• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Oh shit they finally put up the remaining Adam's Venture games? My body is ready:

loladamzdaex.png

Hey Tony, do you know if Amazon is gonna start selling Steam vouchers?

Probably not.

Alright Tony, SPUF mod buddy says there may have been a misunderstanding about you, they might have banned you not knowing your intentions as a community manager for Amazon. They auto-ban anyone they suspect is an adbot, and they thought your were an adbot.

He can't unban you though, you'll need to go to Valve to get permission.

You'll want to contact Burton Johnsey from Valve, as he handles SPUF moderation. You should be able to get permission from him to post about Amazon sales (on Steam registerable games) on SPUF.

Sweet, I'll reach out today :). Thanks dude!

also im his favorite poster

Not fake, true :).

dpqbW.png

fuck you tony

Aww now fake.

Posting your deals on competitor's forums is kinda... questionable. I'm fine with them here though.

what happens if a ebay rep posts on a Amazon thread that they have new Amazon Kindles on ebay for cheaper?

I really wish companies that run major promotions would employ community managers to engage transparently with customers in threads like:

http://www.amazon.com/forum/video g...dThread=Tx450XOVFY8UI8#CustomerDiscussionsNew

http://www.amazon.com/forum/video g...Thread=Tx37QK0BB2HPWX5#CustomerDiscussionsNew

http://www.amazon.com/forum/video g...Thread=Tx3FOLYKZH38FVU#CustomerDiscussionsNew

http://www.amazon.com/forum/video g...Thread=Tx37BQE5HF7OW77#CustomerDiscussionsNew

http://www.amazon.com/forum/video g...Thread=Tx1M02KHDBJ0W5M#CustomerDiscussionsNew

Instead, as you can see if you click through to those threads, you end up with customers being left with questions without someone to answer them.

We want our customers to make informed purchasing decisions with all available information, not hope and pray they don't find out that there is a better deal somewhere else. Customer centricity FTW.

This. I just wish Amazon incorporated little Steam and Origin and Impulse (lol) icons next to the titles of their Digital Download games, if those Digital Downloads incorporate any of those services.

I made a mockup of what I mean:

FS0Xp.png

We're implementing something to address this soon, the engineers just pushed it into production and the OPS team is testing it now.

h-heh don't be ridiculous

/heavysweating

:) Love you and Salsa too.

Cheers,
Tony

Did I miss your question? My bad? Is it "when will Amalur be on sale?"

We'll have (non-steam) Amalur on sale from the 8-14 for $25 and $5 each for the two DLCs.

My bad dude, must have missed it in all my GlassSalsa lovetalk.

Cheers,
Tony

Im not feeling the love, man!!!

Kidding! Amazing deals man! :D

Now, how about making Kingdom of Amalur Steam activated?

I know, I know. You give someone a hand, they want your entire arm lol

Im not feeling the love, man!!!

Kidding! Amazing deals man! :D

Now, how about making Kingdom of Amalur Steam activated?

I know, I know. You give someone a hand, they want your entire arm lol

I wish dude. Unfortunately we won't have any Steam keys for EA games anytime in the foreseeable future :(.

Cheers,
Tony

Yobalt

Isn't this supposed to be pretty good? I keep thinking I read a lot of positive talk about it and many people were looking forward to it. I'll check it out, anyway.
It is pretty damn good actually. It's like Call of Duty if Call of Duty had some soul and character.

I'm glad I got the Quakecon pack last year. Probably the best deal I got on digital ever even though I have Brink, Rogue Warrior and Haunted on my account now.

Derrick01

Banned
That sounds like a horrible idea Tony and that's exactly why I'm rooting for it to happen.

Unfortunately green man gaming will likely get my preorder if they make it $35 like many of the other upcoming games.

Poor people problems :(

I'm glad I got the Quakecon pack last year. Probably the best deal I got on digital ever even though I have Brink, Rogue Warrior and Haunted on my account now.

I agree, the Quakecon pack was probably the best deal I've seen in over a year. I snatched up a couple for my brother and best friend...lots of hours were lost.

That sounds like a horrible idea Tony and that's exactly why I'm rooting for it to happen.

Unfortunately green man gaming will likely get my preorder if they make it $35 like many of the other upcoming games.

Haha no worries, I'm psyched to see if we do it :).

Cheers,
Tony

rybrad

Everyone charging $60 for their crappy ports certainly isn't helping with that either.

Hey guys,

Just posted this over in my Amazon thread but I thought you would get a kick out of it.

Anyone here have a video game tattoo? If so, I might soon be joining the club.

I don't know if I've told you guys...but I am a HUGE Borderlands fan and couldn’t be more excited about Borderlands 2. 2K and I have decided to put together a program to help express how excited I am about this game. Between now and launch, if Amazon.com takes 40,000 more preorders than we have right now (all platforms Xbox,PS, PC, and PCDD), I will get a Borderlands Tattoo on my upper back when the game launches. Let me know what you guys think, I'll be posting this on Cheapassgamer.com and Reddit as well if you guys frequent those forums.

Here's a link to our page with the 10% off and premier club offer:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008ALUBYQ/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Cheers,
Tony
Ordered months ago on amazon UK :O.

Good luck with the tattoo :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom