• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone (by someone a mod) end this discussion and just clear up what the rules are. Because this is going to get out of hand fast.

Not from me it's not. I made a post riffing on all the various "OMG Gaben take my wallet!" things we get in here. Xelios seems to generally dislike Tony, or at least his post is dripping in spite.

No need for that. Tony has been a great contributor and apologized for the one post that was off-topic for this thread.

I apologize if I offended anyone, and am backing out of this "debate."

Detox

So Tony said they have everything to release Test Drive: Ferrari but their team is very busy with other issues. However the game hasn't launched on Steam either, the only explanation is it is too close to the summer sale which is on Thursday.

Weenerz

Banned
You're right. It seems to be Tony's personal litterbox, where only he is allowed to take a dump in the thread that would otherwise not be tolerated, and his loyal subjects will rush to cover it up through whatever means necessary while the rest of us are berated for complaining about the smell. I'm not sure if this is proper use of exaggeration and/or hyperbole to make a point, please let me know how I am doing.

I post here because I like Steam, Steam games & deals on them. I don't care where they come from, so I appreciate the fact an Amazon rep exists to tell us about Steamworks deals from his company. I don't care however whether he gets a tattoo or a bonus if he gets us to order 40,000 more of his games and the like.

Bravo. I read this entire post.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Can someone (by someone a mod) end this discussion and just clear up what the rules are. Because this is going to get out of hand fast.

Wrong tense, pal.

Funny thing is, the title was changed before most of this madness started going down. It's a self-fulfilling prophesy.

Confirmed: Delays in Steam sales causes similar side effects to snorting bath salts.

At this rate, GAF will be the epicenter of the zombie apocalypse.

Kingven

I post this on Amazon thread too...

If i buy GTA IV from amazon (steam key), can i still add it to my game library? because its region locked, it doesnt appear on my steam...

The_Monk

Is the store page just not loading? Are you getting an error? Sometimes it won't load for me because, I'm guessing, too much traffic.

Thanks for answering. I dont get any error. Just a black screen. Sometimes I click on "store" again and I only get that loading icon in the upper right corner, but the screen still keeps all black.

Sometimes it works when I restart Steam, sometimes it doesn't.

Card Boy

Banned
What happened in here!?

I don't know but i read several pages back and I SMH at some people. The Tony hate thing is just ridiculous. Just give him 2 Gaf accounts like that Greenman Gaming guy, one for Amazon stuff and one for general talk if it bothers people so much.

Thanks for answering. I dont get any error. Just a black screen. Sometimes I click on "store" again and I only get that loading icon in the upper right corner, but the screen still keeps all black.

Sometimes it works when I restart Steam, sometimes it doesn't.

That happens to me once in awhile. I just try again later and it has always come back. I'm guessing it's from too many people on there but I could be wrong. It has never bothered me enough to look into it.

Ugh, will this arguing never going to end..? =(

Anyway, I often get a black screen in the store section of Steam. Any solution? I'm on the Mac side btw. Thanks in advance fellow GAFfers.

I get the same. The Mac Steam client just seems kinda crunchy, usually I just try again and again until it works.

I get lots of 'accidentally select everything in the window' and blank screens when trying to view achievements, too. I figured it was 'normal'.

Thanks for the suggestions, guys!

Is thegamestation TB's only podcast? I enjoy his mailboxes on YT but he apparently doesn't put them up as soundfiles. Bummer.

I post this on Amazon thread too...

If i buy GTA IV from amazon (steam key), can i still add it to my game library? because its region locked, it doesnt appear on my steam...

I'm not sure on this. But if you think you have a PC capable of handling the ENB mods then do not get the Steam version. It auto-updates past the version the mods need you to be at. They have hacked a way for ENB to work with the Steam version, but it doesnt work very well.

Card Boy

Banned
Thanks for the suggestions, guys!

Is thegamestation TB's only podcast? I enjoy his mailboxes on YT but he apparently doesn't put them up as soundfiles. Bummer.

Not sure, i just watch his Youtube channel. You can always download the Youtube videos and just rip the audio from them.

Just type download Youtube videos in google and there are heaps of sites that rip the vid from Youtube.

Not sure, i just watch his Youtube channel. You can always download the Youtube videos and just rip the audio from them.

Just type download Youtube videos in google and there are heaps of sites that rip the vid from Youtube.

Yeah but that seems too much of a hassle. I think I'll just continue to watch his stuff while I'm on my computer.

Edit: burn this thread down and let's rebuild society

gdt

Just played through The Walking Dead Episode 2 in one sitting, hot damn this stuff is amazing. Soul crushing choices to make....that last one will haunt me lol.

Just played through The Walking Dead Episode 2 in one sitting, hot damn this stuff is amazing. Soul crushing choices to make....that last one will haunt me lol.

Does this require prior reading of the comic or watching of the show? I haven't done either but the game looks interetsing to me.

thefil

Man, I'm starting to loathe Steam. The last couple weeks I use up all my gaming time just getting it to launch a game.

The_Monk

Does this require prior reading of the comic or watching of the show? I haven't done either but the game looks interetsing to me.

I would say no. If you decide not to, just play the game and have fun. It seems really good.

Finished Back to to the Future and never Tried Jurassic Park but Walking Dead seems to be the best from them.

And it works on Mac, so this makes it really tempting!

Ok, apparently on starting Steam I notice my catregory for Non-Steam Games is gone.

Is thre a way to bring it back or will I have to create it again?

you can either like or hate this, compared to other PR guys on Neogaf such as MarkMan and the person who works for XSEED, GMG and a few others who are not so upfront but have blended in very well with the community and have contributed nicely

You cannot hate this man

224875_101508766747185mcu9.jpg

Just cut out the 'Cheers Tony' from every post and most people wouldn't know or care who was saying what. Boom problem solved.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Example post #1:
"Hai guyz!1!! I haf eleventy hundred gamez on my Steem ackount! Ive only playd an averrage of 0.00235 minuts per game! LOL!!! That Gabe sure iz a trickstar. My poor wallet!!! 8^)"

Example post #2:
"I hear you guys, I thought that game was also really fun. In fact, my company, AMAZON, is going to have an incredible deal on it this coming Thursday, where you can buy the complete edition for $4.99. It's Steam activate-able, to boot. Are there any other games out there you would like my company, AMAZON, to run a special daily deal on?

Cheers,
Tony"

Are we really even having this debate?
#teamtony
Come on. This is just silly. Move on already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom