't interest us).

Salsa

I have but they are always people who already own EVERYTHING.

There's always people who are disappointed. They're the people who complain that they already have all the daily deals for that day because they bought them all 3 years ago.

EDIT: Ninja'd

Steam sales become increasingly disappointing year on year for those of us that have been on Steam for a while. There comes a time when we simply have bought everything that interests us (and a lot that doesn't interest us).

those people are not disappointed by the quality of the sales.

Eusis

There'll always be new games (and those I wanted before dipping even lower), but yeah. Combined with weekend deals and some daily deals and you'll likely get through most everything you'd reasonably want, and recognize anything else is pointless unless you really want it or it's really cheap. Hell, I think some of the ones I've been wanting more just got covered: Avernum, Analogue: A Hate Story, Max Payne 3, and when Amazon puts it up Binary Domain.

HoosTrax

Wasn't there a diagram somewhere showing the various stages of Steam addiction? I think I'm in the jaded, "I have everything already why can't you ever have a sale on something I want" phase.

For me this isn't true because:

1) I love the social events with the achievement hunting, meta-games, backstories, artwork, etc. They really put a lot of care into that stuff and it's great fun.

2) There are new games coming out all time, sometimes smaller games that I never even heard of that really surprise me.

3) I always have friends joining the Steam fold and it's fun sharing the experience with them.

I certainly buy less now than I did my first couple of sales, but that's not really a bad thing. There is a lot of other cool stuff going on during these sales events.

Blizzard

Banned
For everyone disappointed that they own all the games and there aren't sales on games they don't own, just start a new account like that one guy was saying. Buy them all again! See how many 100% accounts you can collect, etc. The fun never ends!

Eusis

For everyone disappointed that they own all the games and there aren't sales on games they don't own, just start a new account like that one guy was saying. Buy them all again! See how many 100% accounts you can collect, etc. The fun never ends!
If I had enough money to do something that crazy I'd just start hoarding gift copies and throwing them out. Fill out the lists of everyone on my friends list! Then in groups! Then in random encounters of TF2 or Dota 2!

you guys know you don't have to buy a ton of games.. maybe just buy the ones you really wanna play, and maybe a couple you've heard good things about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom