• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yeah launch Origin.exe through Steam and disable Origin in game. Should work that way since thats how I play BF3 with the overlay.

I'll give that a shot. Cheers.

Edit: Doesn't seem to work as far as Syndicate is concerned. Oh well.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
So are the Mw3 map packs worth it? I've kinda out MW3 down, but are the maps really good?

My friends and I are quite pleased with them at 50% off. We have played all but one of them and I don't think there is a single dud. I haven't encountered any of the issues that the console guys bitched about either.

kaskade

Might not be the best thread to ask in but I'm sure someone might have a solution for me.

I have my main monitor connected to my card through DVI. My PC is close to my TV so I ran an HDMI cable to it. What is the best solution for playing games on a second monitor? Or is there an easy way to switch between the two, say I want to play a game just make the TV my main monitor then when I'm finished switch back to my regular one?

Might not be the best thread to ask in but I'm sure someone might have a solution for me.

I have my main monitor connected to my card through DVI. My PC is close to my TV so I ran an HDMI cable to it. What is the best solution for playing games on a second monitor? Or is there an easy way to switch between the two, say I want to play a game just make the TV my main monitor then when I'm finished switch back to my regular one?

Yes there is a windows shortcut key combo that you can just instantly press to flip between monitors. Unfortunately, I don't recall what it is but it should be pretty easy to look up or somebody else can perhaps tell you.

Very handy, though. Basically you hit one key combination and you instantly flip between primary monitors.

kaskade

Yes there is a windows shortcut key combo that you can just instantly press to flip between monitors. Unfortunately, I don't recall what it is but it should be pretty easy to look up or somebody else can perhaps tell you.

Very handy, though. Basically you hit one key combination and you instantly flip between primary monitors.

Yeah, I think I got it. I set my PC to only show on my monitor then with Windows+P I can select which display to use. Seems to be working so far.

In before I'm banned ;)

For windows 7 users hold the "windows button" and "P" to toggle between displays

for all other Windows OS use function (FN)+ f7 (there should be a little image of 2 monitors on the key).

Cheers,
Tony

i should have known that valve would pull the lever that starts the sale when im asleep
you sneaky dogs you now lets see

rh2ef.png

ლ( ಥ╭╮ಥ ლ )

bender

What time is it?
Free Stuff (quote to reveal):

Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee + Exoddus PC

Hamilton's Great Adventure

Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45

Postal 2: Complete - Desura

Let me know if you use the codes so I can edit the post.

edit: All gone. Have fun mates.

sazzy

Grabbed Oddworld. Thanks!

Tess3ract

Banned
Not a steam game but gamersgate is having a sale on "nordic games" this week and The Experiment 112 is $5 right now

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-112/the-experiment-112

Everyone has to try this, especially if you're a fan of adventure or point and click games. It's soooo good.

It doesn't show off the UI in those screenshots but it's really cool, you're this mute faceless person and the only way you can have her do shit is by following the cameras you control and get her to interact with stuff on her own. I think it's very exciting storywise and the controls are so unique that it makes the whole thing very fun (if admittedly a little clunky to play)

There's a new game in this style coming out iirc, but I forget the name. Maybe something from a kickstarter campaign?

Anyways, buy this. DO IT

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Not a steam game but gamersgate is having a sale on "nordic games" this week and The Experiment 112 is $5 right now

Everyone has to try this, especially if you're a fan of adventure or point and click games. It's soooo good.

It doesn't show off the UI in those screenshots but it's really cool, you're this mute faceless person and the only way you can have her do shit is by following the cameras you control and get her to interact with stuff on her own. I think it's very exciting storywise and the controls are so unique that it makes the whole thing very fun (if admittedly a little clunky to play)

There's a new game in this style coming out iirc, but I forget the name. Maybe something from a kickstarter campaign?

Anyways, buy this. DO IT

Ban this guy, he's posting non-steam info

Anyways, buy this. DO IT

The game you're thinking of that looks like it is Republique.

Always had my eye on Experiment 112 but never played it. Supposed to be a decent adventure game.

Andvary

Got Postal 2, thank you!

Tess3ract

Banned
His complaints are valid, but also some of them are just ragging on the lore.

Typos are negligible, it was translated from french

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Hey Guyse, Binary Domain for 9,99 somewhere else, if you catch my drift.
On Amazon, you fools!

Steam redeemable, so throw those pitchforks away! (i'm one of the pitchfork holders, so I know what I'm saying).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom