• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tony banned from Steam Forums, from his CAG post
Will respond to your individual posts soon (this afternoon). Thought you guys would get a kick out of this though.

You have been banned for the following reason:
Spammed Advertisements
Date the ban will be lifted: Never
If you have questions regarding this ban, please Contact Steam Support.

I logged into my Steam forum account to see what the recent scuttlebut was and was served this message. Lol.

Cheers,
Tony

Already posted didn't notice that....sorry

derExperte

Anybody in here complaining about awesome deals for games that activate on Steam need to promptly rethink their logic.

Guys, guys, totally wrong approach. We should tell him he has to pay us with Amazon-gift codes for being allowed to post in here. It's the law!

Tambini

aUA6i.png

I will laugh maniacally when Gabe opens the gates and ultimate -75% discounts flood the Steam store, drowning all of the Amazonaysayers, while they cry themselves dry for believing in a false god of discounts.

3760267+_45858858543822ef3439647308814c3e.png

Word.

BTW on the subject of Amazon deals in this thread. I'm not trying to anger you guys so let me know if you want me to not post in here as well. I've pretty much just been answering questions people have, but if you'd prefer those questions be answered via PM or another thread just let me know.

I like hanging out in here though...

Cheers,
Tony

Hey Tony, do you know if Amazon is gonna start selling Steam vouchers?

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Lord Bezos, I have infiltrated a sect of cultists which are loyal to the competition. They fervently worship this "Gaben" with religious intensity. It will be hard to break their devotion and bring them to our side, but I am making progress every day.

Cheers, Tony

omg. He's banned lol.

Not surprised. Tony haunting this thread so much comes off as kind of shady. Going into Steams own forums is downright desperate.

Not that I mind Tony or Amazons PC sales at all. When people say they want competition for Steam I hoped they were talking about companies like Amazon or GMG. Turned out they actually were actually hoping that Origin would be successful : /

sazzy

Not surprised. Tony haunting this thread so much comes off as kind of shady. Going into Steams own forums is downright desperate.

Not that I mind Tony or Amazons PC sales at all. When people say they want competition for Steam I hoped they were talking about companies like Amazon or GMG. Turned out they actually were actually hoping that Origin would be successful : /

dude just stop

wtf

Salsa

Eh, I get how people could be bothered by it, even though im not

Tony is, after all, here for PR reasons. I dont care cause he's a cool dude with a sense of humor, but some people are touchy about that stuff for whatever reason.

The more deals we find out about the better, and it's not like Amazon is a directly competing business to Steam.

lol I havent been able to activate any games for hours now...Bought BC2 and BF2 from Amazon and now it they wont activate. :(

edit: that dip is tremendous

Are there drugs in the water I'm not aware of or is my sarcasm detector broken?

Not even Joe can come up with a reason to buy it. Abandon all hope.
I'm weighing it, have to look at the achievement descriptions and the grid view icon.
edit: yeah, no, that zebra is awful. Deal broken.

They have a good sale at Amazon and he keeps people updated. And Amazon's digital store is a little unclear on some fronts, so he is actually needed to clear some stuff up it seems (what are Steam activatable games, did they run out of keys, when is everything going on sale, etc).

If he would enter every thread and go "buy it from Amazon instead of store X" I would get your point. But with this sale going on and him just answering questions people ask him directly, I don't see a problem at all.

Alright Tony, SPUF mod buddy says there may have been a misunderstanding about you, they might have banned you not knowing your intentions as a community manager for Amazon. They auto-ban anyone they suspect is an adbot, and they thought your were an adbot.

He can't unban you though, you'll need to go to Valve to get permission.

You'll want to contact Burton Johnsey from Valve, as he handles SPUF moderation. You should be able to get permission from him to post about Amazon sales (on Steam registerable games) on SPUF.

sazzy

Tony is, after all, here for PR reasons. I dont care cause he's a cool dude with a sense of humor, but some people are touchy about that stuff for whatever reason.

The more deals we find out about the better, and it's not like Amazon is a directly competing business to Steam.

yeah i mean..

he's a nice guy + asks people for suggestions etc on deals + prob negotiates real hard to get steam keys/good deals + lets us know directly whats coming BEFORE THEY ARE POSTED ON THE WEBSITE

i mean, do the haters want him to buy them the games as well or something?

Nelo Ice

Banned
They have a good sale at Amazon and he keeps people updated. And Amazon's digital store is a little unclear on some fronts, so he is actually needed to clear some stuff up it seems (what are Steam activatable games, did they run out of keys, when is everything going on sale, etc).

If he would enter every thread and go "buy it from Amazon instead of store X" I would get your point. But with this sale going on and him just answering questions people ask him directly, I don't see a problem at all.

Not to mention he explicitly states he's Amazon's Marketing Manager. Either way failed attempt at a troll.

So... anyone tried Space Ark? What/how is it?

Space Ark is a mixture of Arkanoid and....er a platformer.
Think of it as Bat and Ball but as well as moving the bat you can also move the ball around to collect power ups and combo items to collect.
Pretty simple game to play so far, don't know if it will become harder later on.

He has an Amazon sale thread. He has now posted in this thread more than half as much as the Amazon sale thread, and he's closing fast on a 1:1 post ratio.

Not to mention he explicitly states he's Amazon's Marketing Manager. Either way failed attempt at a troll.
That also. If people are bothered by it, they should just put them on the ignore list and they won't see his posts. But they'd be missing out on good deals ;)

He has an Amazon sale thread. He has now posted in this thread more than half as much as the Amazon sale thread, and he's closing fast on a 1:1 post ratio.
Then just add him to your ignore list.

dude just stop

Just to be 100% clear about this guys. I REALLY like hanging out in these forums and answering questions, joking with you guys, and building a community, but I do it because I find it enjoyable and because it helps me get feedback on what kind of sales to build.

To give you some context, I'm a 27 year old guy who has been playing video games with his older brother since he was 7 years old and I ALWAYS wanted more insight into the video game industry when I was growing up/in school.

It always baffles me when I get the "We don't want to hear from you" message from a lot of the same folks who say "IF ONLY X COMPANY WOULD DO Y THEY WOULD BE SO MUCH BETTER!".

My favorite go-to example is Tages on Risen...it doesn't exist anymore. After it had an issue during one of our major sales we pulled it and refused to put it back up as a function of customer feedback.

Just food for thought, I love interacting with this community, because I love video games, and having passionate gamers talking about our sales being awesome...but I'm not here trying to sell you used cars lol.

Cheers,
Tony

sazzy

Because most of the sales are Steam related as well and other reasons he gave above ^ :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom